IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

He's looking to get out on loan, when he asked Slade the amount of playing time he would be getting next season he replied 'not mutch'. I'm here all day

Why's he asking the Cardiff manager?

Surely he should be asking Pardew....

Looking at the " Harry List"- I'm not entirely sure of what first choices may actually remain....

mind you, I still believe that we'll make some great quality signings - it's just difficult to see where from and when at present.

I've looked at the list too, a good few of the players have gone to lower league teams and some to places like QPR, that alone makes me think the list is not a barometer of who THE CLUB want, nothing more than a stab in the dark or reflection of who the compiler of the list would like to see or at worst an in depth look at computer game databases etc.

Maybe it's best for us all to stop wildly guessing and wait for the magement team to do there job, which I'm sure they are hard at it as we speak, that's not meant to be a dig at you mmr or the guy who compiled the list, nobody knows anything about potential signings on here, it's all wild speculation and as was show in the Methab (sp) a few years ago, I'm not believing anything until I see the bloke in a city shirt having his pic taken with the manager.

Good things come to those that wait.

I've looked at the list too, a good few of the players have gone to lower league teams and some to places like QPR, that alone makes me think the list is not a barometer of who THE CLUB want, nothing more than a stab in the dark or reflection of who the compiler of the list would like to see or at worst an in depth look at computer game databases etc.

Maybe it's best for us all to stop wildly guessing and wait for the magement team to do there job, which I'm sure they are hard at it as we speak, that's not meant to be a dig at you mmr or the guy who compiled the list, nobody knows anything about potential signings on here, it's all wild speculation and as was show in the Methab (sp) a few years ago, I'm not believing anything until I see the bloke in a city shirt having his pic taken with the manager.

Didn't metab get as far as pulling on a shirt and having his photo taken.....?

Recent history as in the last 5 years,

So yes currently we are bigger then Coventry, we have better players been higher in the league won more trophys and have better attendances,

That may well change in the future, but in the future we could be pushing for champions league football and won 5 fa cups.......

There is no point in harping on about past glorys it's about where you are going not where you have been otherwise under your criteria Bradford park avenue are a bigger club then us

Now, they were a big club.

They had a large pitch, as well - the largest in the league at the time.

I still think we should be going for topend league 1 players who could step up, ie Bradley Dack, rather than premier league 'big shots' who think they should command obscene amounts of money, Brentford, Bournemouth and even Wolves have applied that strategy successfully recently. Of course these rumours could be absoloute bull, and we may be about to sign 3-4 top quality championship players... either way I would rather have players here who really want to be.

Hey Yorkie.  The list of players which I mentioned on Page 65 is a mere drop in the ocean my man.  I initially used this thread to highlight a longer list of players whom I myself like.  As you say in your post, the list is entirely a reflection of the compiler of the list, and I have mentioned that in no way do I expect us to be in for any, some or all of these players.  It's just a time of year I take great interest in, and I am not wildly guessing what the management team are thinking, this is merely a list of players whom I know of, who I'd like to see as potential targets.  And, as stated in my post below, the "computer game database" comment is one I think is below the belt, condsidering I spend an awful lot of my time doing my own scouting and research on these players and not a single piece of info comes from that source.

Anyway, in case you missed it, below is the post I made on Page 8 of this thread back on 19th May!  A fair few of these are now gone, many others still available.  Whether we are actually in for any of them though is whole other matter.  It's al just a bit of fun speculation, as the thread is designed.

Oh, and the comment you make regarding some of these players going to League 1 sides, that's not to say they couldn't do a decent job at Champ level, even as backup, and certainly all of those who have moved to L1 sides could have been good investments for us, as they are still young enough to improve and are much more affordable than your likes of Maguire & Lees.

Here goes then.  This is a list of players that would be in my database.  I'd be happy if City sign any of these, but of course, they may well have a completely different list of targets.  Just so you know, this is a list of players whom myself and a close group of mates have either watched in person or whom we have very close links to (whether that be other players, managers, agents, fellow scouts, various other contacts within the game), so the usual dull drones of 'played football manager lately' do not apply (although I do anticipate this anyway, ha ha).  Suffice to say, each one of these has been researched by me or my scouting team, so they're not plucked out of the air.

Just to caveat this - I do not expect City to sign all, some, any or none of these, but this is my current database of what I think are in most cases realistic and feasible targets, whether permanent or loan.  Not all would 1st team starters immediately, some would start now, others maybe u21's for a while, some are a long-shot.  There are plenty more on my database who are currently not available in any possible way.

Goalkeepers

Lee Nicholls - 22 - Wigan

Christian Walton - 19 - Brighton

Christy Pym - 20 - Exeter

Daniel Bentley - 21 - Southend

Matt Ingram - 21 - Wycombe

Jordan Pickford - 20 - Sunderland

Daniel Nizic - 20 - Burnley

Sam Johnstone - 21 - Preston

Jack Rose - 19 - West Brom

Ted Smith - 19 - Southend

Defenders

Baily Cargill - 19 - Bournemouth - CB/LB

James Tavernier - 23 - Wigan - RB

Alfie Mawson - 21 - Brentford - CB

Jack O'Connell - 21 - Brentford - CB

Matt Connelly - 27 - Cardiff - CB

Tom Clarke - 27 - Preston - CB

Tendayi Darikwa - 23 - Chesterfield - RWB

John Egan - 22 - Gillingham - CB

Ben Purrington - 18 - Plymouth - LB

Curtis Nelson - 21 - Plymouth - CB

Regan Poole - 16 - Newport - CB

Jordan Moore-Taylor - 21 - Exeter - CB

Adam Webster - 20 - Portsmouth - CB

Brad Potts - 21 - Carlisle - RWB

Josh Meekings - 22 - Inverness - CB

Midfielders

Eunan O'Kane - 24 - Bournemouth - AM/LW/RW

Emerson Hyndman - 19 - Fulham - AM

Adam Forshaw - 23 - Middlesbrough - CM

Jacob Murphy - 20 - Norwich - AM

John O'Sullivan - 19 - Blackburn - AM/LW

Connor Mahoney - 18 - Blackburn - LW

Luke O'Nien - 20 - Watford - CM

Chris McCann - 27 - Wigan - CM

Jordan Cousins - 21 - Charlton - CM

Lee Evans - 20 - Wolves - CM

Michael Jacobs - 23 - Wolves - LW

Lewis MacLeod - 20 - Brentford - CM/LW

James Wallace - 23 - Sheff Utd - CM

Gboly Ariyibi - 20 - Chesterfield - AM/RW

Jamie Allen - 20 - Rochdale - AM

Joel Logan - 20 - Rochdale - AM

Joe Newell - 22 - Peterborough - LM

Nick Haughton - 20 - Fleetwood - AM

Bradley Dack - 21 - Gillingham - AM

Harry Forrester - 24 - Doncaster - AM

James Maddison - 18 - Coventry - CM

Tom Lapslie - 19 - Colchester - CM

Ryan Woods - 21 - Shrewsbury - CM

Danny Mayor - 24 - Bury - LW

Ben Kennedy - 18 - Stevenage - RW/AM

Jake Howells - 24 - Luton - LW/LWB

Jack Thomas - 18 - Mansfield - CM

Jed Wallace - 21 - Portsmouth - AM/RW

Josh Windass - 21 - Accrington - AM

Kyle Dempsey - 19 - Carlisle - AM

Brad Walker - 19 - Hartlepool - CM

Zack Kotwica - 20 - Cheltenham - LW

Ryan Christie - 20 - Inverness - AM

Michael Duffy - 20 - Celtic - AM/LW

Strikers

Dominic Samuel - 21 - Reading

Fred Onyedinma - 18 - Millwall

Stevie May - 22 - Sheff Weds

Jamie Mackie - 29 - Forest

Uche Ikpeazu - 20 - Watford

Michael Smith - 23 - Swindon

Luke James - 20 - Peterborough

Tom Bradshaw - 22 - Walsall

Hakeeb Adelakun - 18 - S****horpe

Tom Nicholls - 21 - Exeter

Jack Redshaw - 24 - Morecambe

Ivan Toney - 19 - Northampton

Jason Cummings - 19 - HIbs

The following are current Premiership players whom I'd enquire about the possibility of a season-long loan (which would be much more likely now we are a Championship club) :

Dominic Solanke - 17 - Chelsea - ST

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 19 - Chelsea - CM

Jordy Hiwula - 20 - Man City - ST

Will Keane - 22- Man Utd - ST

Jordan Rossiter - 18 - Liverpool - CM

Sheyi Ojo - 18 - Liverpool - ST

Jerome Sinclair - 18 - Liverpool - ST

Lloyd Jones - 19 - Liverpool - CB

Shaq Coulthirst - 20 - Spurs - ST

Harrison Reed - 20 - Southampton - CB

Sam Gallagher - 19 - Southampton - ST

Jack Stephens - 21 - Southampton - CB

Matt Grimes - 19 - Swansea - CM

Jay Fulton - 21 - Swansea - CM

Ryan Hedges - 19 - Swansea - ST

Rory Donnelly - 23 - Swansea - ST

Ollie Shenton - 17 - Stoke - CM

George Waring - 20 - Stoke - ST

Julian N'Goy - 18 - Stoke - ST

Conor McAleny - 22 - Everton - ST

Chris Wood - 23 - Leicester - ST

Duncan Watmore - 21 - Sunderland - ST/RW

Adam Armstrong - 18 - Newcastle - ST

So, of all those, if I had the choice I'd go for Lee Nicholls (GK), Alfie Mawson (CB), Curtis Nelson (CB), Lee Evans (CM), Jed Wallace (AM), Ryan Christie (AM), Dominic Samuel (ST), Tom Nicholls (ST).

And of the loan list any of Jordan Rossiter, Matt Grimes, Sam Gallagher, George Waring, Jordy Hiwula.

If its the same game i'm thinking of we had Wilson in charge, they also had trundle; we somehow managed to scrape a 1-1 to extra time and then got a 4-1 win! I've never seen such a one sided game with the team on top losing so heavily.

The one I'm thinking of was later than that, roughly 2009? Think Swansea beat us 0-2, think Pratley got one of the goals. They just kept the ball like Ajax did in that friendly. One of the best performances I've seen at Ashton Gate

Archived