IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

From Mark Johnson at ESPN (no idea how credible)

@MarkJohnsonESPN: Jesse Lingard in talks with several clubs, not only Bristol City. Told he wont be a first team player this season. Will leave #mufc

this is not going to end well...

From Mark Johnson at ESPN (no idea how credible)

@MarkJohnsonESPN: Jesse Lingard in talks with several clubs, not only Bristol City. Told he wont be a first team player this season. Will leave #mufc

Its certainly got the hint of us trying to do a deal on the quiet, getting the OK from Man U and the agent dropping it to the media to generate interest.

Sad but thats the modern game, everyone out to get as much of a share as possible.

this is not going to end well...

To be fair did you ever think we were likely to be the only one of 92 FL clubs interested in a really bright prospect?

Money talks and if we're prepared to pay him what he wants and give him first team football it's not a dead deal just because we're not the only interested party.

This is beginning to sound as though we've been set up as the fall guys to drum up extra interest

That was my assumption as soon as the story broke last night TBH. Just being used to get a better deal for his player.

He seems like an ideal target yet also someone who you would expect to join a bigger club. It would tie in with Cotts statement about doing a lot of our business in August - just waiting for the Prem clubs to sort there squads out.

Perhaps a majority of our targets are young Prem players?

daily mail reporting Newcastle are going sign him instead

We need to hope that he values playing every week as priority, ahead of staying in the Prem.

I guess it all depends how level headed he is.

A season excelling with is will earn him a move to a more stable premiership club than Newcastle, although you can see the appeal that Newcastle would offer.

I guess a lot depends on his relationship with Mclaren.

I think we are just going to miss out on this one, but I'm delighted that it's the calibre of player that we are seriously chasing.

HARRY - WHERE ARE YOU!?

Hey Woodsy. I'm still here, don't fear.

All I can confirm on this one is that Lingard is NOT the marmite player.

Oh, and my daughter is also called Jesse, so if he signs I know what name I'll be getting on her shirt.

Aside from that, I've heard nothing on this one. Sorry.

We need to hope that he values playing every week as priority, ahead of staying in the Prem.

A season excelling with is will earn him a move to a more stable premiership club than Newcastle, although you can see the appeal that Newcastle would offer.

I think we are just going to miss out on this one, but I'm delighted that it's the calibre of player that we are seriously chasing.

Exactly.  I hope that SC does have viable Plan B targets if the Linegaards of this world don't come but we've got 4 weeks of the transfer window to go and this sort of move suggests we're not panicking and continuing to try to get the best players possible. Let's hope that continues, even if this particular move does not come off.

If Kadjia's signing is anything to go by, then our approach is to keep things under wraps until the deal is done and dusted.

It did worry me from the outset that the first news of this was in the sun and then on the BBC gossip page. If the news is correct that Lingard has been told he will not feature in Man Us first team then he will be looking for a move, and the best move he can get. In such circumstances it would be of little surprise of his agent has got the rumour out in the media as quickly as possible to stimulate interest from as many clubs as possible so as to drive up the price and thereby the agents fee.

Having said all of that, if there is an outside chance we could clinch this deal then it's worth keeping fingers crossed.

It's great, but at some point we need to chase players who will actually sign for us

I'm certainly beginning to believe that it's a possibility and we have made the approach. Whether we can beat off the undoubted competition for him is a lot more doubtful.

If this happens then I will be ecstatic and it will really show that we mean business. The intent would undoubtably attract other targets that are waiting on making their decision.

I'm not beating anyone off for this signing. Well maybe myself if it happens...

I have squandered my resistance,

for a pocketful of mumbles..

Such are promises, all lies and jest,

Still a man hears what he wants to hear..

& .... Disregards The Rest. La la la...

Shock horror, other clubs interested? Newcastle etc...

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme - we could very well be stuffed on this one doncha think?

Archived