IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

As far as wages and upsetting others, I think that's silly. He's come up in a bigger academy and played at a higher level(and well) than most of ours. If he is on say 18-20k per week but can truly be a difference maker, the lads will welcome him. Reality is when you move up, people get paid more and guys come in that could very well replace you. It's a business and if someone can help you win you get him.

All that being said, I don't think it's likely. We just don't seem to be a good attraction for players this summer. Another good year or exciting football can change that though!

To add, a player of Lingard's stature would be worth closer to 20k a week. I don't see why we can't afford one or two higher wage lads. As long as we aren't dishing out 10-15 on just anybody we can afford things like this.

As far as wages and upsetting others, I think that's silly. He's come up in a bigger academy and played at a higher level(and well) than most of ours. If he is on say 18-20k per week but can truly be a difference maker, the lads will welcome him. Reality is when you move up, people get paid more and guys come in that could very well replace you. It's a business and if someone can help you win you get him.

All that being said, I don't think it's likely. We just don't seem to be a good attraction for players this summer. Another good year or exciting football can change that though!

We won't break our 10k wage limit. Not a chance.

• Admin

No I know that from someone else..

Well we have had 3 plYers get new contracts, which I would imagine be the high end of our wage budget due to promotion....then If someone else comes in on 20k then that is going to potentially upset both those on new contracts and the rest of the squad....perhaps it wouldn't...but definTely a chance they would

I think they might look at themselves and realise they aren't England U21 Internationals. Do you think Ramires minds that Hazard is paid more than him?

ive looked at exiled robins tweets and i cant see any reply from this alan nixon

The journalist has protected his tweets, only confirmed followers can view them.

We won't break our 10k wage limit. Not a chance.

Well that's a silly policy then. If a young U21 international becomes available and you can sign him, you do it.

Not a jab at you. You may be right but it doesn't make sense to be so rigid in terms of wages if you want to be successful.

I'm not so sure.

I think Cott's will be throwing his weight around this week. We definitely need new players.

We are going to be reliant on the loan market....we were in for Jamie Murphy but we couldn't get him....if we can't get him imagine the other players we have tried who are already proven at championship levle

We are going to be reliant on the loan market....we were in for Jamie Murphy but we couldn't get him....if we can't get him imagine the other players we have tried who are already proven at championship levle

but youve said there are some good loans lined up

Archived