IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

It's great, but at some point we need to chase players who will actually sign for us

In fairness Woodsy, until we chase a player how can we know whether he will sign for us? The old saying is that if you don't ask, you don't get.

Also in this case, by the sound of it Lingard has not said that he will not sign for us. The conjecture is that if a bigger, "better" and financially stronger club comes in then we might struggle to get his signature against such competition. 

In fairness Woodsy, until we chase a player how can we know whether he will sign for us? The old saying is that if you don't ask, you don't get.

Also in this case, by the sound of it Lingard has not said that he will not sign for us. The conjecture is that if a bigger, "better" and financially stronger club comes in then we might struggle to get his signature against such competition. 

Agree totally - but if we're asking, and we're getting told 'no' then I hope there is a plan B....which I've yet to be convinced there is this summer

My Nan always used to say 'don't ask, don't get' - bless her. Should've listened to my Nan more!

Agree totally - but if we're asking, and we're getting told 'no' then I hope there is a plan B....which I've yet to be convinced there is this summer

My Nan always used to say 'don't ask, don't get' - bless her. Should've listened to my Nan more!

I think we are way past Plan B now..

If Kadjia's signing is anything to go by, then our approach is to keep things under wraps until the deal is done and dusted.

It did worry me from the outset that the first news of this was in the sun and then on the BBC gossip page. If the news is correct that Lingard has been told he will not feature in Man Us first team then he will be looking for a move, and the best move he can get. In such circumstances it would be of little surprise of his agent has got the rumour out in the media as quickly as possible to stimulate interest from as many clubs as possible so as to drive up the price and thereby the agents fee.

Having said all of that, if there is an outside chance we could clinch this deal then it's worth keeping fingers crossed.

There's a world of difference from dealing with a Ligue 2 side and Man United though. No way things are going to stay quiet from oop norf.

This is beginning to sound as though we've been set up as the fall guys to drum up extra interest

Said exactly the same earlier in this thread, seemed very transparent and maybe a case of again aiming way to high, I guess only time will tell.

The problem is, that now we've really shown our hand financially, if we haven't already done so with the reported Maguire bid, all conjecture as yet but pretty naive IF true.

The twitter chat has completely shifted in the last hour from all Bristol City to all Newcastle. So it does suggest that we were in for him, Newcastle were alerted and have now jumped ahead of us.

Still hopeful, but the hope is fading!

13 pages in under 24 hours, OTIB record ?

Is that you Lawrie?

For anyone over the preceding pages questioning why people are slow to believe what has been posted on here may I introduce you to cottsciderarmy

I like it, but it's not the correct answer.

You've disappointed me.

Did I miss an obvious song connection?

That could of been anyone Woodsy.

I'll take that off you, Gaz, but only because I need you under my beck and call for the cricket again this week #cricketbitch

The twitter chat has completely shifted in the last hour from all Bristol City to all Newcastle. So it does suggest that we were in for him, Newcastle were alerted and have now jumped ahead of us.

If he goes to Newcastle good bloody luck to him.  He probably wont play and the way that club is being run we will probably be ahead of them before long.

Maybe time to start thinking about moving on from this.

Show's that the agent is doing his job properly.

If he goes to Newcastle good bloody luck to him.  He probably wont play and the way that club is being run we will probably be ahead of them before long.

Maybe time to start thinking about moving on from this.

...and I guess the agent will feel he has done a good job with this one.

Great we are aiming this high. Time will tell if it is actually right now too high, and we are just being used as agents patsy fodder.

Archived