IGNORED

The Great Otib 2015/16 Championship Prediction League Thread Of Glory

RedYoshi

EXAMPLE POLL  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How do I get BEFTP points?

Ha - it's the extra predictions I put in for each match. So for Sheff Wed it was guess the attendance, tonight was guess the timing of our first substitution.

Just include it in a post within the prediction thread for each match.

Plenty of time to make up the ground, especially if you continue your 100% result record (on which note: can you please predict City to win for the next one? Thanks).

Ha - it's the extra predictions I put in for each match. So for Sheff Wed it was guess the attendance, tonight was guess the timing of our first substitution.

Just include it in a post within the prediction thread for each match.

Plenty of time to make up the ground, especially if you continue your 100% result record (on which note: can you please predict City to win for the next one? Thanks).

Ah, I see. Serves me right for just doing the poll and not looking at the post itself. :P

That'll teach me not to be chasing the kitten in from the garden whilst the game is on - apologies!

All good. I did initially think you were entirely right, especially as I didn't actually have your sub guess noted down, so was fully prepared to be making swift amends.

Fortunately, luck was on my side...!

Seriously love this Red Yoshi but am amazed at how you'll find the time to keep it up. Doffing of a hat to you sir.

I mainly work in schools, so have a fair bit more free time at the moment. Keep the doffing of hats 'til mid November at least...

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Apparently applicable to the referee today, that chant may also be directed towards myself after these latest results.

A possible flaw in the scoring system has been discovered as many people who predicted entirely the wrong result ended up gaining more points than those who correctly predicted we'd lose - again.

However, I'm gonna stick with it, 'cos a) it's a lighthearted piece of nonsense so doesn't really matter, b) I quite like the fact that it gives everyone a chance, even if you massively screw up on one category, and c) I can't be bothered to alter the system and then go back and change results.

If anyone's massively offended by this, then I might bother, but I probably won't.

Excellent. Now that that's cleared up, here are the latest standings:

wbxyrs.jpg

Only top 75, as 68 people are on 1 point each, and then 70 on 0.

If you want to know your position/points, just ask.

Dogbert storms into the lead, despite losing his 100% result record, courtesy of a full #BEFTP quota.

He also benefitted from the most productive category in this game, which had never previously been called correctly: First Goalscorer. A whopping 44 people received the 2 points on offer (only one of whom - Jonbristol - plumped for a Brentford win [narrowly missing out on the scoreline as well having gone for 2-3]).

Nogbad the Bad stormed up to 3rd thanks in no small part to the Wildcard prediction (MKD 0-1 PNE), with only him and Aaron-Bcfc managing to nail the scoreline exactly.

While no full 100% records remain, Aaron-Bcfc is one of 33 to have a personal 100% record on results (i.e. haven't predicted every match, but have done so correctly when they have).

Many of those have only predicted one match, but Show Me The Money!Gilts, and stuBS35 make up the rest of the quartet to maintain it through 2 matches.

Also: TippsTipps69. I'm so utterly confused that I've left you out currently, until I receive confirmation as to whether you are one or two people. Let me know and I can input results appropriately.. At the moment, though, I'm stumped like a poor, overly ambitious batsman, and am also undecided how to approach your wonderfully wild scattergun predictions for today's match, you renegade(s).

Think that's all for now.

By golly, I do waffle.

Oh, also, mods: is there a specific time that would be good to set as a deadline for predictions (particularly before home matches) so that someone is around to lock the thread?

No worries if you don't have definite routines etc, and sorry for being so much hassle! Many thanks :)

(Of course, you could just grant me the powers... Mwahahahahaha.)

I did? What for? :D

Correctly predicted a goal on 23'. Sure, it was for Ayling's goal in a 1-0 win, but that's the beauty of splitting up categories. Huzzah!

Red Yoshi, if you keep this up all season you'd deserve the forum poster of the year award for me. Tho think you go too far pointing out all of people's inconsistencies between what they vote amd what they put in a post. You could just say any inconsistencies result in 0 points.

Aw shucks. "If" being the operative word there...

And yes, a good point. I hope it doesn't come across too militant.. I've mostly got my tongue firmly in my cheek when saying, well, pretty much anything, and generally I'm just trying to make sure I get things right as opposed to pointing out other people's mistakes. But you're right, it might be a bit too much. Will bear it in mind! Definitely like the idea that any inconsistencies render it void.. Much simpler, haha.

Glad you're enjoying it, anyway :)

Ah ok, nice one. But hey, you know, some people need their hand holding ;).

Guess there's a part of me that worries the mistakes are because I've made it too confusing or what have you, so have been giving the benefit of the doubt, but will start to get less accommodating from now.

Cheers fella (that damn other thread really makes me think I'm insulting you now - I'm not, I use it all the time)!

POINT(S), POINT(S), GLORIOUS POINT(S).

As our team lurch off the mark, roaring back into contention with their never say die attitude, the make up of the prediction league also lurched around a lot in the last few minutes of the match.

From just the two people who predicted a 0-2 loss, to the 13 who went for 1-2, before finally settling somewhere in the middle with the six correct 2-2 predictors, it was ruddy tense, I can tell you.

I can also tell you that nobody predicted a goal in the 95th minute, but boy do I love some unpredictability right now.

In fact, nobody predicted any of the goal timings correctly, although Coxy27 and I combined to be a single minute too early for each of the first 3 goals.

Anyway, now all the prophetic dust has settled, this is how the top 75 looks:

i1k6rn.jpg

HLR leapfrogs Dogbert into the lead, entirely thanks to Aden Flint, and in doing so becomes the first to reach double figures.

Meanwhile, Robbored snoozes his way up the leaderboard, collecting the largest haul of points from this evening's match, thanks to a correct scoreline and a Flint goal. Palmers Green RedMaverickTheBritishP'head Redlambo, and Show Me The Money! complete the successful scoreline spotters.

That means, of course, that Show Me The Money! extends his correct result run to 3 out of 3, along with Aaron-Bcfc, but Gilts is another who has Flint to thank for losing that record.

Generally, though, Flint was a hero to most (obviously), with his equaliser adding a total of 15 points to the night's haul.

"What of the #BEFTP?!", I hear you cry.

Well, three people (myself, Reddie The Eagle Edwards, and BcfcAllen) rightly went for seven yellow cards in total, with Reddie The Eagle Edwards even nailing the distribution of those between the two teams. With nobody guessing who received the first, nor at what time, all other points came due to City receiving two yellows, with 15 benefitting from Fredericks and Hamer's recklessness.

There are 16 more people on 2 points, a shed load on 1 point, and a warehouse load on 0 points.

Of that warehouse load, BCFCjay and New2City have the unenviable record of predicting every match thus far but not getting a single thing right.

Be proud, guys. Someone's gotta lose, and you may as well do it in style. Long way to go yet, though.

Middlesbrough thread up later. Sheesh. Did someone mention an international break?

I'm very happy to have gotten the score line wrong with Flint's goal

Oh yes. I'd be happy for any amount of City goals to leave me on 0 points for the rest of the campaign.

Like City themselves I think I got off the mark tonight!

Think you got off the mark against Brentford, in fact... But another point tonight puts you on 2 (and in 91st place).

Oh yes. I'd be happy for any amount of City goals to leave me on 0 points for the rest of the campaign.

Think you got off the mark against Brentford, in fact... But another point tonight puts you on 2 (and in 91st place).

So you're predicting 0-0 for the rest of the season? :fear:

Sadly, by the time I got on I had missed the deadline, but feel I got the interview right in the 'excuses ready' thread, predicting what SC would say.

If we had taken our chances better, and defended better for their goals, the score would have been better.

2-2 my guess.

I too was too late, logged in 20 mins before KO, is there any reason why it is locked before KO?

Apologies - but yeah, as hodge has said, mods etc. aren't guaranteed to be around to do so at KO, so needs to happen sometime before.

If I'm about at KO, then I can just take note of who has voted etc. at that time and ignore anything that comes after (thus not needing it to be locked) but tonight was one of those when I wasn't about for the start of the match unfortunately.

I do include the deadline in the first post of each match thread, and it'll normally be between an hour to two hours before KO. There's also an element of locking it pre-team sheets, so as to not give people an added advantage of definitely knowing the line up.

If there's a general consensus that KO would be a better deadline, then I can try and make sure that's the case when logistically possible, but basically just keep an eye out for the deadline when the thread first appears! Tends to be up at least 2 days before the match..

Sorry you missed out this time though!

Archived