IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

• Admin

Stockhausens conflictings sources are The Sun saying he's coming here and ESPN saying he's going to Newcastle.

He has had a think which club is bigger and come to the conclusion that this is Newcastle.

He has then tweeted his feeling that there is little chance of Jesse joining us.

Think many have already given up on this. Including me until I scrolled through Alan Nixon's twitter (the one who reported it). One fan asked:

@nickybowsy86: @reluctantnicko Is there actually something happening with Lindgard to @bcfctweets or is it just plain old rumours ? Please shed some light

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets You're trying to do it ... and according to a signing rival you're way odds on favourites

@nickybowsy86: @reluctantnicko @bcfctweets this would be a massive signing for us, how reliable is yours source

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets Very rarely lets me down.

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets No point holding back ... would expect that moves on big time today.

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets You're trying to get it done asap

And when someone asked him what we are thinking:

@Oliver_Hudson: @reluctantnicko @TheExiledRobin surely half the championship will be after him if he's available?

He replied

@reluctantnicko: @Oliver_Hudson @TheExiledRobin It was a rival club who told me u were getting him.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (couldn't be arsed going through all the pages)

So make of that what you will but sounds promising from a person that IS "ITK"

What time through out the day were these posted? 

City made a bid of 2.5 million, it was accepted and then leaked to the press to see if any other interest, now Newcastle are front runners

Have to admit, I thought this is why we've been so quiet - IIRC Millen had a summer of leaked sources and subsequently being trumped.

Not surprised - Agents, clubs themselves, even players could try and engineer a move to a bigger club by leaking our interest.

There's very little you can do to counter it, we can threaten to pull out of deals if they are leaked, you could double the players' signing on fee but the biggest deals just have to get done...

I still wouldn't be surprised to hear Cotterill say "nah, never spoken to Man United before" - I quite like City playing their cards so close to their chest

Hmm, that's complicated things BRISTOL86 .... Sounds like one of this lot are favourites then... Which of 'em are nicknamed the Whispers?

http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/nationalleagues/nationalleague=china-pr-chinese-super-league-2000000087/standings/

Started as a rumour in The Sun yesterday evening (I think) - Stockhausen claimed "it could be a goer" according to his sources (OTIB??) and since then very little - some journo seemed to suggest Newcastle were in for him but there seems to be nothing concrete on that. An ESPN journo said that "several clubs are in for him and not just Bristol City".

So far it's little more than chinese whispers, but no smoke without fire and all that...

Stockhausen this season:

'Mark Bunn done deal!' Week later signs for Villa.

'Paul Konchesky could be signed by the weekend!'

'Actually QPR are probably getting him'

'All quiet on the Bristol City front I'm off on holiday' Next day Kodjia signs.

'My sources tell me Lingard is a goer!'

'Actually no he's not I had conflicting sources'

Not forgetting the 50 other players he's linked us with on the post website.

Don't understand the constant Stockhausen bashing on here. Why not take his tweet at face value - he's dug a bit deeper and based on that now thinks it won't happen. He's a journalist with contacts, and likely better ones than 99% of us on here. He never claims to know everything. Don't see what the problem is.

Think many have already given up on this. Including me until I scrolled through Alan Nixon's twitter (the one who reported it). One fan asked:

@nickybowsy86: @reluctantnicko Is there actually something happening with Lindgard to @bcfctweets or is it just plain old rumours ? Please shed some light

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets You're trying to do it ... and according to a signing rival you're way odds on favourites

@nickybowsy86: @reluctantnicko @bcfctweets this would be a massive signing for us, how reliable is yours source

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets Very rarely lets me down.

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets No point holding back ... would expect that moves on big time today.

@reluctantnicko: @nickybowsy86 @bcfctweets You're trying to get it done asap

And when someone asked him what we are thinking:

@Oliver_Hudson: @reluctantnicko @TheExiledRobin surely half the championship will be after him if he's available?

He replied

@reluctantnicko: @Oliver_Hudson @TheExiledRobin It was a rival club who told me u were getting him.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (couldn't be arsed going through all the pages)

So make of that what you will but sounds promising from a person that IS "ITK"

Had started giving up but excited again now.

Stockhausen this season:

'Mark Bunn done deal!' Week later signs for Villa.

'Paul Konchesky could be signed by the weekend!'

'Actually QPR are probably getting him'

'All quiet on the Bristol City front I'm off on holiday' Next day Kodjia signs.

'My sources tell me Lingard is a goer!'

'Actually no he's not I had conflicting sources'

Not forgetting the 50 other players he's linked us with on the post website.

He applies the same techniques as a fairground fortune teller. If you make sufficient predictions, eventually one comes true.

Don't understand the constant Stockhausen bashing on here. Why not take his tweet at face value - he's dug a bit deeper and based on that now thinks it won't happen. He's a journalist with contacts, and likely better ones than 99% of us on here. He never claims to know everything. Don't see what the problem is.

As above through Aaron-bcfc's post....

Plus I was under the impression the club dont want him knowing that much anyway.

I thought his contact was OTIB. He clearly has no others.

Archived