IGNORED

The Great Otib 2015/16 Championship Prediction League Thread Of Glory

RedYoshi

EXAMPLE POLL  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wasn't complaining, does it even need to be closed? Is there no way of knowing what time the prediction was made just in case some scally does so during the match.

Unfortunately, timings don't come up on the poll.. They obviously do on posts, but it's much easier to collate the main info from a poll basically.

In all honesty, I can't imagine many people being bothered enough to try and cheat, as well as trusting most people to be decent in general, but it's just to stay on the safe side..

As I said, can probably extend to KO on away games, and when I'm around at KO (thus no need to lock), but it's just for ease more than anything.

And realise it's not a complaint - completely valid point.

I assume people wouldn't be bothered if some people know the line-up before predicting..?

HE'S WON OF OUR OWN.

See what I did there?

That's right, we only went and bloody won the match the fewest of us were expecting to win so far.

Those hardy optimistic souls (a fair few of whom have only ever predicted a City win) have been rewarded handsomely, and the rest of us couldn't care less that we got it wrong.

Here's your top 75:

vfhyxt.jpg

Despite not once correctly predicting the result of any of our matches, Nogbad the Bad reaches the summit, thanks to the eighth minute goal and his second wildcard success.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, Show Me The Money continues his perfect record, with 4 out of 4 league games spot on, yet inexplicably drops down 3 places - get involved in the #BEFTP SMTM, you're doing yourself a disservice!

It certainly helped out Tipps69, whose total injury time was a mere 2 seconds away from perfect and, combined with Fulham's 1-1 draw, saw him plunder 5 points from the match. I am the mole, meanwhile, correctly went for 2mins in the 1st half and 5 in the 2nd, but scuppered himself on the total thanks to the number of seconds taking it up to well over 8mins.

New2City managed to halt that unwanted barren run in style, jumping up to the top 50 with the correct scoreline, although unfortunately BCFCjay extended his to what is now 5 matches without a point.

All that really matters, of course, is that we won. Who'd have predicted that, hey?!

To cover a couple of things I missed in the match thread...

Sorry Yosh but what exactly looks 'ruddy gorgeous' ? 

1. The view into Boro?
2. Agards behind?
3. The predictions?

1. Depends on the angle.

2. Of course.

3. Not the predictions themselves, they were generally quite a downer, but the way in which they were presented.

You know, the written version of "it's not what you said, but the way you said it".

Demonstrated in its extreme here:

Middlesbrough 3 - 1 BristolCity

(HT 2-0)

Stuani 18

Kike 39

Kodjia 71

Adomah 83

1st half Stoppage: 01:08

2nd half Stoppage: 04:11

Total Stoppage: 05:19

Fulham 1 Huddersfield 1

Dear lord, that's just another level.

The bar keeps being raised so high that soon it'll be really easy to score a goal - but decidedly tricky to convert a try.

I want to play... will post in the Burnley prediction thread in the week but I reckons... City 1 Burnley 1. Flint 11th minute. HT score 1-0 City.

Woop!

If I don't see you pop up in the Burnley thread I'll try and remember it's here.

Even more excitingly, this makes you the 299th person to take part.. Who's going to be our 300th?

To cover a couple of things I missed in the match thread...

1. Depends on the angle.

2. Of course.

3. Not the predictions themselves, they were generally quite a downer, but the way in which they were presented.

You know, the written version of "it's not what you said, but the way you said it".

Demonstrated in its extreme here:

Dear lord, that's just another level.

The bar keeps being raised so high that soon it'll be really easy to score a goal - but decidedly tricky to convert a try.

Thanks for your answers Yosh all fully noted :)

I am glad my prediction was rather more accurate than Ian's downer. I did say 0-1 although, since i have thread starter privilege, i did throw in 1-1 as a possible alternative. We can forget about that one though.

Although after saying all of that this is the first i have heard of this prediction league. Where have i been and where to find it?

I'll be the 300th! Keep forgetting to give it a go!! 

Splendid! Keep an eye out for Burnley thread from tomorrow onwards...

Thanks for your answers Yosh all fully noted :)

I am glad my prediction was rather more accurate than Ian's downer. I did say 0-1 although, since i have thread starter privilege, i did throw in 1-1 as a possible alternative. We can forget about that one though.

Although after saying all of that this is the first i have heard of this prediction league. Where have i been and where to find it?

Ah, shame you didn't get your 0-1 in on the prediction thread... And are you sure you've never heard of it? 'Cos you've still managed to take part twice...  :laughcont:  (without success unfortunately, going for City wins v Sheffield Wednesday & Brentford, putting you joint 186th)

You also posted the above questions in the Middlesbrough thread but didn't actually vote! Haha..

The Burnley one will be up some time tomorrow (or early Thursday..) - entitled "Prediction League: Burnley (H)". Get involved!

How on earth do I have 6 points? Are they all formatting bonus points or something or nothing?

Haha. As much as I've been tempted to introduce something along those lines, that's not the case - you've actually earned those points fair and square! Two correct goalscorers, two #BEFTP points, and a wildcard scoreline.

How the hell have I only got 4!! I thought we'd agreed this Yoshi!

Apologies, but your cheque bounced...  :fear:

Joint 3rd my friend. I'm not accepting 4th!

While that's true, you have technically been pushed down to 4th by the prediction equivalent of goal difference... Oh yes, this shit is detailed.  ;)

Seeing your reply above Dear Yoshi, I'm wondering if by changing my name to AuburnM I could climb up the table alphabetically perhaps?

Haha.. Well seeing as Welcome To The Jungle is above you, while Coxy27 is the lowest placed of those on 9 points, I would hope you'd have realised my criteria are not as primitive as that :P

Get a half-time score correct while WTTJ gets a single #BEFTP point, however, and you're in business...

No idea how I have 5 points!

#BEFTP is your friend. (Plus 2 points for a correct FGS.)

Is this for the Burnley match? it doesn't say.. just asking like.  :sub:

Nope - there'll be a separate thread for that tomorrow.

This is the general thread where I post the updated table after each match, and associated meaningless trivia about said table. It also contains the general overview & rules (see first post), which also states there will be a separate thread for each match on the preceding Wednesday...  :thumbsup:

I was gutted by the first yellow card not being Sol Bamba when we played Leeds. I actually researched that and found he'd been booked every game.

Brilliant.

Ah, shame you didn't get your 0-1 in on the prediction thread... And are you sure you've never heard of it? 'Cos you've still managed to take part twice...  :laughcont:  (without success unfortunately, going for City wins v Sheffield Wednesday & Brentford, putting you joint 186th)

You also posted the above questions in the Middlesbrough thread but didn't actually vote! Haha..

The Burnley one will be up some time tomorrow (or early Thursday..) - entitled "Prediction League: Burnley (H)". Get involved!

You are funny!

I must be getting a bit of the old dementia.. it happens when you hit 40.. well it apparently does with me lolz!

OK my question in previous thread i c is answered about when.. Salamat mucho po. :)

Points awarded as follows:

Correct result: 1 point.

Correct scoreline: 2 points.

First goalscorer: 2 points.

Other goalscorers: 1 point each, 2 point bonus if all correct (extra bonus point if specified order).

Goal timings: 1 point each, 2 point bonus if all correct.

Half-time scoreline: 1 point.

FULL HOUSE 5 POINT BONUS

Ang aking kasiyahan.

Archived