IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

James was at the end of his career and looking to be closer to home, Freeman was at a much smaller club and took a step up to be with us, JL has the chance to join Newcastle (if true), a club that's well established in the premier league, has a huge stadium and a great stage to help kick on his international career, not to mention they can probably double his wages from what we are offering.

Of course I'd love to be wrong but I just can't see it.

Not to mention the greatest fans in the galaxy.........................

Or so they say.

When these threads start if you want to be seen as ITK but are in fact clueless (aka pretty much all of us) you have to make a comment like "Heard this is 100% on" or the like in case it comes off for the cred afterwards. If it doesn't happen everyone will probably forget. Bonus points if you put "End of" or "FACT" after your post!

Less risky are "Sources told me this could be on", "Heard a few whispers about this but held up in contract negotiations" or similar which nobody can disproove.

Less risky still is saying nothing at all in an authoratative manner at random times, like "Heard we're in for a couple of good youngsters this week", or "Could be an interesting week, heard rumours of an unexpected signing" etc. as who can ever quibble with that.

Do this for a few threads, get a lucky guess in the right one and you're now seen as ITK and forum cred is yours to do with whatever people do with that.

If people realise what you're doing, get defensive and threaten to no longer reveal your insight until it's all forgotten!

Summer transfer window posting 101.

Can't remember the fella's name but it's been long-established that one of the guys who has come out and said this is a goer has strong connections to BCFC. But he's being overruled by people who, in their own words, haven't got a clue.

It's amazing how people are reacting to all sorts of posts on this thread, yet the one I posted from my source (people who know me and where I work will have a good idea who that source is) had been completely ignored..!

I'm sure most of you just love the drama!

We have made an approach but there is competition. Fact.

Couldn't disagree more to be fair, according to who are we relegation fodder? Everything I have read about the upcoming season every expects us to be in and around the play offs? As to the ground it's pretty much gunna be like a new stadium, also can you think back 12 months ago... You reckon Bournemouth was thinking we got a rubbish ground no chance of attracting big names, well they seem to be doing ok at the monent!! Money talks not about what your ground looks like or if they have heard of us...

Just to clarify, this isn't my opinion, it's the opinion of Joe Bloggs anywhere outside of Bristol. I've not lived in Bristol for over 10 years and lived in 3 other cities. Most people have barely heard of us. People said to me after we lost the play off final "aren't you glad you didn't go up?"

Ask a 22 year old kid whether he wants to play for Newcastle or Bristol City and guess 99 times out of 100 what the answer is. I suspect that is where cotterill and burt are having trouble in this window

It's amazing how people are reacting to all sorts of posts on this thread, yet the one I posted from my source (people who know me and where I work will have a good idea who that source is) had been completely ignored..!

Like I said earlier, it's funny how potentially positive info from this end such as yours is ignored or dismissed, yet random twitter posts saying he's off to Newcastle etc are taken as gospel.

I thought that was Cardiff but only when they are winning and playing in blue, both as bad as each other although at least Newcastle have the numbers to back it up, Cardiff are just fickle.

We are both wrong - it is the Gash!  As evidenced by the crowd they took to Wembley to see them clinch their position as second best non-league club.

I don't think anyone is disputing the last line of your post - that seems to be pretty well known now

Just to clarify, this isn't my opinion, it's the opinion of Joe Bloggs anywhere outside of Bristol. I've not lived in Bristol for over 10 years and lived in 3 other cities. Most people have barely heard of us. People said to me after we lost the play off final "aren't you glad you didn't go up?"

Ask a 22 year old kid whether he wants to play for Newcastle or Bristol City and guess 99 times out of 100 what the answer is. I suspect that is where cotterill and burt are having trouble in this window

I don't think the highlighted part is true

I think the last line is though

:robbored:

Play for Newcastle or Bristol City does that include sitting on the bench?? My point is exactly that, he might also be linked to Newcastle but surely playing football is the lads priority!!

Play for Newcastle or Bristol City does that include sitting on the bench?? My point is exactly that, he might also be linked to Newcastle but surely playing football is the lads priority!!

I suspect the dollar involved will make him feel better about it all if he's on the bench at Old Trafford, instead of playing in the rain against Rotherham, unfortunately

Take a deep breath and read what I actually said!

Not my opinion. The opinion of the majority outside of Bristol...

I have read it.

a) Most people outside Bristol with any interest in football will know us, in the same way that you and I know Dundee, Luton Town, Carlisle Utd and Brentford.

b) No they won't care about us in the same way you & I don't care about Dundee, Luton Town, Carlisle Utd and Brentford.

The casual follower will have us down as relegation fodder in the same way most people would have had Bournemouth and Brentford down as relegation fodder and for Wigan to do quite well.

However, I would hope someone who works within football and is considering the next career move for themselves or their client would do some due diligence on whoever has bid for them.

How the average Joe sees City is a bit irrelevant really.

I have read it.

a) Most people outside Bristol with any interest in football will know us, in the same way that you and I know Dundee, Luton Town, Carlisle Utd and Brentford.

b) No they won't care about us in the same way you & I don't care about Dundee, Luton Town, Carlisle Utd and Brentford.

The casual follower will have us down as relegation fodder in the same way most people would have had Bournemouth and Brentford down as relegation fodder and for Wigan to do quite well.

However, I would hope someone who works within football and is considering the next career move for themselves or their client would do some due diligence on whoever has bid for them.

How the average Joe sees City is a bit irrelevant really.

Maybe he has the confidence in his own ability that he would start for Newcastle?

Young Footballer in self confidence, ignorance shocker?

The agent, well he will go to the highest bidder and not give two shits about the best interests of the player. Premier league = $$$$

Yes there are exceptions but in general I'm right sadly

You sir are a half wit.

Bull shit.

It wasn't effin bullshit you ****.

How is that back tracking

What is it with people on here

So anal it's untrue

Don't go getting a ban here, poppet

If it does come off then I want to see your reply!!

Probably not the correct thread for this discussion; however, I thought I would offer up my thoughts regarding the opinion of Bristol City throughout the rest of the country.

Having served in the forces for coming up to 6 years now I have had the experience of being based at various locations throughout the UK.

Whenever the subject of football came up and I would be asked who I supported, I of course said City's name with pride, this was and has been generally met with scoffs of laughter and the question of 'what league are they in then?' bearing in mind these comments were even made during 07/08 when we were challenging for the prem.

Another example when recently discussing potential signings for us and more specifically Joey Barton, the question was asked of me 'why would he want to go to Bristol? Surely there are better teams in the Championship that he can go to?'

I of course defend our club's name with honour in any football related conversation (argument) but being an exiled fan you do start to understand the thinking behind fans of these so called 'bigger' clubs fans and their apparent right to sign anyone and everyone they so wish. 

I guess the point that I am trying to make is that if this is the opinion of (some) of the other teams fans towards us, it doesn't bode well when trying to sign a player when he have competition from some 'bigger' names.

Archived