IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

I remember a certain Gareth Bale was going to join us on loan because he was such a jonah at Spurs

I'm so excited about this though, GOD PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!

I might even consider moving back to Bristol and buying ST, I'll pick litter on his street, ill clean his car, do his shopping, empty his wheelie bin, ill clean it too with my tongue if that's what it takes

I remember a certain Ronaldo going to join on loan aswell. :facepalm:

Not reading anything into this, all rumours until he's wearing a Bristol City shirt on a football pitch.

Emad Metaeb thought me that.

I remember a certain Ronaldo going to join on loan aswell. :facepalm:

Not reading anything into this, all rumours until he's wearing a Bristol City shirt on a football pitch.

Emad Metaeb thought me that.

I remember Metab debacle, agreed, cant get too excited yet, well maybe a little 

Wellbeck is actually a true story

I believe you, not sure about Ronaldo joining on loan, unless it was the fat one.

I'd be surprised if it's 20k per week, I really would as other players would presumably be a bit jealous!

I imagine it's not 20k per week but a good wage, bonuses and signing on fee that equal that total.

The fee and wages quoted by that journalist could be a total guess.

Yes- a lot of guess work is involved here.

Let's just hope it really is a possibility.

Whether this one drops or not, I remain utterly convinced that he's the 'type' of player that SL etc will be looking to bring in.

There is a bit of surprise in the office as they thought this could possibly be the year he made some impact on the United first team. Most have said they would be happy with a loan but not a permanent move... So the locals rate him.

Only criticism they seem to have of him is that he doesn't like to put his foot in. 

Can't see him coming here though.

I go to bed and nothing, check on OTIB in the morning and there's 7 pages on Jesse Lingard.... BUT STILL ACTUALLY NOTHING! You're all utter bastards...

Joking aside, I've seen him play live for England u21 a couple of times and he's always impressed me. However, looks like one of those players who doesn't really know his own position- is he a central midfielder? A winger? A striker? None of the above? Perhaps if this is true, Cotteril is going to play him where he feels he's best?

Anyway, will believe it when I see it but will be happy if I do

If this is the sort of rumour that keeps us all upbeat and excited... Then the OP's work here is done!

Bit like the "City" on channel 4 last night then  :shocking:  :shocking:

What a signing this would be! Real future for Lingard; and should we make the prem we have a player who I feel could probably make the step up given some match experience. Look forward to seeing him. If Paul Konchesky signs as well I will be feeling less anxious about lack of transfer activity!

There is a bit of surprise in the office as they thought this could possibly be the year he made some impact on the United first team. Most have said they would be happy with a loan but not a permanent move... So the locals rate him.

Only criticism they seem to have of him is that he doesn't like to put his foot in. 

Can't see him coming here though.

Why would he not come here? We walked the league last season, the stadium is being transformed into a modern unit, Bristol is a great place to live, and we are a club on the up with a hugely wealthy owner.

A typical Mancy attitude?

Sky Sports are now running with this story on their transfer centre but , like most articles today , they're just referencing the Sun as the source.

I just saw this, it is making me wonder if there is any truth in it now though. Huge for us if we sign him :/

Why would he not come here? We walked the league last season, the stadium is being transformed into a modern unit, Bristol is a great place to live, and we are a club on the up with a hugely wealthy owner.

A typical Mancy attitude?

Here is something that will surprise you.... Hardly anyone up here knows that we have a new stadium being built or a wealthy owner.

Also my point was that an England under 21 member of the Manchester United first team squad is likely to get attention from other clubs. Clubs which may well pay a bigger fee. Maybe closer to where he lives. Maybe a division higher etc

I'll be delighted if he comes here but so far our problem has been bigger clubs out bidding us and that is something I would expect to happen for a United first team squad player who plays in the u21 England squad.

As others have suggested in not so many words, if you were:

• an agent who wanted to generate interest upper Championship and Prem for your player, you'd probably pick a club like ours (new to Championship) for a fictitious leaked story, knowing full well we are small enough that he doesn't lose any significant future source of business from us, and small enough that it provokes all the clubs who he'd like to be interested, to enquire as much out of dismissiveness for our ability to secure such a player
  • a sports journalist who needs to sell papers/generate buzz, you'd probably pick a club like ours (one you don't generally write many stories about but with the means for the story to sound feasible) knowing full well you're not going to lose any significant future scoops because you're not planning to write any others about us in the foreseeable future

One or both of the agent and the journalist are playing games. My bet is the agent.

Archived