IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

Be interesting to see the reaction of those who have been dismissing this as complete BS if it does happen!

I'll be over the moon- I'm not saying it won't happen... Just probably not.

Maybe 30 odd years of supporting City has made me too pessimistic, but I refuse to believe anything until it is officially announced!

Maybe 30 odd years of supporting City has made me too pessimistic, but I refuse to believe anything until it is officially announced!

Totally, I take everything I read with a pinch of salt until anything official comes out! But there's always an element of people when these threads come up who's only contribution is 'not happening' or some such....like they have the slightest clue about what goes on behind the scenes and who we are and aren't in for!

It's DEFINITELY going to happen .

Why ? - well I'm having a rubbish day at work and this rumour has made my day .... so I am going to believe it is true.

However ... as a long suffering City fan I am tempering my excitement by not telling anyone, so I don't look foolish should it not happen

You posted that it was a done deal.

I responded 'no offence mate but...' before asking why we should believe your post (perfectly reasonable isn't it?).

I was actually hoping you would respond with something that would give me hope that this is genuine. You didn't.

What would you like me to say ???

I know someone that knows someone who has said its a done deal.

If I'd have said I know someone who says it's a done deal you'd have asked the same questions for which I cannot answer.

Maybe you should get some football friends who can give you some info so that we can all ask you. Eh?

Well this has blown my mind box.

How does this work?!?!

Different.... Together.... My head hurts  :ill:

'They went to different schools together' :- My Dad used to say that to me and threw in 'you got your fords wuddled son' .. had me bamboozled for years walking around the house scratching my head until i was at least 9. Now I am wondering what part of the country it emanated from.

Anyway, try 'The Jaggerz', maybe they can help you.

You posted that it was a done deal.

I responded 'no offence mate but...' before asking why we should believe your post (perfectly reasonable isn't it?).

I was actually hoping you would respond with something that would give me hope that this is genuine. You didn't.

If I'd have said I know someone who says it's a done deal you'd have asked the same questions for which I cannot answer.

Maybe you should get some football friends who can give you some info so that we can all ask you. Eh?

With all respect Pete..as others have said, particularly those who have been ballsy or decent enough to release some info they know, we do not have to believe anything.

In the event life were so simple that people released the entire picture of confidential information then firstly that would be darn boring and secondly it likely would only ever happen once; because after which that source would be gone. Its quite simple to comprehend really. Take the info on good faith or forget it without having to question someone for not releasing further detail.

I hope he's absolutely right and that we have struck a deal.

I think if you're going to put one of these little nuggets of info on a forum you should be prepared for someone to ask "why should we believe you?"

Thought it was your son's friend?

Perhaps you should get your own friends and learn how to converse in a mature and adult way?

Don't recall it ever being said that he thought he could still play for England and us. Don't think that was ever reality. Lots was said about how he wanted to move back the West Country etc. that was the reasoning.

Maybe you're right that DJ was more far fetched but the point I'm trying to make is that I can't see any logic in Lingard joining us whereas there was a little bit with the whole DJ thing. Can you see any reason why Lingard would want to join us?

I believe at Derby he was used as back up so guaranteed first team football could be a potential reason?

There was a tweet from a BCFC account that we signed him on a 2 year deal but the link didn't work.

I'm not savvy enough to post that pic here or to know if it was an official Bristol City Twitter

It was a fake link from someone who made their account look like the official one.

I don't need to. I'm not ITK, don't particularly crave being ITK and you've said it's a done deal so smiles all round.

Like I said to Havanatopia, I really hope you are genuine, sorry you couldn't accept being questioned about your first post and I'm sorry for being sceptical.

Yep- I suspect that's the case for all of us who have endured 30-40 years of underwhelming, baffling transfers and mediocre league performance. Best wait and see. Fingers crossed though.

the word 'maybe'

Archived