IGNORED

Idiots

cityinblackburn

I go to plenty of away games cheers. Just thought I would point out the behaviour of a minority of fans on a Bristol City fans forum. No hissy, no fit. But amazed at how many people saying that's football, accept it.

The initial post asked for these 'fans' to defend their actions and so far not one has taken that up. Says a lot I guess.

I can't say I've seen any sign of a "hissy fit" in your posts. To be fair we shouldn't just "accept" this kind of behaviour from these utter morons but at the same time it's also well worth discussing on here.

I have been to 90% of away games this season and it doesn't happen all the time but you do, as every club does, get plenty of idiots.

50 in my case and I've never heard the Jill Dando song. Must be a small group of nutters.

Been going since 85 home and occasionally away and heard it on occasion every season..specially in the EE. Dont understand why why such a stupid song is still sung, but its part of the culture

Was in 113 and not many issues there..the singing was kin awful cos the singers, one old bloke in particular, were ****** ratarsed...couldnt sing in time, let alone the same words :laughcont:

The old guy could barely stand up, and three guys in front of him missed the first 20 mins sleeping off the beer. Swearing was nowt remarkable, certainly no worse than usual...most people even sat down except when owt exciting happened.

like other posters couldnt beleive how many old ******s were as the Jocks put it "Hinging oot their arse"....never seen as much of that in all the years of following City

Theres always gonna be a clash of culture somwhere like Wembley between the nawty boys and the ordinary fan...the intolerance though seems to be new..its been mentioned on recent threads of league games.

Just cos ya dont shout, holler swear, wear the right gear, get pissed and hoover charlie doesnt make you any less or more of a fan. Just different to the other group. Just get on with enjoying the game ffs.

Its a "family food pub" which is unfortunately full drugs. Well use to be stopped going in there about 2 years ago. Couldn't bare it..

Didn't know that. Admittedly not been in there for a while myself though.

Shame, used to be a nice boozer for a quiet night with Mrs 54-46 followed by a treat from Oscars - kebab for me, small pizza for the better half. Country's gone to dog sh1t.

In my younger days we all used to meet up, do a pub crawl to the ground, normally have one to many,sing our hearts out,do some stupid things and yes probably be a bit obnoxious, it was all part of football and still occasionally do the same now. But getting older now and boy those hangovers last a bit longer.

But we would never pick on fellow BCFC fans and certainly never pick on families or older members of society, if any in our group did they would soon get slapped down.

Football is about having a good day out with your mates,supporting your team.

There will all ways be some T**** about, its up to fellow supporters to stop it happening .

Been going since 85 home and occasionally away and heard it on occasion every season..specially in the EE. Dont understand why why such a stupid song is still sung, but its part of the culture

I'm not sure "part of the culture" defends anything though.  Not so long ago, racism and hooliganism were part of the culture (I don't mean specifically for us - in football in general).  It doesn't make either of those things okay.  Something being "part of the culture" doesn't in itself mean people have to accept it. 

Getting drunk, singing and chanting are all fine but nobody should be making fellow supporters feel uncomfortable at a football match.  There's absolutely zero excuse for the behaviour described in the original post.

In my younger days we all used to meet up, do a pub crawl to the ground, normally have one to many,sing our hearts out,do some stupid things and yes probably be a bit obnoxious, it was all part of football and still occasionally do the same now. But getting older now and boy those hangovers last a bit longer.

But we would never pick on fellow BCFC fans and certainly never pick on families or older members of society, if any in our group did they would soon get slapped down.

Football is about having a good day out with your mates,supporting your team.

There will all ways be some T**** about, its up to fellow supporters to stop it happening .

I sort of understand your sentiments, but shouldn't it be up to the Individuals and not fellow supporters to sort themselves out?

We seem to have turned into a blame culture...it's either the schools, Government or Clubs fault...if you get my drift.

Society doesn't want to stand up and be counted...Social skills start in the home.

From my experience, it's far more prevalent in this Country... We as a Nation just can't take our drink without turning into a T wat it seems.

I've sat in many a foreign ground where people have been pished, but far fewer act like idiots. Especially Germany...

It's just a shame certain dregs of society attach themselves to football imo.

I sort of understand your sentiments, but shouldn't it be up to the Individuals and not fellow supporters to sort themselves out?

We seem to have turned into a blame culture...it's either the schools, Government or Clubs fault...if you get my drift.

Society doesn't want to stand up and be counted...Social skills start in the home.

From my experience, it's far more prevalent in this Country... We as a Nation just can't take our drink without turning into a T wat it seems.

I've sat in many a foreign ground where people have been pished, but far fewer act like idiots. Especially Germany...

It's just a shame certain dregs of society attach themselves to football imo.

Exactly.  Generally speaking, alcohol doesn't "make anyone" do anything.  It just brings out, exacerbates and exaggerates personality traits that are already there.  

I can think of plenty of times when I've been absolutely wrecked but that's never made me behave in the way these idiots have.  Alcohol might have contributed to them doing it but I suspect these are people who are already pretty unpleasant people when they're sober. 

Drink related public disorders are a blight on this Country, it seems we cannot take ourselves and our kids to an occasion like Sunday that should have been a pleasant experience without having to put up with drunken idiots.

Considering there was no rivalry between the fans, or history I guess these morons had to pick on their own fans, what a cowardly lot you are?

Stay a way from our club, if you need to prove just how hard you are, go join the military, if they would have you, you would soon

have toe the line, bunch of wasters.

I was sat about 6 seats from these idiots , I too was disgusted by the content of their songs , after about ten minutes of the Dando song ,I shouted at them to shut up ...they did stop that song for a while ....... I was not with children , but I did wonder why nobody else said anything to them !!

I also texted the number on the ticket .... Nothing happened .... So at half time I approached a senior steward and she was very keen to listen to me and assured me they would be dealt with ....second half .....one steward approached them ... They took the piss out of him while he was talking to them , and carried on as soon as turned to walk away .... So as far as I'm concerned the so called stewards at Wembley basically could not give a monkeys about anything that involves a confrontation ... If I was only 30 yrs younger ..........

Drink related public disorders are a blight on this Country, it seems we cannot take ourselves and our kids to an occasion like Sunday that should have been a pleasant experience without having to put up with drunken idiots.

Considering there was no rivalry between the fans, or history I guess these morons had to pick on their own fans, what a cowardly lot you are?

Stay a way from our club, if you need to prove just how hard you are, go join the military, if they would have you, you would soon

have toe the line, bunch of wasters.

I'd personally like to see us adopt the Polish/Russian tradition of 'forrest fights'; let's see how many of the ******s show up then!

Morons, idiots, knuckle draggers, scum, dregs of society ....

Really? So the response to a antisocial behaviour is online abuse. Odd

What would you expect people to call them?

Heroes? Lovable rogues? Jesters extraordinaire?

We're talking about people acting obnoxiously in a public area. It's not just a football problem, but for some supporters on Sunday, it unfortunately became a problem at football.

I also have had one or two drinks too many on occasion. But I've never really lost control. I might be a bit loud and swear more readily than usual but I've always been aware of those around me, and known where the decency line lay.

I've also never been to a game I don't remember.

The problem on sunday was that to quite a few, it was treated more like a stag do, and no doubt hyped as such amongst friends, which explains the high attendance bloated by the party crowd. I think they got so carried away they literally forgot where they were.Nothing was going to get in the way of their expensive ' big day out'.

It reminded me of blackpool, where you have a bizarre mix in the middle of the day consisting of young families sharing pavements, beaches, trams etc with people staggering about slurring, vomiting and shouting as if it were 2 am outside the hippodrome.

To a smaller extent it was like at Crawley.. a few guys were taking some chants too far with the steward  at the front of the stand.

It is uncomfortable for people to listen to and kind of ruins the atmos, because people won get involved in that chanting, however when it was all City related songs and everything we sing at the opposition it was great.

Its a minority of people but can have a big impact on the majority.

Morons, idiots, knuckle draggers, scum, dregs of society ....

Really? So the response to a antisocial behaviour is online abuse. Odd

No, it shines a light on those morons that want to skulk away like a salted snail after the mayhem they cause. Besides are you thinking that those on here are wrong to challenge the scum that blight this club and the streets that the rest of us can't use because of the carnage they cause at weekends?

Good if they are shamed, perhaps then those that stay away from the Gate might feel they have a say in stopping this minority that spoil it for many.

Do you agree?

Aside of the rights and wrongs ( I am no angel but am in the having respect for others camp on this ) I feel the mistake is that designated areas are not given for more raucous fans to congregate, allowing others to be free from it. It is something I think the club need to consider with the on going rebuild next year. I know they are thinking hard about it and have brought the Atyeo end suggestion to the table. Back to topic though. I went to crystals pre match as I wanted to be part of a sing song and also a few high jinx maybe, but couldn't sit next to my muckers for the game itself due to the ticket allocation system. The ticket process did not help and clearly exuberant fans ( change word for one of your choice) were put next to fans who wished to support by other means. For me its paramount that events like Wembley and all home games an area is given for ... ( nearly said Ultras ) ;-) exuberant fans. For away matches it may also be appropriate to attempt divying up the tickets in some way. Personally I don't think I would like the song about Jill Dando either but do not know it tbh.

No, it shines a light on those morons that want to skulk away like a salted snail after the mayhem they cause. Besides are you thinking that those on here are wrong to challenge the scum that blight this club and the streets that the rest of us can't use because of the carnage they cause at weekends?

Good if they are shamed, perhaps then those that stay away from the Gate might feel they have a say in stopping this minority that spoil it for many.

Do you agree?

Mayhem!/carnage! Wow - there's nothing like a bit of sensationalism.

Report people to the police /club if you have evidence of anti social behaviour or disorder

Mayhem!/carnage! Wow - there's nothing like a bit of sensationalism.

Report people to the police /club if you have evidence of anti social behaviour or disorder

Actually my sons were set upon for being in the wrong pub in February. Literally thrown out with one suffering concussion head wounds, and a broken front tooth. The police did nothing and will do nothing, they are so scared they might have to do a report or actual detective work.

That's why the streets are 'owned' by the louts.

I hate Boozed Up Britain culture, I have had my fare share of pub crawls etc, but never did I or my mates act like the thugs that seem to be the norm at the moment.

Archived