IGNORED

The Great Otib 2015/16 Championship Prediction League Thread Of Glory

RedYoshi

EXAMPLE POLL  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yay.....40th.....climbing the table like City

I can now inform you that you have in fact risen to 39th.

Turns out Tipps69 and Tipps are indeed one and the same (despite some divergence on the prediction front), so everyone from 12th downwards gets bumped up one place.

Citybs3 therefore completes the top 75. Wahoo!

I can now inform you that you have in fact risen to 39th.

Turns out Tipps69 and Tipps are indeed one and the same (despite some divergence on the prediction front), so everyone from 12th downwards gets bumped up one place.

Citybs3 therefore completes the top 75. Wahoo!

Who is last po? I wanna know how little distance i need to fall. I mean position.

Who is last po? I wanna know how little distance i need to fall. I mean position.

Well there are 113 people with 0 points.

Thus, without any success in any of the categories providing us with "prediction goal difference", we come down to number of games predicted...

Which leaves us with poor old BCFCjay in 297th position, having played 5 games (otherwise known as every single game) without any joy.

This approach then leaves you in joint 273rd position, by the way.

Well there are 113 people with 0 points.

Thus, without any success in any of the categories providing us with "prediction goal difference", we come down to number of games predicted...

Which leaves us with poor old BCFCjay in 297th position, having played 5 games (otherwise known as every single game) without any joy.

This approach then leaves you in joint 273rd position, by the way.

Oh no.. thats a tragedy. I was 186th a couple days ago; I have fallen down the league standings without a ball being kicked. Thats just pants.

its all temporary though; the Hav is gonna rise. ;)

PAUZĂ - UNTERBRECHUNG - ப்ரேக் - AVBROTT - EGWYL - ONDERBREKING - הפסקה - ISTIRAHAT - RECÉS - SZÜNET - үзіліс - HLÉ - MAPUMZIKO - แบ่ง - INTERRUZIONE

Geddit?

While it may be the football international break this weekend, I had my personal international break last weekend, and thus thought I'd bring you the overdue results from last weekend, this weekend.

Once again, optimism has kicked us in the delicates. Our predictions may have left us with the largest win:loss ratio thus far, but reality merely delivered us a 3rd defeat.

However, in guessing land, we had the highest percentage of participants gain points (woohoo), leaving the table looking a little something like this:

96j1ol.jpg

@hodge storms up from 10th to top the table, gaining six points thanks to a correct scoreline and three #BEFTP points.

Also turning last week's match into a six pointer were @Ian M and @ExiledAjax, who both plundered an impressive FIVE #BEFTP points (plus a goalscorer and goal timing respectively).

All of ExiledAjax's five #BEFTP points even came courtesy of just the one goal (Keane's), thanks to this description:

Corner(1) from the Dolman Side(2), [Flint rises above Mee like a salmon] and nods a header(3) to the centre of the goal(4), a foot below the bar(5). [Heaton flapping.]

Hopefully that illustrates where points were available, and I should also point out that each description only became eligible for points if the main goal type (i.e. header/right foot/left foot) was correct, so don't go complaining if you think you should've got a point for "...from a corner" if the preceding words were "an incredible overhead kick..." all right?!

Yeah, I'm looking at you.

If you genuinely believe you were cheated out of points, lemme know, and I can either adjust or explain.

Meanwhile, @diffy nailed the main thrust of the prediction, becoming only the second person to correctly predict the result, scoreline, and half-time scoreline, while @Dogbert and @old_eastender were the other two to plump for a 1-2 defeat.

With @Spike, @Redman91bcfc, @hooered, and @Orbital completing the 8 to back Burnley, it can only mean one thing...

@Show Me The Money!'s 100% record is gone.

It was fun while it lasted.

Four in a row is now the record to beat.

Most other points this week came courtesy of Kodjia getting on the scoresheet, with those who predicted any form of header also bumping up their totals.

Special mention to @Jersey Bristolian, whose belief in City's comeback abilities saw a correct half-time prediction of 0-2 despite a 3-2 final score, but I leave you with slightly sadder news...

6 games. 0 points. Oh @BCFCjay.

It's coming, I can taste it - but then I predicted that we'd win, so what do I know?

MISTAKE ALERT.

Just realised that I screwed up a bit in the Brentford game, and cheated six people out of one of their rightful #BEFTP points.

Apologies to @Nogbad the Bad, @Ian M, @ExiledAjax, @bissellredhead, @DownendRed97, and @KwoodCiderNut87, but I have now rectified the situation and adjusted the table as necessary. I know how worried you all were.

Don't say I never do anything for ya.

8th to 6th without even doing anything Ian! Well on course.

11bqe07.jpg

This is absolutely quality Yoshi, the amount of time and effort you must put into this is amazing, keep up the good work :D

Yeah, his diligence and attention to detail has dropped me down a place so thanks for that, not! :grr:

Serously, thanks for making me laugh Yoshi, it's sort of helping with the on field results at the moment. 

Yeah, his diligence and attention to detail has dropped me down a place so thanks for that, not! :grr:

Serously, thanks for making me laugh Yoshi, it's sort of helping with the on field results at the moment. 

Well his diligence hasn't even put me on the list.  Although this is likely because I have 0 points which I can't understand as I forecast the Burnley score perfectly (apart from number of goals and winning team).

Dropped myself down a place too - doubt I'll hear the end of it.

Well his diligence hasn't even put me on the list.  Although this is likely because I have 0 points which I can't understand as I forecast the Burnley score perfectly (apart from number of goals and winning team).

Haha. I was actually rather tempted to give you a #BEFTP point for your Burnley goal prediction of "undeserved", but ended up deciding it may have been a bit...um...what's the word? ;)

That said, you did gain one point thanks to Kodjia's goal - but that only puts you in joint 176th at the moment. Only way is up!

And it's an absolute pleasure, guys. Glad you're enjoying it. Although I'm enjoying it plenty enough, so even if you weren't I wouldn't care.. :P 

I keep forgetting to predict, I'm not even sure how many times I have made a prediction

Ha - you've predicted 4 games so far (2 points per game, not too shabby!). Missed the Luton and Middlesbrough games.

Birmingham thread up and running - don't forget this time! That'd be madness, I tell you, madness!

BCFC WIN.

We knew they would.

Well, 60 of us did, only the majority of those chose the wrong BCFC.

Interestingly, however, the highest point scorer of the week didn't think either BCFC would win...

e6suas.jpg

That's right: for the second match running, @hodge comes top of the pile, extending his lead at the summit courtesy of the correct FGS, two more goalscorers, a goal timing, and a spot on Wildcard prediction. While becoming the third person to gain 7 points in one match (the others being @Dogbert and @Nogbad the Bad against Brentford), he has also now become the first competitor to gain points in absolutely every category.

Has anyone seen a gauntlet? @hodge put one down here somewhere...

The stealthy @Welcome To The Jungle, who is quietly but diligently climbing the table, and @Nogbad the Bad remain within touching distance thanks to 3 #BEFTP points, a total also achieved by @Northern Cider Ed and @Thatchers and City.

@citywest30 was the only person to call Kodjia's brace, and was another to nail the Wildcard, along with @Woodsy@Red rum@HLR, and @UK0wnag3.

All these points without even mentioning the 14 who chose the correct BCFC...

@ExiledAjax and @redmelsh were the most productive of those, gaining 5 points each, with @Super and @Cider_boy a point behind. All four were boosted by their tipping of Donaldson for FGS, while @Gilts topped the best of the rest with 3 points.

@Septic Peg@Dogbert (both 2), @billywedlock@Robert the bruce@JBFC II@MSN Red@BCFClondon@old_eastender, and @bcfctim (all 1) complete the set of soothsayers.

And at the opposite end, @BCFCjay keeps doing what he does best. Making that 335th position your own.

#StatOfTheDay: this was the first match for which there were no correct HT or FT scoreline predictions.

Of course, this will all have changed in 20 hours...

HOLD THE PRESS!

@BCFCjay has scored some points.

I repeat: @BCFCjay has scored some points.

Not just any old points, either: nailed the scoreline and everything.

That's virtually all there is to say about that...

oiun8n.jpg

Just look at him there in 58th place. Never been prouder.

@hodge's lead is now up to 5 points thanks to a scoreline clean sweep, as well as a #BEFTP point, but the night's winner was @bcfctim who added an 81st minute goal prediction to hodge's haul.

@Major Isewater was the other to correctly forecast both the full and half-time scorelines, his first major (geddit?) points of the league, while @Dollymarie@Tipps69@napper@Alessandro@reddogkev, and @Nogbad the Bad were the others to have Wilbraham to thank for a bang on scoreline.

@Ian M and @havanatopia also have Wilbraham to thank, as he gained them both a goalscorer point (havana's first of the season), but no-one managed to correctly predict the first goalscorer - surprisingly enough.

Ruddy Kilkenny.

In addition, Ian M's guess of 26 shots in the match was the closest to the actual 28, and he was one of 10 to gain a point due to team totals. @citywest30 was the only person to amass two from the #BEFTP, getting both teams' shots on target spot on.

@Welcome To The Jungle's solitary #BEFTP point saw him just about cling on to his record of scoring at least a point on every match so far. As it happens, that record is also shared by myself, and I also maintained it by the skin of my teeth thanks to Kilkenny's 50th minute goal.

Love you, Kilkenny.

The night really belongs to @BCFCjay, though. After a run of 7 games with no luck, you broke your duck in style.

Obviously, that means someone else is now bottom, with 0 points.

@redsquirrel. 5 games and counting. The record's there for the taking.

Not wishing to be pedantic or question your scoring but would BCFCjay not actually be in equal 54th?

Could I please have an update as to how far below the top 75 I am since I picked up a point yesterday I must be cruising along nicely now ;)

Nice job Yoshi.. I marvel at the time and effort and am sure you have a decent spreadsheet going now.

I love this scoring system. Can never work it out so there's always hope coming into this thread you've got a big load of points! (Don't know how you do for hundreds Yoshi, insane effort that goes into this thing) Think that's the first score I've got right all season and somehow I'm 6th :laugh: 

• Admin

I love this scoring system. Can never work it out so there's always hope coming into this thread you've got a big load of points! (Don't know how you do for hundreds Yoshi, insane effort that goes into this thing) Think that's the first score I've got right all season and somehow I'm 6th :laugh: 

I'm in the same boat as you, I put in a prediction, get it wrong & seem to pick up some points anyway and find myself sitting just below Welcome To The Jungle on MPD (Mystery Points Difference) in 4th, slightly balding & with an expanding waistline, but sitting there nonetheless.

I'm in the same boat as you, I put in a prediction, get it wrong & seem to pick up some points anyway and find myself sitting just below Welcome To The Jungle on MPD (Mystery Points Difference) in 4th, slightly balding & with an expanding waistline, but sitting there nonetheless.

only cos that Yoshi could be bribed with that penny you stole, I saw you. If I had known that I would have offered by 2p coin instead of tossing it and calling heads. I would not have slipped down 3 places then *sulks*

Archived