IGNORED

Idiots

cityinblackburn

I'm not sure "part of the culture" defends anything though.  Not so long ago, racism and hooliganism were part of the culture (I don't mean specifically for us - in football in general).  It doesn't make either of those things okay.  Something being "part of the culture" doesn't in itself mean people have to accept it. 

Getting drunk, singing and chanting are all fine but nobody should be making fellow supporters feel uncomfortable at a football match.  There's absolutely zero excuse for the behaviour described in the original post.

Totally agree.....but the culture of the past is still going...I think it should go, but it wont. Bad behaviour is unacceptable having a laugh n a craic is fine..pissing people off or attacking others is bang out of order.

I'm just saying my personal experience with this song hasn't ever been in a way associated with being distasteful. If it wasn't for this thread i wouldn't have realised people have such an issue with it, and why its taken 16 years for someone to make a point about it.

I find it amazing that anyone can have sung a song about a real life murdered woman "being shot in the snatch" and not realised that most people would find that distasteful, unpleasant, offensive and totally inappropriate for Bristol City.

Where would you draw the line? Songs about Joanne Yeates? The Soham murders? A humorous ditty about Lee Rigby's murder?

And to answer Phantom, it doesn't matter if it's 4 people singjng it, or 400, if all this thread has done is to show those people the strength of feeling against their behaviour and that the vast majority don't want that song associated on any way with Bristol City then it's a good thing.

40 years ago it was "part of the culture" for some blokes at AG to shout c**n at black players, but society grows up, things become unacceptable and we all move on. Same should happen here.

I find it amazing that anyone can have sung a song about a real life murdered woman "being shot in the snatch"

Woah! That song has definitely changed.

I remember the song hearing it echoing through the Underground one Tuesday night at Charlton away back in 2008 or 2009.

Never have I known it to include her being shot in the snatch though, as you say.

People need to understand there at idiots at every club, the percentage would have been higher with 40,000 people there Sunday. It was a big day out for some and obviously more then most would have been drinking all day!

But I suggest you complain to the club, rather than bitch on here.

It's a forum about everything to do with Bristol City you sanctamonious ****

Woah! That song has definitely changed.

I remember the song hearing it echoing through the Underground one Tuesday night at Charlton away back in 2008 or 2009.

Never have I known it to include her being shot in the snatch though, as you say.

I do remember the old version mentioned here.

Obviously moved on somewhat!

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/123330-jill-dando/

I find it amazing that anyone can have sung a song about a real life murdered woman "being shot in the snatch" and not realised that most people would find that distasteful, unpleasant, offensive and totally inappropriate for Bristol City.

Where would you draw the line? Songs about Joanne Yeates? The Soham murders? A humorous ditty about Lee Rigby's murder?

And to answer Phantom, it doesn't matter if it's 4 people singjng it, or 400, if all this thread has done is to show those people the strength of feeling against their behaviour and that the vast majority don't want that song associated on any way with Bristol City then it's a good thing.

40 years ago it was "part of the culture" for some blokes at AG to shout c**n at black players, but society grows up, things become unacceptable and we all move on. Same should happen here.

I had to like this post. Youve clearly not heard the song, bloody hell eh?

Don't tell me you've been following the city 60 years ate a dozen clarks pies and fingered Marina dolman before she was famous and still not heard it?

The rolls is yours right?

Right.

I take it by your comment you've not heard the "yeates frozen as her pizza" song?

We sing it often. But only because we are distasteful, unpleasant, offensive and totally inappropriate. But that's your words. Even though I've openly posted an appropriate reason for myself personally singing it.

My main gripe with your post is that you've jumped on the bandwagon rather than look at the posts and made a decent contribution.

Poor You. But hey... Who am I?

Don't tell me you've been following the city 60 years ate a dozen clarks pies and fingered Marina dolman before she was famous and still not heard it?

Right.

I take it by your comment you've not heard the "yeates frozen as her pizza" song?

We sing it often. But only because we are distasteful, unpleasant, offensive and totally inappropriate. But that's your words. Even though I've openly posted an appropriate reason for myself personally singing it.

My main gripe with your post is that you've jumped on the bandwagon rather than look at the posts and made a decent contribution.

stoneroses apparently

Right.

Sim Simma?

Right.

You prat. Read the OP and see the version of the song that was sung. Unacceptable in anyone's terms and you don't have to have heard it personally to draw that conclusion.

I didn't personally witness - to pluck an example out of thin air - the sinking of the Lusitania, in order to think it was a bad thing. 

Still carry on singing your wanky songs and annoying people around you. It'll make you feel better about your sad life, no doubt.

Archived