IGNORED

The Great Otib 2015/16 Championship Prediction League Thread Of Glory

RedYoshi

EXAMPLE POLL  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ROLL UP, ROLL UP.

Don't think I've seen this on here before/recently, so thought - as a welcome back to the Championship celebration - we could have a proper forum prediction league, with points, predictions, poor guesses, pessimists, (p)optimists, and plenty of polls.

If you play your cards right, there will even be prizes.

Maybe.

Sign up in here, make any suggestions in here, play mind games with your closest rival in here, make predictions about the predictions in here, whatever, just don't make any horrible smells.

Here's the plan thus far - let me know any changes you'd recommend and, if I vaguely respect your opinion, there may be a chance that I kind of half think about maybe implementing it, depending on the weather and my current financial position, as well as what I had for lunch.

The Great OTIB 2015/16 Championship Prediction League

There will be a separate thread created for every City match throughout the 2015/16 season.

For a weekend match, I'll attempt to get it up (ooer) on the preceding Wednesday.

Midweek games are anyone's guess.

Cup matches will probably be included, but may form their own separate prediction league, depending on how much I can be bothered.

These threads will be formed of a poll to choose your favoured scoreline, as well as first goalscorer, while other predictions may be made within the thread itself.

Points awarded as follows:

Correct result: 1 point.

Correct scoreline: 2 points.

First goalscorer: 2 points.

Other goalscorers: 1 point each, 2 point bonus if all correct (extra bonus point if specified order).

Goal timings: 1 point each, 2 point bonus if all correct.

Half-time scoreline: 1 point.

FULL HOUSE 5 POINT BONUS

e.g. Wednesday 0 - 5 City (1 point result, 2 points scoreline = 3 points)

Kodjia 1st goalscorer (2 points)

Kodjia x2, Lingard, Flint, J.E.T (3 points)

12", 27", 28", 64", 89" (5 points, 2 point bonus = 7 points)

HT: 0-3 (1 point)

Total: 16 points and an ecstatic forum

These will form the base predictions that will be available to make for every match. Each match will then include its own, bespoke, BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTIONS (ooooo, aaaaah) which may range from number of yellow cards, timings of substitutions, types of goals, attendance, etc.

Points for these BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTIONS (ooooo, aaaaah) will be decided on a match by match basis.

Each week, I shall also choose one other Championship game to predict (scoreline only).

Predict.

#GOTIB15to16CPL.

Good lord - good luck keeping this up to date, Yoshi!

I'll give it a go though

EDIT - seems to be a problem as you don't choose an option from each section, so I guess you need to have all the scores in one bit, as opposed to split into 3?

EDIT - seems to be a problem as you don't choose an option from each section, so I guess you need to have all the scores in one bit, as opposed to split into 3?

To vote I would have to complete each section therefore for the same game would have to predict it to be a home win, a draw and an away win :)

Noted (& edited).

Regretting it already.

Yoshi - do you know who has voted for what, or do we need to expand a little?

'Tis public poll, so only need to expand if you vote for any of the "other" options.

Also a quick note to say this is not the poll for the Sheff Wed game. That'll have it's own separate thread, which I'll do tomorrow.

I'm then away for the actual weekend.

And the weekend after that.

Plus the weekend after that.

Followed by the weekend after that.

This was a ******* stupid idea.  :facepalm:

'Tis public poll, so only need to expand if you vote for any of the "other" options.

Also a quick note to say this is not the poll for the Sheff Wed game. That'll have it's own separate thread, which I'll do tomorrow.

I'm then away for the actual weekend.

And the weekend after that.

Plus the weekend after that.

Followed by the weekend after that.

This was a ******* stupid idea.  :facepalm:

All about priorities

Sod your weekends away, you signed up for this, and we all expect you to be in charge from here on in

(I can feel a lynching coming on)

Just to clarify:

THIS IS NOT THE SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PREDICTION THREAD.  :) 

I'm sure most of those voting are aware, but figured I'd double check just in case.

Not that it matters, you'll just be a bit confused when the real Sheffield Wednesday thread appears and you have to do it all again.

This is for signing up (not that I'll kick you out if you vote in later threads but haven't replied to this one... so, basically, it's not actually for signing up, but you can if you want to) and general #GOTIB15to16CPL chat so as to keep the match threads tidy enough for me to read/analyse easily.

It's also for all complaints, of which I'm anticipating many.

This way, if they're all in one thread, they're easier for me to ignore.

I will also be posting the updated #GOTIB15to16CPL table in here after each match.

HASHTAG GOTIB15to16CPL !!1!11!!!!1!

Might be simpler to do as an online excel sheet, or VB macro.

It would indeed be simpler... were I vaguely acquainted with such things.

To be fair, it's a good idea, and had crossed my mind.. Will see how it goes initially and may look into something along those lines if needs be.

Don't want to disconnect it too much from the forum though, and feel like it'd be nice to have a bit of chat too as opposed to everyone simply filling out spreadsheets, but we'll see how it goes.

If you have any suggestions of which online platforms would be most worth using, please let me know and I can start attempting to get au fait with them - ta!

Archived