IGNORED

The Great Otib 2015/16 Championship Prediction League Thread Of Glory

RedYoshi

EXAMPLE POLL  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmm.

Can't decide whether I'm glad this thread survived the great database scandal of 2015.

On the one hand, I couldn't remember what I'd written, and wasn't looking forward to trying to write it all again.

On the other, I kind of hoped that everyone would forget about it and I wouldn't need to actually go through with it all.

Any more wanna play?

:mellow:

You said you didn't think you'd seen a prediction league on here before, I'm offended you haven't heard of my legendary status, and also haven't read my avatar thoroughly. :P

:laughcont: Ahhh... I do apologise.

But then clearly you missed the ".../recently", and didn't check my join date thoroughly...  :thumbsup:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY THREAD LIVE

Something already raised/noticed in that thread...

a) Would people prefer home/away scoreline arrangement (as I've done), or always put City's score first?

b) How do people feel about hedged bets? (i.e. predicting Wednesday to win, but then scoreline to be Wed 1-2 City). Clever tactics, or outlawed? I'm leaning towards requiring consistency, but this is a democracy.

Right.

I'm off for the weekend now, ridiculously, and am unlikely to have any internet.

Luton thread will be brought to you on Monday. Meanwhile, get predicting Saturday's match if you haven't already, and I look forward to seeing all those City 5-0 predictions get maximum points.

Mange tout!

FIRST RESULTS IN

Thank you for your patience.

A shame we didn't win, but at least I got the slight joy of reading Nogbad's prediction, closing my eyes, and imagining it was real (yes, he predicted a draw, but it was so wonderfully detailed it was about more than the result).

Anyway, after the opening match of this season, and with an important contribution from the BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTION - 3 people got within 25 of the attendance, top work - the fledgling #GOTIB15to16CPL table is as follows:

2prhb7t.jpg

Plus a lot of people on zero points, scuppered by optimism.

30 of us benefitted from a shared pessimism.

No goal timings were correct, while only four people named a scorer correctly (no FGS).

Biggest point gainer was the half-time scoreline, with 34 people correctly going for a goalless first 45.

Any queries, let me know, but I'm pretty sure it's all correct.

Luton thread to come.

HOLY CUP EXIT, BATMAN

I haven't read anything elsewhere on the forum since the defeat, and I probably don't want to.

Instead, we should all concentrate on the fact that people have got points.

Yay, points!

Once again, the BONUS EXTRA FUN-TIME PREDICTION played an important part, although this time the goalscorers category was the most productive.

Meanwhile, nobody predicted the scoreline (predictably), and already we're down to just two people who can get a 100% record when it comes to results.

We have the first correct time of goal prediction (congrats to cheshire_red) but are yet to nail down a first goalscorer of the match.

Enough of the detail. Here's the table:

f3uiaa.jpg

HLR making a bit of an early break for it at the top, helped in no small part to the 71.4% of his points that have come via the #BEFTP, but in contrast BCFC Jordan is hot on his heels despite no #BEFTP points thus far, being one of the two players to have a 100% result record (the other being Dogbert).

It's hotting up, and I for one am wearing too many clothes.

On to Saturday!

Where are my bloody points for the bonus section. I was only one minute off, and I got the correct bloody substitution! :grr:

Umm...  :blink:

First sub 67 mins. Agard for Kodja

Spot on for the sub at 67 minutes...

But it wasn't the first one...

(58', Burns on for Fredericks)

Sorry  :thumbsup: 

Archived