IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

Play for Newcastle or Bristol City does that include sitting on the bench?? My point is exactly that, he might also be linked to Newcastle but surely playing football is the lads priority!!

Playing is not always the top priority for football players is it. Money talks above all else, a footballers career is short and they will go where the money is end of. Also even if he didnt play at Newcastle he would be training and learning from top players and premier league coaches. If he came here it would be basically league 1 coaching and less money with maybe more game time. Please let me know what a young u21 international player is going to learn at City that he didn't learn from Ferguson, Moyes and the dutchman??

Playing is not always the top priority for football players is it. Money talks above all else, a footballers career is short and they will go where the money is end of. Also even if he didnt play at Newcastle he would be training and learning from top players and premier league coaches. If he came here it would be basically league 1 coaching and less money with maybe more game time. Please let me know what a young u21 international player is going to learn at City that he didn't learn from Ferguson, Moyes and the dutchman??

What's he gunna learn of a bloke who has a great Dutch accent and loves a umbrella that he didn't learn from Ferguson, moyes, etc!! To be fair we had apparently one of the best coaches in football in o'driscall as are manager and that didn't go down great... So coaching ain't everything, most of the time you either got it or you haven't!! But the little things you do learn you learn by playing not in training...

What's he gunna learn of a bloke who has a great Dutch accent and loves a umbrella that he didn't learn from Ferguson, moyes, etc!! To be fair we had apparently one of the best coaches in football in o'driscall as are manager and that didn't go down great... So coaching ain't everything, most of the time you either got it or you haven't!! But the little things you do learn you learn by playing not in training...

Don't know but that Jose Mourinho bloke seems to have picked up a few things from him and he is manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world. Also they have a few ex players as coaching staff, some bloke called Giggs helps with training I have heard, don't know if he knows anything about playing football though?

Don't know but that Jose Mourinho bloke seems to have picked up a few things from him and he is manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world. Also they have a few ex players as coaching staff, some bloke called Giggs helps with training I have heard, don't know if he knows anything about playing football though?

I believe that he was talking about McClaren....

That ain't what I said... I said what's he gunna learn at Newcastle? Obviously he's learnt at United but he ain't playing.. He needs to be playing games, this ain't about which coach his gunna teach him more, I'm pretty sure he's been taught well at United so about time he has a full season of 90 minute games!!

That ain't what I said... I said what's he gunna learn at Newcastle? Obviously he's learnt at United but he ain't playing.. He needs to be playing games, this ain't about which coach his gunna teach him more, I'm pretty sure he's been taught well at United so about time he has a full season of 90 minute games!!

My mistake you were talking about Mclaren.

You do realise Mclaren was england manager at 1 time though right. Say what you want about the guy but he has had his fair share of success in some top divisions. Also you become a better player by training and playing with better players. No disrespect to our squad but he would be a cut above the entire squad. Anyway the fact remains that if its Newcastle or us, anybody who doesn't have a connection to City would chose the prem side im sorry to say.

People moan when there is no news or anything to talk about, people moan when we are linked with someone.

We won't know if it's true or not until he signs here or elsewhere so let's just enjoy being linked with someone!

Think the slow summer has drained all of the optimism that we had at the end of last season. It's a shame too. A bit worried about the thin squad but it'll get sorted.

My mistake you were talking about Mclaren.

You do realise Mclaren was england manager at 1 time though right. Say what you want about the guy but he has had his fair share of success in some top divisions. Also you become a better player by training and playing with better players. No disrespect to our squad but he would be a cut above the entire squad. Anyway the fact remains that if its Newcastle or us, anybody who doesn't have a connection to City would chose the prem side im sorry to say.

You're probably right but if he did go to Newcastle, he'd be almost just as far down the pecking order as he is now.

You're probably right but if he did go to Newcastle, he'd be almost just as far down the pecking order as he is now.

Newcastle fans seem to think he'd go into their development squad and they may as well buy him as he's "so cheap". That might be a reason for joining us, here he'd be our star player and would be sure to get lots of games, he won't want to kick his heels in the reserves. However QPR also interested and they would probably play him as well.

I'm bored now...

...yes, he's good, but he ain't worth this attention...

... rather we covered our shortages with some actual signings.

If I was gonna be sceptical I would say that we have just bid on someone that we have no chance of getting, in order to to get the supporters excited and divert their attention away from the fact that we will add **** all, but can then say, 'we tried'...

I'm in France. The wifi here is terrible. (But Stella is fantastic).

This has 17 pages in 24 hours.

Please someone tell me there's more to this than just a rumour! (And also do it in the next five minutes before the wife realises I'm missing).

Started as a rumour in The Sun yesterday evening (I think) - Stockhausen claimed "it could be a goer" according to his sources (OTIB??) and since then very little - some journo seemed to suggest Newcastle were in for him but there seems to be nothing concrete on that. An ESPN journo said that "several clubs are in for him and not just Bristol City".

So far it's little more than chinese whispers, but no smoke without fire and all that...

Started as a rumour in The Sun yesterday evening (I think) - Stockhausen claimed "it could be a goer" according to his sources (OTIB??) and since then very little - some journo seemed to suggest Newcastle were in for him but there seems to be nothing concrete on that. An ESPN journo said that "several clubs are in for him and not just Bristol City".

So far it's little more than chinese whispers, but no smoke without fire and all that...

Thanks mate. Unfortunately I got very excited about the 17 pages. And this one looks like just another heartbreak.

I'm in France. The wifi here is terrible. (But Stella is fantastic).

This has 17 pages in 24 hours.

Please someone tell me there's more to this than just a rumour! (And also do it in the next five minutes before the wife realises I'm missing).

Fordy- don't believe a word anyone else has said.

Earlier today we signed Lingard who will now play alongside Joey Barton whilst Zamora is up top with JK whilst  PK signed yesterday as left back in a change of formation.

Boy have you missed the fun- you should go away more often.

Think many have already given up on this. Including me until I scrolled through Alan Nixon's twitter (the one who reported it). One fan asked:

@nickybowsy86: @reluctantnicko Is there actually something happening with Lindgard to @bcfctweets or is it just plain old rumours ? Please shed some light

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets You're trying to do it ... and according to a signing rival you're way odds on favourites

@nickybowsy86: @reluctantnicko @bcfctweets this would be a massive signing for us, how reliable is yours source

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets Very rarely lets me down.

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets No point holding back ... would expect that moves on big time today.

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets You're trying to get it done asap

And when someone asked him what we are thinking:

@Oliver_Hudson: @reluctantnicko @TheExiledRobin surely half the championship will be after him if he's available?

He replied

@reluctantnicko: @Oliver_Hudson @TheExiledRobin It was a rival club who told me u were getting him.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (couldn't be arsed going through all the pages)

So make of that what you will but sounds promising from a person that IS "ITK"

Archived