IGNORED

Season Ticket Purchases

TETBURY MASSIVE

Basketball club more important than people who travel far and wide cheering on the team?

Ok right you are.

Interesting view.

Aussie, I was mostly joking! But seriously, get a bloody membership card and stop playing the under valued super fan!

If you are getting those figures from the seating plan I am not sure how much I would trust them, They seemed to fluctuate each time I returned to the plan, sometimes up and sometimes down. I am also confused as to how 1 seat can be sold on it's own in the family area as the plan seemed to show? I thought they had to be tickets with parents and kids together? if that is the case then that part of the stand will never be full as there are always going to be odd seats in rows surely?

I believe the numbers will generally go down as people add them to their basket and ultimately buy them. However the numbers may go back up if they are added to the basket but then not purchased in time. I've seen this happen several times for popular gigs - one moment it appears all tickets are sold and then extra start appearing.

In terms of single seats in the family it does seem strange, maybe people are buying them without kids?

I'm not going to get one.

No doubt next season again basketball club supporters will get priority over people like me who go to 30+ games...

Making the assumption of only including league games, but if you attend 30+ games in a season, then you clearly attend 7+ home matches.

May be alone in this, but I am curious as to what non-financial factors trump the decision to not get a membership, turn a profit after 5 games, and also share the same 2nd tier priority with all of the basketball fans you appear to have disdain for.

Basketball club more important than people who travel far and wide cheering on the team?

Ok right you are.

Interesting view.

Just out of interest Aussie how many 'basketball fans' do you know who attended home games? Seeing as you are aware that it is such a problem - and not just a hypothetical one for sensationalism - I'm interested to know.

If you want to switch basketball to rugby, cool. Again, anyone have a firm grasp on numbers? Have you asked the club what the numbers are? Have you asked the club to carry out some review because you think it may be unfair? I'm asking because to my knowledge not one game has sold out, or significant numbers sold during the forever bristol membership priority period. Even if it did, you can't blame that on 'the others' because a lot of BCFC fans who didn't have season tickets stumped up for membership. You chose not not, you (seemingly) are choosing not to and by making that choice you know where you fall in the pecking order.

Don't like it, you have a simple option - pay up. If the membership scheme cost significantly I would absolutely stand your corner, but it doesn't cost much and if you don't value the priority period enough to pay for it bore off.

Just out of interest Aussie how many 'basketball fans' do you know who attended home games? Seeing as you are aware that it is such a problem - and not just a hypothetical one for sensationalism - I'm interested to know.

If you want to switch basketball to rugby, cool. Again, anyone have a firm grasp on numbers? Have you asked the club what the numbers are? Have you asked the club to carry out some review because you think it may be unfair? I'm asking because to my knowledge not one game has sold out, or significant numbers sold during the forever bristol membership priority period. Even if it did, you can't blame that on 'the others' because a lot of BCFC fans who didn't have season tickets stumped up for membership. You chose not not, you (seemingly) are choosing not to and by making that choice you know where you fall in the pecking order.

Don't like it, you have a simple option - pay up. If the membership scheme cost significantly I would absolutely stand your corner, but it doesn't cost much and if you don't value the priority period enough to pay for it bore off.

This, well said. :chant6ez:

Does anyone know what will happen to all the ST holders in the Atyeo the season after next when the away fans will have all of it?

If the south stand is a sellout with ST holders already its highly unlikely there will be room for them all in there.

I highly doubt they will have all of the Atyeo unless our tunnel moves.

Especially if Cotterill is still here.

There will be the new Williams though...

Does anyone know what will happen to all the ST holders in the Atyeo the season after next when the away fans will have all of it?

If the south stand is a sellout with ST holders already its highly unlikely there will be room for them all in there.

You can have my seat, I'll be back in the Williams

Making the assumption of only including league games, but if you attend 30+ games in a season, then you clearly attend 7+ home matches.

May be alone in this, but I am curious as to what non-financial factors trump the decision to not get a membership, turn a profit after 5 games, and also share the same 2nd tier priority with all of the basketball fans you appear to have disdain for.

There is no need to start playing the logic card here. Not when it comes to the emotive issue of tickets and fan status.

It is time we made a stand against the bloodsucking leeches with either lumpy ears or huge feet who cross the divide from rugby and basketball and who hoover up all our football tickets.

Both Bristol Rugby and Bristol Flyers are going into playoff games in the coming days and weeks. I fully intend to buy as many tickets as I can on my football ST priority to deprive them of seats. And then not go.

See how they like it eh.

Who's in?

Just like this season they will be moved, just like last season where the STs in the left hand side had to move to accommodate away fans.

It would not surprise me to see the club announce the centre blocks of the South stand as unreserved the season after next when the Williams is in use.

There is no need to start playing the logic card here. Not when it comes to the emotive issue of tickets and fan status.

It is time we made a stand against the bloodsucking leeches with either lumpy ears or huge feet who cross the divide from rugby and basketball and who hoover up all our football tickets.

Both Bristol Rugby and Bristol Flyers are going into playoff games in the coming days and weeks. I fully intend to buy as many tickets as I can on my football ST priority to deprive them of seats. And then not go.

See how they like it eh.

Who's in?

Might go one better, get ticket and go to the games but make it clear to the regulars that I known my sport by making loud and useful comments like;

'The Flyers should try and sign that Michael Jackson next year, he's the best basketballer in the world, his Jordan range of shoes means he doesn't need money from Thriller anymore'.

Might go one better, get ticket and go to the games but make it clear to the regulars that I known my sport by making loud and useful comments like;

'The Flyers should try and sign that Michael Jackson next year, he's the best basketballer in the world, his Jordan range of shoes means he doesn't need money from Thriller anymore'.

A work of art.

End of (working) day update, with the 'I've been trying all day on my shitty work computer to try and buy a season ticket so will have another go when I get home' group still to come..

Atyeo -  0 (12 in disabled area)
Dolman - 1284
Family corner - 101
Wedlock/South Stand - 0
Total - 1397

This is based on what's currently showing available online.

Based on the assumption that every seat in AG was available to select for a season ticket, If a season ticket cap IS in place (which you would presume there would be) there are certainly going to be very few single match tickets available next season, and those will ALL be in the Dolman/Family corner.

Just like this season they will be moved, just like last season where the STs in the left hand side had to move to accommodate away fans.

It would not surprise me to see the club announce the centre blocks of the South stand as unreserved the season after next when the Williams is in use.

Would doubt that as people will already have there new seat and really wont want to move,  the club are only forcing the moves currently because of the redevelopment but the season after next the build will be completed so why would they forcibly move people around then.

Same shite different season I guess.

Spend home games battling to get tickets all over the ground.

Travel far and wide to watch the team but miss out of local games because that lot who can't be arsed to go more than 30 miles will Hoover up the tickets in priority.

Then find myself behind basketball club members for some games which really is truly unbelievable.

The current system is utterly rubbish and has got worse.

or.... get the membership and manage to get into most of the games (ok, a few went to STH only) and make an overall saving while you're at it. Why are you being so ideological about this?

Would doubt that as people will already have there new seat and really wont want to move,  the club are only forcing the moves currently because of the redevelopment but the season after next the build will be completed so why would they forcibly move people around then.

So they can create a singing area, considered to be required by the manager.

Unless the singers are invited to go into the two blocks that are not being sold to joe public.

With the changing rooms in the williams there will be no need to have home fans around the old tunnel, and it will be easy to police the Atyeo if all of it is given over to away fans.

So they can create a singing area, considered to be required by the manager.

Unless the singers are invited to go into the two blocks that are not being sold to joe public.

With the changing rooms in the williams there will be no need to have home fans around the old tunnel, and it will be easy to police the Atyeo if all of it is given over to away fans.

Yeah that makes good sense , didn't think of that. All the corp types will go back to Williams freeing up the reserved sections.

• Admin

End of (working) day update, with the 'I've been trying all day on my shitty work computer to try and buy a season ticket so will have another go when I get home' group still to come..

Atyeo -  0 (12 in disabled area)

Dolman - 1284

Family corner - 101

Wedlock/South Stand - 0

Total - 1397

This is based on what's currently showing available online.

Based on the assumption that every seat in AG was available to select for a season ticket, If a season ticket cap IS in place (which you would presume there would be) there are certainly going to be very few single match tickets available next season, and those will ALL be in the Dolman/Family corner.

I suspect not all available seats in the Atyeo will have been put up for sale yet as it is unreserved seating people won't have needed to actually buy a specific seat.

Plus whilst some corporate seating may be sold to current Premier Seating season ticket holders, a few hundred will be held back for hospitality/directors etc that will still form part of the 15000 home attendees.

I think now we will reach 12500 so anyone wavering should make their decision pretty quickly, let's just hope we do well enough next season to flog a fair amount of POTD tickets.

I suspect not all available seats in the Atyeo will have been put up for sale yet as it is unreserved seating people won't have needed to actually buy a specific seat.

Plus whilst some corporate seating may be sold to current Premier Seating season ticket holders, a few hundred will be held back for hospitality/directors etc that will still form part of the 15000 home attendees.

I think now we will reach 12500 so anyone wavering should make their decision pretty quickly, let's just hope we do well enough next season to flog a fair amount of POTD tickets.

Although unreserved, you still have to choose a seat when purchasing,

Archived