IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

Couple of things:

First, these articles about Nixon are all from about 4 years ago, so there's a chance that he's more respected now. Still dubious.

Second, looking at Lingard's previous seasons in the Championship, he's not brought that many goals to the side - most he managed was 6 in 14 appearances for Birmingham a couple of seasons ago. Granted, I don't know his game, he could well be more assists-based. Still, let's not just blow the roof off because of the name Man Utd and some impressive England U21 performances.

Nixon is freelance now, apparently very well-connected with certain agents and managers, mainly in the North West. Tends to take the odd wild punt on a story, which damages his credibility somewhat.

Can't be ignored, and he does get some very good scoops from time to time, but basically unreliable and should be treated with caution.

Nixon is freelance now, apparently very well-connected with certain agents and managers, mainly in the North West. Tends to take the odd wild punt on a story, which damages his credibility somewhat.

Can't be ignored, and he does get some very good scoops from time to time, but basically unreliable and should be treated with caution.

i agree with you but if it is made up he could of chosen a more believable team than us surely

Couple of things:

First, these articles about Nixon are all from about 4 years ago, so there's a chance that he's more respected now. Still dubious.

Second, looking at Lingard's previous seasons in the Championship, he's not brought that many goals to the side - most he managed was 6 in 14 appearances for Birmingham a couple of seasons ago. Granted, I don't know his game, he could well be more assists-based. Still, let's not just blow the roof off because of the name Man Utd and some impressive England U21 performances.

Yeah. I'm always wary of that. There are tons of hot prospect United youngsters who have gone on to achieve.... not a lot. The problem always us that whoever you move to its a long old way down.

• Admin

Couple of things:

Do you think that is bad for a midfielder?

Thanks for the feedback Northern Red!

Time for bed, let's see how this plays out tomorrow.

Couple of things:

Your analysis about his goals is flawed. His goal record is roughly 1/5 - he's had loads of loans which take players a while to settle in, he may have made lots of sub appearances or been stuck out on the wing.. That stat about his goals doesn't say much. Freeman didn't score many before he came here.

Your analysis about his goals is flawed. His goal record is roughly 1/5 - he's had loads of loans which take players a while to settle in, he may have made lots of sub appearances or been stuck out on the wing.. That stat about his goals doesn't say much. Freeman didn't score many before he came here.

All true, just making observations based on the few stats I could find. Basically trying to find reasons not to be excited.

• Admin

i also think the ploy all the way along has been to wait till big jim white turns up to do a massive unveiling of signings  :P

Is he visiting Rovers next? I can see it now, SL has deliberately set up 5 or 6 signings to be announced 1 after another & gives Jim White the exclusive first interview for each. Oh dear Jim, you appear to have stayed here an extra 15 mins and now can't fit Rovers into your schedule, shame that.

Freeman hadn't scored many since he's been here, but obviously he brings a whole lot more to the team than just his goal return.

Archived