IGNORED

The Great Otib 2015/16 Championship Prediction League Thread Of Glory

RedYoshi

EXAMPLE POLL  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got my weekly point in the bag already. Pressure on now :thumbsup:

Haha.. It's very bunched up, so don't you worry. Don't quite have an "as it stands" table up and running yet, but with my advanced knowledge of mathematics I can tell you that you will have at least 3 points by the end of this game. Which may very well get you on to the published top 75/80 or so, depending on others' results...

whoop whoop...super duper Yosh. :)

im counting 4 city offsides on bbc. is that a point??

if not im changing my name:facepalm:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...but BBC have definitely missed one. Kodjia was the first offside in between our two goals - I was counting them whilst listening, and am 100% certain of that. Otherwise I would normally default to BBC Sport - but in this case Soccerway seems to have it spot on.

Do not fear though! For you chose Kodjia as first goalscorer and, while he wasn't the first, he did score so.... HAVE A RUDDY POINT YOU GLORIOUS SQUIRREL.

Table coming in a bit, but @Septic Peg - you got more than a point I can assure you.. @Ian M can add a #BEFTP point to that.. and @havanatopia, I have a sneaky feeling that you'll be making your first appearance on the published table.

And for removal of doubt, offsides were Ipswich 0-5 City, with Kodjia the first... It was discussed in the chatroom and everyfink, honest guv, so I gots me some witnesses!

Table coming in a bit, but @Septic Peg - you got more than a point I can assure you.. @Ian M can add a #BEFTP point to that.. and @havanatopia, I have a sneaky feeling that you'll be making your first appearance on the published table.

And for removal of doubt, offsides were Ipswich 0-5 City, with Kodjia the first... It was discussed in the chatroom and everyfink, honest guv, so I gots me some witnesses!

Yes Yosh cos I got Kodjia 1st offside and 0-0 at HT... ;)

WELL, WELL, WELL.

So much change. So little time.

From streaks coming to an end, to new records being set, via our team coming agonisingly close to a second win.

And in the middle of it all, @redsquirrel wards off the ghost of @BCFCjay.

2ccrorq.jpg

First major change, as you can see, is @hodge's run at the top being stopped by @Nogbad the Bad's triumphant return to the summit. A whopping 7 points for Nogbad saw to that (scoreline, both of City's goalscorers, and two #BEFTP points) while hodge received just the one #BEFTP

Our first "six pointer", if you will...

Most #BEFTP success was also in the singular, with 18 people joining hodge, and @citywest30 and @Woodsy were the only others to join Nogbad's double club.

Perhaps most surprisingly is that none of those 18 people were @ExiledAjax. His #BEFTP run ends at 7, which is now immediately under threat thanks to @Gilts' success putting him on 6 consecutive games (with citywest30 and @Dollymarie just one game behind that).

Dolly also takes over the current streak of results, with 3 in a row, along with @Septic Peg@bcfctim and @Dogbert both missed the chance to equal @Show Me The Money!'s record of 4... Over to you, girls.

Septic Peg added the scoreline, Kodjia's goal, and a #BEFTP point to accumulate 5 points for the match, with @MigratedRobin - on debut - completing the scoreline trio (with Freeman's fortune adding a 4th point).

citywest30, @Ian M@Major Isewater@Davefevs@havanatopia@napper, and @Slippin cider were the others to go for a draw, with all adding either the half-time scoreline, a goalscorer, a #BEFTP, or a mixture of the three to their hauls.

The highest scoring person to not predict a draw was, in fact, yours truly - 5 points that included a perfectly predicted 53rd minute Freeman goal*. I thank you. Of course, @Welcome To The Jungle wasn't gonna sit idly by and let me have the consistency record on my own though, holding on to that title thanks to Kodjia's goal.

@Tipps69, meanwhile, was the only person to forecast Hull and Blackburn's 1-1 draw, helping him to 3 points and drawing him level with Nogbad on two correct wildcard predictions. And bcfctim, despite missing out on the result record, did set a new half-time record, notching up his 3rd in a row.

Last, but by no means least (and indeed no longer last), redsquirrel avoided equalling BCFCjay's record, with a big "merci" to Kodjia. This sees @BRIAN WILSON take over at the bottom, with 5 barren games. Interestingly, though, there is another challenging BCFCjay's run of 7 without a point: @Coombsy. While he does have a single point, it was received against Brentford and has subsequently been followed by 6 scoreless games. Squeaky bum time.

The most important point, of course, went to our boys in red. Even Adam Virgo thought we should have won.

*There really should be bonus point for getting both the scorer and time right... But hey, I literally made the rules, so can't complain.

Nice write up there Yoshi... on the board at last. If only i was as good as the Rugby sweepstakes out here.. 3rd in the table from 70 participants.. we all got last nights result wrong mind even if mine was the mirror image of reality. England got it all to do against OZ now.. erhummm.. back to the real game.. keep up the good work. :)

Woop woop! Top 20! And 3 matches in a row with @Dollymarie. We should really go down the bookies. Looks like we have a hidden talent... let's get rich baby! 

just to say I'm missing Saturday's game, only my 8th home game missed in 9 years. So if we suddenly start playing brilliantly and win, I take it I need to ban myself from AG yes? 

just to say I'm missing Saturday's game, only my 8th home game missed in 9 years. So if we suddenly start playing brilliantly and win, I take it I need to ban myself from AG yes? 

I know someone else who will be missing, bugered off to The Dominican Republic. If we get a win she will have to stay there, can't see her protesting too much mind.

I know someone else who will be missing, bugered off to The Dominican Republic. If we get a win she will have to stay there, can't see her protesting too much mind.

I sincerely hope someone advised her to absolutely avoid tap water, salad and fruit. If not likely she will stay out there longer than planned for all the wrong reasons.

I sincerely hope someone advised her to absolutely avoid tap water, salad and fruit. If not likely she will stay out there longer than planned for all the wrong reasons.

She has been out there several times before so I guess she knows the pitfalls. She also tends to go fully inclusive and not leave the hotel for the whole time anyway, other than to and from the airport. Can't see the point of that myself.

She has been out there several times before so I guess she knows the pitfalls. She also tends to go fully inclusive and not leave the hotel for the whole time anyway, other than to and from the airport. Can't see the point of that myself.

Nope me neither. I lived there for about 18 months many moons ago. The countryside is phenomenal. In some ways more verdant and interesting than Cuba.

could n't agree more, if it's just to stay in the hotel may as well go to Weston .

Maybe he's jacked it off and done a runner with the prize money.....There is prize money, right?

Not anymore there isn't... :fear:

Sorry, will be with you all this evening - a bit of an eventful weekend following the match, so haven't had a chance. I'll just let the extreme suspense build a little longer...

Sorry, will be with you all this evening - a bit of an eventful weekend following the match, so haven't had a chance. I'll just let the extreme suspense build a little longer...

hopefully jonny koj and the fulham score got me a few this week:yawn:

Hope everything is ok with you. Take all the time you need, remember this is just a fun game and in the scheme of things  not important....

...Have you sussed out I'm not feeling I have done well so not in a hurry for the results!

• Admin

Realised I had the 90th minute down as a goal time too. I knew there was method in Cotts not subbing off the knackered Little earlier. 

THANK KOD.

Not only is he basically the only player scoring for us at the moment, he's also - well - the only player scoring for us.

Of the 131 prediction points gained this week, a whopping 82 of them were thanks to Kodjia.

50% of our league goals, and 62.6% of this week's points.

Thank Kod indeed.

10xg03b.jpg

@Tipps69 is this week's overall winner, storming up to 6th from 12th, with inevitable thanks to Kodjia, as well as a correct scoreline and, therefore, the correct number of goals for the #BEFTP.

@BS30 Reds was the only other to see the 1-1 coming (despite most of us seeing it coming for the entire 2nd half), although @Septic Peg@Woodsy, and @brad blit used their alternative scoreline wisely.

A single #BEFTP for the correct number of goals also found its way to @Super@Mamballs@zummerzet red@BigTone@Jevans, and @Cider red - and I feel an apology is owed to @Dollymarie who, despite putting 1-1 as her alternative scoreline, was deemed ineligible due to her 3 goal original scoreline prediction. Sorry, Dolls, but rules is rules.

Speaking of Dolly, she and Septic Peg missed their chance to equal the record result streak, both plumping for a City win (even more reason to be frustrated at the final whistle) - although they did each benefit from a correct half-time scoreline and the Kodjia goal. Septic Peg's #BEFTP points also see her take over that current streak, as @Gilts couldn't quite convert to equal the record of 7. While Septic Peg is now on 5 (a success in every one of her games thus far), the next closest is Woodsy on 3, so it seems @ExiledAjax's mark will stand for some time yet.

Among those who had Kodjia to thank for being first goalscorer was @Cider_boy who, in doing so, became the most successful FGS predictor of the season thus far - twice Kodjia, as well as Donaldson for Birmingham, and Blackman for Reading.

Meanwhile, @redsquirrel celebrated no longer being pointless with a correct wildcard prediction, with @Nogbad the Bad also forecasting a 2-2 draw between Charlton and Fulham to consolidate his lead at the top.

@bcfctim's half-time run came to an end, but he rediscovered his result mojo, along with @mozo@HLR@old_eastender@Parkwaymom, and @jackofromrugby - the latter two on debut.

18 players did correctly predict us being 1-0 ahead at half-time, however, amongst them @BCFCjay (putting his infamous start behind him to rise to 43rd) and @Ian M, who is also now on an unprecedented run of 6 games in which he's correctly predicted at least one goalscorer (unfortunately, Ian, I couldn't give you that 90th minute goal - we'd have needed a +4 included ;)).

Talking of goalscorers brings us back to Kodjia, and the two who probably owe him the most thanks: myself and @Welcome To The Jungle. That's right, our personal battle goes on, as Kodjia's goal gave us each a solitary point to continue our 100% production.

Now let's just hope that City's point production can get near that percentage.

Onwards and upwards, as they say.

Septic Peg's #BEFTP points also see her take over that current streak, as @Gilts couldn't quite convert to equal the record of 7. While Septic Peg is now on 5 (a success in every one of her games thus far), the next closest is Woodsy on 3, so it seems @ExiledAjax's mark will stand for some time yet.

@RedYoshi Thanks Yoshers!

@ExiledAjax I'm coming for you pal!

Archived