IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

• Admin

Probably b.s, if there was to be a major signing, Adam Baker I assumed would be ITK, and would have leaked something.

But why have we been linked with the player from the off perhaps it's a done deal?

Why on Earth would Adam Baker risk his job & leak something???

Probably b.s, if there was to be a major signing, Adam Baker I assumed would be ITK, and would have leaked something.

But why have we been linked with the player from the off perhaps it's a done deal?

All it takes is one credible source (I use the word credible loosely)....to pick up on a BS rumour, and before you know it, its spread like wild fire.

This kid is not going to be coming to us. There will be clubs far bigger then us in for him, plus....his wages will be to high.

We may have had the chance of getting him on loan....but permanent, no chance

All it takes is one credible source (I use the word credible loosely)....to pick up on a BS rumour, and before you know it, its spread like wild fire.

This kid is not going to be coming to us. There will be clubs far bigger then us in for him, plus....his wages will be to high.

We may have had the chance of getting him on loan....but permanent, no chance

So we're signing no one then ?

Baker said the sum total of nothing before Kodjia signed, so unsure of the logic at work here.

I'm sorry, but this is more far fetched and unlikely than when the David James thread started. Certainly when that all came about there were some reasons that we could think of to explain why DJ may decide to come to us, but are there any reasons why Jesse Lingard would come to us? Nope.

He's not just a bog standard Man Utd youngster, he's got a pretty good rep in football so far, has been to some big clubs on loan and has played in the Utd first team. Why on earth would he come here? If indeed Utd have said he could move on I would expect another prem team to take him if not one of the top championship teams. Even if he was looking at lesser championship teams why would he choose us? Can't see it. They only thing we can really offer is guaranteed first team football and that isn't much of a USP!

This whole story is nonsense and it's frustrating because as unlikely as it sounds, it's going to get people's hopes up. Pretty unhelpful with 4 days to go and will be underwhelming when we actually sign Konchesky and Leon Best (don't know anything, just speculating!)

Of course I'll be delighted (but in truth amazed) if he signs for us.

With 4 days to go until the season starts now this is symptomatic of our totally flawed transfer strategy this summer in going for players who can attract better wages from bigger clubs elsewhere.

The only guy we've signed didn't come from the domestic market and as others have said is probably on a third of what the top payers in this division offer.

Time for a total change of course for me, let's go back to what made us so successful last season and pick up the right back at Fleetwood (McLaughlin) Egan at Gillingham and Allen at Rochdale.

It would also be logical to look at bringing in a second French player to help Kodjia settle in, as well as buying from a much cheaper market.

This type of targets, just like Maguire and Lees will all chase moves to bigger clubs than us and are simply unrealistic.

I'm sorry, but this is more far fetched and unlikely than when the David James thread started. Certainly when that all came about there were some reasons that we could think of to explain why DJ may decide to come to us, but are there any reasons why Jesse Lingard would come to us? Nope.

He's not just a bog standard Man Utd youngster, he's got a pretty good rep in football so far, has been to some big clubs on loan and has played in the Utd first team. Why on earth would he come here? If indeed Utd have said he could move on I would expect another prem team to take him if not one of the top championship teams. Even if he was looking at lesser championship teams why would he choose us? Can't see it. They only thing we can really offer is guaranteed first team football and that isn't much of a USP!

This whole story is nonsense and it's frustrating because as unlikely as it sounds, it's going to get people's hopes up. Pretty unhelpful with 4 days to go and will be underwhelming when we actually sign Konchesky and Leon Best (don't know anything, just speculating!)

Agree in most part but SC has already stated that he wants to bring in players who would add to our squad, Leon Best and PK hardly fit that mantle, both would be very much back up and arguably below the standard of the two players they'd replace in Cunningham & JET.

I know you weren't saying that it would be those two players but I don't see SC signing such players, IMHO of course.

Edit: just seen this, so you could be correct pal https://mobile.twitter.com/antz180/status/628477555595694080

Agree in most part but SC has already stated that he wants to bring in players who would add to our squad, Leon Best and PK hardly fit that mantle, both would be very much back up and arguably below the standard of the two players they'd replace in Cunningham & JET.

I know you weren't saying that it would be those two players but I don't see SC signing such players, IMHO of course.

I agree totally, especially PK and if I'm honest I don't think we'd sign LB but there's a little worry in me that wonders whether Cotts does actually rate him or similar players to that. After all, Harry doesn't want us to sign marmite signing so clearly there is the potential for some disagreement between supporters and Cotts as to what counts as enhancing the squad.

I'm not sure it's as far fetched, David Janes had just come back from the WC as England's no1. There were no good reasons for him to come here and at the time he still thought he could get back into the England squad playing at BC

I'm not sure it's as far fetched, David Janes had just come back from the WC as England's no1. There were no good reasons for him to come here and at the time he still thought he could get back into the England squad playing at BC

Don't recall it ever being said that he thought he could still play for England and us. Don't think that was ever reality. Lots was said about how he wanted to move back the West Country etc. that was the reasoning.

Maybe you're right that DJ was more far fetched but the point I'm trying to make is that I can't see any logic in Lingard joining us whereas there was a little bit with the whole DJ thing. Can you see any reason why Lingard would want to join us?

That will make us look professional when Jim White turns up with the Sky camera's...Cotts running through his repertoire of magic tricks.

It's going to look good when Jim white meets up with Lisa Knights, Steve cotterill, and Keith burt just to name a few. Expect to see lots of pictures from the stadium, lots of smiles, and the full slap up meal in the Avon gorge hotel. It's going to be a great day,to be in the world sky sports showbiz, and bristol sport pr promotions....... Then follow the stampede of players coming to Ashton gate :)

Lingard did come off the bench for Derby Co last season. The appeal of us is strictly the chance to play every week for 90 minutes. Something I think most "bigger" clubs may not be able to offer him. If he can still get his 15-20k a week and play 90 minutes almost every match then there is appeal.

Add that with a good pitch about AG being upgraded, an ambitious rich owner and a good young squad you could appeal to the right player.

If he is sold on all that then I would very much welcome him as he would be showing some ambition. Taking a chance on us and himself could benefit all involved. Still probably unlikely but surely we are appealing to 1 or 2 youngsters out there.

I agree totally, especially PK and if I'm honest I don't think we'd sign LB but there's a little worry in me that wonders whether Cotts does actually rate him or similar players to that. After all, Harry doesn't want us to sign marmite signing so clearly there is the potential for some disagreement between supporters and Cotts as to what counts as enhancing the squad.

Well last seasons business was excellent, this season IMHO we've lost two very good players so you may be correct.

With all respect to Harry, he's just another faceless member who's not writing anything with concrete evidence as yet, I still hold the opinion that "marmite" casts a wide net over hundreds of players, hardly a conclusive nudge in defining this mystery player!

Anyone with a decent IQ could come on here with these words of mystery and get the attention they are after, this place is a vortex of desperation, we've had multi page threads on Twitter rumours almost daily since the Maguire bid.

I'm not saying I dont believe him, I'm just saying that it's a comment that holds no adversity, subjective and easy to argue either way. I'm not one to hang on to a whim, I'd prefer to wait and see what are proven managerial team have to offer, even if it means waiting until both windows close.

Harry in his defence doesn't look to be the sort of attention seeking member, desperately looking to gain cyberspace kudos either, so I'm sure he knows a thing or two, as I said above though; personally I'm happy to wait and see what happens.

Exciting times ahead regardless......

Archived