IGNORED

Idiots

cityinblackburn

Right at the end the lads in front of me stood on their chairs to celebrate meaning myself (only 5ft 3) and the kids I had with me couldn't see the celebrations.  I shouted and asked politely if they would mind getting down, as they would still be able to see if they didn't stand on the chairs, which they duly did.

They weren't stewards ,more like ushers !!

I'd agree with this. In my block about 45 minutes before kick off I was taking photos with my daughter. So we wouldn't get in anyone's way we went into a disabled area, where rather than a row of seats it had a wide flat place for wheelchairs and a few pairs of seats. No one was in this area yet. Within a few moments of us going in there and taking photos a steward came up to us and asked us to leave 'this area is for disabled people, you can't be in here' I said we were only taking a few photos as it was higher up and we would be leaving in a few minutes. He insisted that we left as disabled people needed the spaces, there still was no one in sight! He suggested we stood on the aisles, steps, to take our pictures instead, right where everyone was walking in and out! Well as long as it wasn't in his, still empty, disabled area huh? Jobsworth.

As for the people in 116, I was only a block away and didn't see or hear anything. Wembley is a bit strange in that people can be singing and not be heard in the next block, the sound must move around a bit oddly. I hope our redeveloped ground has the acoustics right, Wembley is rubbish.

well I've not heard it before, I've been going over 30 years now

used to hear it in the Eastend but not very often but did hear a few trying to sing it a few weeks ago but no one joined in, I may be a bit ignorant but I don't see the relevance or need to sing s song about her, as for Sunday we were in 109 lower and never had any problems at all, we stood right at the back of our block but asked the people behind us if they minded if we stood and they were fine with that, if they minded we would have sat, all it takes at times is a bit of manners and others give you that respect back,

well I've not heard it before, I've been going over 30 years now

Its a delicate topic.

Needs to be handled with care.

Judging by your posts on the broad church that is Bristol City support.

If your posts manifested themselves into a physical form the door to the van / coach would be shut to other parts of the congregation.

Occasionally two worlds collide. Hep and square. Lads and scarfers. They don't always get on.

Re. The Big man. Spot on. It was a good atmosphere but can you imagine being the four who were in the seat next to them as they actually just stood in their space and made the four share three seats. The longer the match went on, the more they looked around and moaned at other fans. I think the Dando song and the ridiculously repetitive 8 men had a dream song put most off joining in with them. 

Must of been the same people who were on our train home and sang random songs. Although they were quite funny at times the constant banging on the seats infront using them as drums wasn't for the person sat there. They also sang * men had a dream for about 20 mins near the end of the journey.

We had a couple of morons in block 223.

They came in absolutely drunk and started lighting up fags. Refusing to put them out when a female steward told them to. They were constantly swearing and their was a young family directly behind them. The parents probably no older than 30 with a kid probably 6/7 years old.

Fair play to the young lady (mother) she continuously reported the three of them to senior stewards.

Then two main chief stewards with a police officer in the concourse, removed the two lads smoking. The 3rd lad hadn't been smoking in the ground and to be fair to him, he was nowhere near as bad as his so called mates. He was pretty quiet. He was ejected at half time by the senior steward. Whilst the 2 absolutely drunk lads who were smoking and swearing were quite rightly removed after 15-20 minutes I felt sorry for their mate. He wasn't smoking or swearing and yes whilst he was drunk, when his mates were removed he sat quietly watching the game. I think it was wrong of the stewards to remove him at half time and he was basically just judged on his association with the two idiots that came with him.

I don't get it, I really don't. A great day out to be had and a big occasion for the club, why ruin it not just for others but yourselves as well. Those 2 lads were wrecked before kick off and deliberately caused grief to others around them only to be removed after 15 minutes of the game. It completely ruins a good day out.

Luckily Wembley have zero tolerance to drunken, rude, offensive behavior and to smoking. Even E-Cigs aren't allowed at Wembley. The stewards in our block done a good job and removing those two idiots when they did made it a lot more enjoyable for everyone. I feel however the 3rd lad shouldn't have been ejected.

He suggested we stood on the aisles, steps, to take our pictures instead, right where everyone was walking in and out! Well as long as it wasn't in his, still empty, disabled area huh? Jobsworth.

The way I see this is that stewards are briefed on such a thing, if they were to turn a blind eye to it I guess their jobs would be on the line.

I was in 116 but the group in question were behind so did not see any of the problems mentioned....

However I did hear the song about Jill Dando and how the verses got more tawdry as they went on being made up ....and can confirm that they need to learn some other songs because that "8 men had a dream" although a great ditty did get on ones nerves when heard constantly .....

Please tell me more - I've no idea what you are on about

Your comments regarding those fans that are jumping on the bandwagon by seeing City at Wembley, you then seem not to commit over that song is 'right or wrong' well it does seem that the consensus of those on here that these sort of songs are not needed to say the least, and sung by utter mindless morons.

I fully understand the thing about having a drink before the game with mates/family. The bit I don't get is getting so drunk before kick off that you actually ruin the experience that you paid a lot of money for and put a lot of effort in getting to.

Some lads sat near me must have got up for the toilets 5 or 6 times during the game..........missing around a quarter of the game, and in some cases, the goals.

I was in 109 and apart from keep seeing the same people getting up, it was a decent block, with decent people and a decent view.

Yeh Phantom what the **** are you doing to stop these people singing?

If a mod on OTIB can't stop them singing this vile song 48 hours after they've gone home then what is the point in having internet police.

I've reported you to the authorities.

Now where's my ******* tampon...

Probably smoking it for all the sense you make. 

The way I see this is that stewards are briefed on such a thing, if they were to turn a blind eye to it I guess their jobs would be on the line.

But come on, a few moments taking a photograph and we are being told off and as I said it was 45 mins before the match and no disabled people were inconvenienced. Compare that to people clearing being too drunk to be in the ground, smoking and doing drugs and more than inconveniencing families. I'm spoken too and they aren't? Hardly the same is it.

Probably smoking it for all the sense you make.

Last time there were personal insults being thrown around you started crying your little eyes out so I think for your own mental health you should refrain from going down that route again.

I hope you're getting all the help you need.

Now back to why Phantom shouldn't be a mod because he's not getting drawn in to this pathetic wet discussion.

Unfortunately football has always had this problem but it doesn't make it acceptable.

At the 1909 Cup Final there were complaints from loyal City fans about the behaviour of some drunken glory hunters who were singing vulgar songs about Kaiser Bill's withered arm. Someone complained to the police as it was in the days before stewards but they just joined in. This was doubly upsetting for the complainant because, 1. His request had been ignored and 2. He was Kaiser Bill.

As a result of this humiliating experience Kaiser Bill built up his arms and five years later unleashed them on the triple entente. 

• Admin

Your comments regarding those fans that are jumping on the bandwagon by seeing City at Wembley, you then seem not to commit over that song is 'right or wrong' well it does seem that the consensus of those on here that these sort of songs are not needed to say the least, and sung by utter mindless morons.

Right, I was asking about your comment about "moderating a mod" - what you have written above has no relevance to your statement??

Maybe I read it wrong, but it seemed to imply that you thought my posts should be moderated?

The sad part is these so called supporters are the ones who keep a lot of fans away.They are so stupid they cant see the damage they do to the team they so say support.Booze plays a big part of there gang bravado.Bullies in the extreme and they think everyone should be like them.Thank goodness for the 99.9%of city fans who really do support city and find this behaviour by these small minded idiots intolerable.

The sad part is these so called supporters are the ones who keep a lot of fans away.They are so stupid they cant see the damage they do to the team they so say support.Booze plays a big part of there gang bravado.Bullies in the extreme and they think everyone should be like them.Thank goodness for the 99.9%of city fans who really do support city and find this behaviour by these small minded idiots intolerable.

I would like to think that these morons that ruined the day for others and sing about a woman that was murdered are not part of our regular fantastic support we have.

well it does seem that the consensus of those on here that these sort of songs are not needed to say the least, and sung by utter mindless morons.

What's that got to do with the Moderators though?

I thought their role on here was to keep an eye on threads and act on anything inappropriate like personal abuse, not blindly agree with everything that you and others think?

Unless you're a part of it you'll never understand. They are as much supporters of Bristol City as anyone else, how dare you suggest otherwise! They wear better shoes than you, it's just a culture that is obviously beyond you. Who else is going to defend our mighty clubs honour when the boys from MK or wherever invade the East End? You part time family supporters make me sick, go and support the gas and leave City to the true fans that are prepared to stand up and be counted when the chips are down. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Archived