IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

No reason to bullshit.

I asked my boy to ask if it was true and he came back to me and said yes.

I don't pretend to be itk just happen to know someone in this instance.

If things change in the meantime then maybe it's because of all things being let slip etc

Yeah I'm sure this whole deal will now probably fall through due to some gossip on OTIB and one poster in particular saying its 'a done deal'.

I'd hope so!!!!!

I think Manc was trying to voice that a lot of Man Utd fans and by the look of it the managerial team there think this season would see him maybe play some more first team football, in which case why come 250'miles south to do the same thing here, leaving friends, home and to play in a team that were league one etc.....

Whatever happens here, there is a huge question to ask why us?

Especially when you think of where he could go, of course I'd be delighted to have him here and his signing would definitely pave the way for more of the same.

You must admit it's a very random rumour, I think it's got legs but probably just a way to drum up business and alert other clubs to his availability?

Only time will tell Ian, interesting all the same.....

Maybe we're offering a satnav to reduce his miles...  :fear:

That's fair enough

No reason to bullshit.

I asked my boy to ask if it was true and he came back to me and said yes.

I don't pretend to be itk just happen to know someone in this instance.

If things change in the meantime then maybe it's because of all things being let slip etc

Yeah I'm sure this whole deal will now probably fall through due to some gossip on OTIB and one poster in particular saying its 'a done deal'.

Apologies.

I only posted what I was told by my son who is very good friends with an ex man Utd player

It appears that you have nothing better to do than criticise others and maybe spoil for a row.

BS16BCFC - I have no reason to know if you're telling porkies, or the truth, but there are so many 'ITK' on here that haven't got a ******* clue and just come on to wind people up

Don't take it too personal, it's one of those summers

I hope to God you are telling the truth, and for that reason - I'm in. If your boy is making this up though, I expect a smacked arse and no tea for him tonight - deal?

I think Manc was trying to voice that a lot of Man Utd fans and by the look of it the managerial team there think this season would see him maybe play some more first team football, in which case why come 250'miles south to do the same thing here, leaving friends, home and to play in a team that were league one etc.....

Is he signing for Sidmouth Town AFC? ;)

A long time ago people will probably not remember but are first season in the championship under Johnson a certain Danny Wellbeck was going to join us the only reason he didn't was because Rooney got injured so I do think this could happen

Out of interest do City have a somewhat strong business relationship with Man Utd I wonder?

No offence mate but why should we believe this post?

With all respect Pete..as others have said, particularly those who have been ballsy or decent enough to release some info they know, we do not have to believe anything.

In the event life were so simple that people released the entire picture of confidential information then firstly that would be darn boring and secondly it likely would only ever happen once; because after which that source would be gone. Its quite simple to comprehend really. Take the info on good faith or forget it without having to question someone for not releasing further detail.

Mate. I know the chap involved and it's football not personal business so wind your neck in

Come to the conclusion mate that this forum is full of idiots, some of us who do get genuine info understand the reasons why your clearly not going to name your sources.

It's common sense really,

BS16BCFC - I have no reason to know if you're telling porkies, or the truth, but there are so many 'ITK' on here that haven't got a ******* clue and just come on to wind people up

Mate. He's not making it up.

I asked him to find out if it was true

If it's not then his mate is winding him up but he seemed convinced.

That's all I can say

Don't take it too personal, it's one of those summers

I hope to God you are telling the truth, and for that reason - I'm in. If your boy is making this up though, I expect a smacked arse and no tea for him tonight - deal?

Nixon is freelance now, apparently very well-connected with certain agents and managers, mainly in the North West. Tends to take the odd wild punt on a story, which damages his credibility somewhat.

Can't be ignored, and he does get some very good scoops from time to time, but basically unreliable and should be treated with caution.

Alan Nixon says he's expected in Bristol today, looking to complete the deal by tonight.

I've never heard of Alan Nixon so I looked him up on Google. I saw him described as "The king of football transfer gossip for the Daily Mirror". With that pedigree, the story must be correct, or total BS.

I just do not get if he has just signed a new deal with Utd why he would come to us? Utd would have to stump up a lot on his contract you would expect. A loan would be great I would have thought, and if it is permanent....no, I refuse to get excited until I see them holding up a City shirt.

• Admin

I'd hope so!!!!!

I think Manc was trying to voice that a lot of Man Utd fans and by the look of it the managerial team there think this season would see him maybe play some more first team football, in which case why come edit due to pedantic forum member/shock!:168 miles south to do the same thing here, leaving friends, home and to play in a team that were league one etc.....

Whatever happens here, there is a huge question to ask why us?

Especially when you think of where he could go, of course I'd be delighted to have him here and his signing would definitely pave the way for more of the same.

You must admit it's a very random rumour, I think it's got legs but probably just a way to drum up business and alert other clubs to his availability?

Only time will tell Ian, interesting all the same.....

Equally, by being linked to a fairly high profile Man Utd youth player it tells other targets of our ambition so we would also benefit from this if people stop thinking of us as little Bristol City.

Mate. I know the chap involved and it's football not personal business so wind your neck in

Wind my neck in? You were the one getting in a tizz because people were questioning your veracity. Anyway, you made me smile with your reply so thanks mate :D

PS I clearly hope you are genuine!

Apologies.

I only posted what I was told by my son who is very good friends with an ex man Utd player

It appears that you have nothing better to do than criticise others and maybe spoil for a row.

You posted that it was a done deal.

I responded 'no offence mate but...' before asking why we should believe your post (perfectly reasonable isn't it?).

I was actually hoping you would respond with something that would give me hope that this is genuine. You didn't.

Archived