IGNORED

The Great Otib 2015/16 Championship Prediction League Thread Of Glory

RedYoshi

EXAMPLE POLL  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Shame - although perhaps a blessing in disguise for the half-time record. Derby thread will be up tomorrow, I'm on it. Get on it. The troops are on fire. You know I need it, much closer, I'm trading just a little more. Step on it, electronic. The troops are on fire. I'm much deeper, a sleeper. Waiting for the final trip.

Sorry, got a bit carried away...

4 hours ago, Red rum said:

Ah, c'mon, we got out backs to the wall.

Watch out, you're gonna kill us all.

Is that the lyrics to a popular music 45? 

Well, Merry Christmas you bunch of reprobates.

Threads are out for the next three games, due to a lack of guarantee that I'll be around enough to sort them out closer to the time. Should also give you all the opportunity to get them out the way and then concentrate on the important acts of festive frolics.

Like falling over, or saying something rude to a family member.

Updates? Yeah, they'll be around here somewhere. Might have accidentally wrapped them up and put them under my (non-existent) tree, so I'll let you know if they reappear. My sincerest apologies, I know how their absence might ruin Christmas for you, but remember: the #GOTIB15to16CPL is for life, not just for QPR.

Have a splendid day tomorrow. And the day after, to be honest. In fact, just keep having lots of splendid days, as much as you can. But don't go overboard, because then such days become less splendid. Be splendid in moderation, ok?

Splendid.

Merry Predictions, and a Happy New Guess.

On 12/12/2015 at 20:12, RedYoshi said:

UPDATE THREE OF #DOUBLEUPDATEWEEK (IN HONOUR OF DOUGLAS ADAMS' TRILOGY IN FIVE PARTS):

YEP, WE'RE DEFINITELY AWFUL.

Two games. Five goals. None for us.

That's it, may as well give up, I suppose. No chance of beating Huddersfield "next week", is there...? :shifty:

The only winner last week was Blackburn. The other one was @Chivs.

fbex6p.jpg

Before I get to Chivs' achievements, though, we require a moment's silence.

The greatest scoring streak in #GOTIB15to16CPL history is no more.

19 games. 17 goalscorers (including 2 of the 'first' variety). Some other stuff.

Tellingly, no FT scorelines, wild or otherwise.

But one prediction was more prescient than any other:

Yes, the real reason for the delay in all the updates is because I've been crying myself to sleep every night since the unthinkable happened.

Ironically, I could give myself a bonus point for predicting it so accurately, but then that would make it incorrect, and thus I end up in a vicious circle of success and failure.

The run is dead. Long live the run.

On which note, at this point in proceedings, @Davefevs and @cityexile are both on a run of 12 games, while @UK0wnag3 hasn't had any pointless games but has only played 11 so far.

Aim high, gentlemen - unless you're at a urinal.

Enough of my self-indulgent nonsense, I was so close to putting 0-0 as half-time scoreline, I'm an idiot let's move on to the important matter and if they hadn't taken Rhodes off he'd have taken the damn penalty, the idiots at hand - all the points that you guys did get you bastards.

That said, it was actually another quite low scoring week, with just 59 points spreading itself over our prediction toast. Cream does tend to rise to the top in mixed metaphors, however, and out of the thin spread came one of the fastest fish in the ointment.

Result? Check.

Scoreline? Check.

Two seconds away from highlight perfection? Check.

Congrats, @Chivs, your long game might just be paying off. @The Dolman Pragmatist was your partner in crime on the scoreline, but didn't benefit from the #BEFTP, looking up at your 6 points from halfway down that particular point ladder. Sadly, the commentary didn't start with "onomatopoeia", though only because there wasn't any bleedin' commentary. Sort it out Bristol Sport! I'm gonna buy a season ticket and send it back. Seriously, that would've been where I got my rightful point, it's just a huge conspiracy against me... Revolt!

Hmm... Maybe, as it was just crowd sounds, it did actually start with onomatopoeia... Interesting...

Moving swiftly on before Chivs' wordplay tricks me into redistributing all the points, two others gained the 3 #BEFTP points on offer for being mere seconds away from the highlight length - @Davefevs went 3 seconds too long, and @Welcome To The Jungle was a devastating single second away with 10:15. Without any points in other categories, they therefore joined The Dolman Pragmatist on a total of 3, along with Blackburn backers @DownendRed97 (a first success), and @Super, who were each within 10 seconds of the highlight length and thus gained 2 #BEFTP points.

Others in the 10 second boat were @bissellredhead and @Ian M, while @cityexile was within 15 seconds for a single point. Again, none scored any other points, but it does put Ian and cityexile on a run of 4 #BEFTP games. Then there were the "half-time timers", with @citywest30 and @Dollymarie 2 and 3 seconds out respectively.

That's where the timing success ends though, as we followed up our record goal timing haul with a complete whiteout. 59' and 86'? Sod off Hanley and Marshall.

In fact - Hanley and Marshall? Sod off.

That's right, I wasn't the only one scuppered by Rhodes' substitution a mere 3 minutes before he would've scored their penalty. Absolutely no one thought Hanley or Marshall would score.

I mean, Hanley and Marshall... Who?

Sod off.

With no one reckoning Forest would beat Fulham 3-0 either, it leaves us with just the result and those who did plump for 0-0 at half-time unlike me 'cos I'm a tosser.

There were 23 successful doom mongers, amongst them @old_eastender (inevitably) - becoming the first to 10 correct results - and three debutants in @Chairman Mao@'keepuplino', and @Offside@hodge also took advantage of @Nogbad the Bad's lack of return to sneak back into second place, and @Alessandro made it 9 point-filled games played to join the throng attempting to overthrow my clearly outstanding - and not at all down to sheer luck - record.

In addition to myself and Nogbad, it wasn't the best of games for others in the top ten, as @Tipps69 and @RedM both had their second scoreless game in a row. Pressure getting to the pacesetters? 6 of the top 10 have gone pointless within the last two games, with only @Ian M@HLR@bcfctim, and @Cider_boy holding their nerve, while these mid-season yips extend to half of the top 20.

Chasing pack: they're there to be shot at.

HLR was the only one of those four to get the half-time scoreline, along with 9 others: @Dogbert, compensating for old_eastender moving ahead on the result stakes; @MigratedRobin, straight back on the half-time horse having missed out on the record; @City169, setting himself up for that very same record next time out; a first for @ChillyTrav@UK0wnag3, to grab that 11th game; and then @hooered, @zummerzet red@lambo, and @EstoniaTallinnRed complete the set.

Having mentioned the struggles at the top, what of @BRIAN WILSON?

Well... he didn't play. Maybe next time... ;)

@MILLAR_D1 does join him on 6 scoreless games, though (maybe there's something in the capitals?), so it's a fight for mediocrity next time out.

For now, though, we merely look forward to it. Or not, seeing as we obviously have no chance of winning.

Sorry, what's that you're saying, Aden..?

:dancing2::dancing2::dancing2:

Now to watch Football League Tonight, with my counting stick.

@Kotsy Here you are fella.

UP NEXT ON OTIB, FROM THE PRODUCERS WHO BROUGHT YOU "DOUBLE UPDATE WEEK" AND "THE WAIT OF INDETERMINATE LENGTH", COMES THE LATEST #GOTIB15to16CPL SAGA, STARRING ALL YOUR FAVOURITE POSTERS, AND EVEN SOME OF YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE.

SETTLE IN. GRAB A BISCUIT. ROLL YOUR EYES.

FOR HERE, GIVING "OVERDUE" A NEW MEANING, IS...

THE LOST TABLES OF MIDSEASON

CHAPTER ONE: ADEN FLINT HAS SPOKEN (v Huddersfield)

On 12/11/2015 at 20:12, RedYoshi said:

Sorry, what's that you're saying, Aden..?

The question was left hanging. It hung over festive periods and managerial changes, like baubles and an old tracksuit.

Finally, the answer:

"We bloody won, Yoshi, didn't we? WE ONLY WENT AND BLOODY WON."

That we did, Aden, that we did. And without a win in over a month at the time, it was much needed. Here's how it left the table... (drumroll, please, for the anticipation has been too much for some)...

evavea.jpg

Unsurprisingly, @Ian M kept hold of top spot, although - with his only success being Kodjia popping the ball in the net first - his 11 point lead was cut to 8 due to my own (far more impressive ;)) performance. Typically, my first scoreline success came after my complete failure.

Stood shoulder to shoulder with me, also gaining six points, were @ExiledAjax, @Tipps69, and @citywest30, with only the latter missing the scoreline (due to that pesky Bunn).

Speaking of Bunn, @Welcome To The Jungle was the only person to predict him scoring, as his tactic of naming 7 scorers every match began to pay off - adding both Kodjia and Flint to the mix, too. This made him one of four to gain 5 points, along with @Red Rum@bcfctim (thanks to the sole goal time of the week), and @hooered - who also joined those of us at the scoreline party.

@Dogbert and @Blazeyrobins were also guests of honour, feasting on the free buffet, as was - at long last - a certain @BRIAN WILSON. Thus, with @MILLAR_D1 missing in action, @BCFCjay's record remains intact. It's becoming increasingly tightly contested, though - everyone wants a taste of noteworthy failure rather than midtable mediocrity.

Well, apart from the 17 people who correctly guessed the first goalscorer - it's always a productive category when Monsieur Kodjia does the business. Notably, though, his business this time round saw @Cider_boy become the first to 10 points in the FGS category, while @1960maaan matched @milky's longstanding record of two in a row (although, admittedly, that was helped by having not played at all since the MK Dons game - when a certain French striker also scored the first goal).

In #BEFTP news, only citywest30 was on the same wavelength as the FLT producers, programming our match 8th, although five others were one place out - @Septic Peg going for 7th, while myself, @Davefevs@Alessandro, and @Red Rum plumped for 9th. Red Rum also correctly envisioned the Blackburn v Rotherham match succeeding ours - the only one to do so - with, again, five others getting the preceding match (our Wildcard of PNE v Reading - correctly predicted by bcfctim and @Woodsy) spot on, namely @bissellredhead@BarmyArmy@HLRExiledAjax, and citywest30 (who therefore owned the #BEFTP this week with 4 points).

Not such a productive week for our debutants, however, as both @Barry Sheene and @Olympian belatedly began their campaigns by drawing a blank. Targeting the pointless streak, perhaps...

A quick shout out to @redsquirrel@Fordy62, and @Gilts for their half-time optimism of a 2-0 lead, as this narrative gathers pace...

CHAPTER TWO: THE BEGINNING OF THE END (v Derby)

As we now know, that win against Huddersfield would prove to be the last under Steve Cotterill.. Of course, we didn't know that at the time, and over half of us thought we'd get something from out of the game against Derby. Idiots.

All we actually got was a spanking, a loss of hope, and a healthy helping of #BEFTP points.

3494cc1.jpg

Of the 30 people who were sensible and thought Derby would win, no one thought they'd win quite as convincingly as they did - @BarmyArmy's 4-1 prediction coming closest.

Two of the 30 did break double figures, however, namely @Chivs (11 points) and @Kodjia 22 (10). They were helped in no small part by the bumper #BEFTP of every other result (H/D/L) that week, with Chivs matching six results and Kodjia 22 going one better.

In fact, everyone who entered the #BEFTP managed to get at least a point - @Shtanley being the only one to only correctly match one out of 11 results (well, 12 including ours). Impressive.

Meanwhile, @City169 joined the record makers with a 3rd HT scoreline in a row, @Welcome To The Jungle managed a double goal time salvo (4-3 really is starting to pay off), and @NobodyAtAll saw Wolves 2-3 Leeds coming.

Finally, @MILLAR_D1 was back... And at long last... He successfully... Matched @BCFCjay's 7 game scoreless streak. Both commiserations and congratulations to you, MILLAR. Can you make that record your own next?

CHAPTER THREE: COTTERILL'S LAST STAND(S) (v QPR, Charlton, Burnley, Reading, PNE)

DDLLL. Cotterill's departure was more than predictable after that, but did any of us predict that run beforehand?

oua2b7.jpg

Well, only six of us saw a draw coming against QPR, with @RedM@Taxi for Rennie, and @havanatopia going for the 2-2 variety, while myself, @Septic Peg, and @cityexile plumping for the more accurate 1-1.

With both Septic and I having Wilbraham on the scoresheet, while balancing Septic's half-time with my #BEFTP point (for JET's addition to the fray being his first mention), we each gained 5 points - reducing @Ian M's seemingly runaway lead to a mere 6 points.

@BarmyArmy@hodge@HLR, and @redsquirrel also had us at 0-0 at half-time, with BarmyArmy also being the sole person to have Hoilett down as first scorer. The only other person to even have Hoilett on the scoresheet was @Davefevs, thus becoming the only man to predict both scorers (just a shame about the 3-2 scoreline...).

@Nogbad the Bad's ridiculous wildcard ability came to the fore once again, as he and @Dollymarie both had Reading beating Blackburn 1-0, and @Welcome To The Jungle's tactics again gave him a goal timing, along with @hodge@Shtanley, @DownendRed97, and @bcfctim.

As with myself, the huge majority of #BEFTP points came as a result of why JET was first mentioned. The exception was @Nomad, who correctly believed our former opinion-splitter would not be mentioned any further.

Lazy, that JET.

Onto Charlton...

2gt0u9d.jpg

Only 9 of us didn't think City would win.

And I still can't quite believe that we didn't.

Of those 9, though, an impressive five got the scoreline bang on: @UK0wnag3@Robert the bruce@EstoniaTallinnRed@BarmyArmy, and - with a record second in a row - @Septic Peg. Cotterill knows who to blame.

A load of us - 24 to be exact - did have us leading 1-0 at half-time, though, with @bcfctim moving onto 8 HT matches overall, and @HLR right on his tail with 7. bcfctim was also one of only two to correctly guess who scored that goal, along with @RedM - although neither had Baker as FGS.

Nobody had Lennon down to score. And he really shouldn't have done.

Thus, the FGS category was barren, along with the goal time category, but the #BEFTP didn't do us too badly. @Ian M and @citywest30 correctly forecasted 27 goals in the league that weekend, with @Cider_boy and RedM seeing 22 of those to be scored at home. The rest got a scattering of points for being close enough. You know how it goes.

And in Burnley, it goes badly...

2073xpk.jpg

Not too badly for @Nogbad the Bad, though, who storms into second place "thanks" to the 4-0 scoreline - which was also predicted by @Dogbert.

Pretty badly for @MILLAR_D1, however... Returning for the first match since his record-equalling scoreless streak, he made it a record all of his own. Eight games, no points, top work.

Pretty well for anyone who named Gray on the scoresheet, mind - especially @Gilts and @Nomad who both had him scoring (at least) a hat-trick. 22 had him as FGS too - the highest successful number for anyone other than Kodjia. Imagine - we could've had 'em both.

@Septic Peg may not have got a third scoreline in a row, but she did have her fourth result in a row - matching the record set by @Show Me The Money! and @Tipps69 earlier in the season. "Did any of us predict that run beforehand?" I asked... Well, she's getting closer, and it'll be a record if she does...

Elsewhere, @EstoniaTallinnRed correctly had Bolton winning 1-0 against Blackburn, while Gilts (match leader with 10 points), Septic Peg (just behind with 9), and @cityexile (a still respectable 5) each saw 17 goals being scored by the home teams. Nomad had 10 goals for the away sides, but no one thought there'd be a repeat of 27 goals overall. There was.

TO BE CONTINUED... (need to get this weekend's poll up, and off out in an hour, but should be back to complete Chapter Three this evening, before bringing us fully up to date by the end of the weekend)

15 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

8 points: if you have total faith in City to win every game…:sad26:

You'll have more by the end of the update, that I can promise.. ;)

I'd also like to genuinely apologise for the lack of update for so long - particularly to @Major Isewater, who is completely correct in saying I started something and haven't seen it through properly (although, hopefully, it can still be rectified). Surprisingly enough, I can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like this (really, Yoshi, we'd never have guessed ;)) which led to me avoiding simply publishing the table on its own as - for some bizarre reason - I thought people might enjoy reading my nonsensical ramblings along with them. This then built up and up, thus getting trickier to sort to my liking, and - as I have a tendency to do with many things - led to me putting a weight on myself which didn't really exist.

As the Major has highlighted, I could've communicated this better, one way or another, which would've either helped things, or allowed people to say "just get the damn table out, we don't care about your idiotic waffle".

Apologies to those who did offer help as well - it was very much appreciated, but the tricky part wasn't so much in collating the points, merely posting the updates in my (unnecessarily) anal fashion.

Either way, as you can see, I have been keeping it up to date, and just not managing to find the time (for various reasons) to properly inform you all of such up to dateness. I'll try to ensure it doesn't happen again.

So, basically, I'm sorry. Hope those who have been disappointed can accept this as an olive branch.

Maybe I shouldn't have bothered*... Why didn't more of you say it wasn't a good idea in this original poll?!

Anyway, here's to five more 4-1 wins, and a glorious summer. Cheers! :drunk2:

*Joking. Definitely glad I bothered. I can deal with the occasional backlash. :)

• Admin

I predict a huge fall from grace for the leader who appears to have imposed upon himself some sort of ban. Was it for failing a drugs test? Was it for attempted match fixing? Or maybe biting another player? I fear we shall never know the real truth. 

40 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

UP NEXT ON OTIB, FROM THE PRODUCERS WHO BROUGHT YOU "DOUBLE UPDATE WEEK" AND "THE WAIT OF INDETERMINATE LENGTH", COMES THE LATEST #GOTIB15to16CPL SAGA, STARRING ALL YOUR FAVOURITE POSTERS, AND EVEN SOME OF YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE.

SETTLE IN. GRAB A BISCUIT. ROLL YOUR EYES.

FOR HERE, GIVING "OVERDUE" A NEW MEANING, IS...

CHAPTER ONE: ADEN FLINT HAS SPOKEN (v Huddersfield)

The question was left hanging. It hung over festive periods and managerial changes, like baubles and an old tracksuit.

Finally, the answer:

"We bloody won, Yoshi, didn't we? WE ONLY WENT AND BLOODY WON."

That we did, Aden, that we did. And without a win in over a month at the time, it was much needed. Here's how it left the table... (drumroll, please, for the anticipation has been too much for some)...

evavea.jpg

Unsurprisingly, @Ian M kept hold of top spot, although - with his only success being Kodjia popping the ball in the net first - his 11 point lead was cut to 8 due to my own (far more impressive ;)) performance. Typically, my first scoreline success came after my complete failure.

Stood shoulder to shoulder with me, also gaining six points, were @ExiledAjax, @Tipps69, and @citywest30, with only the latter missing the scoreline (due to that pesky Bunn).

Speaking of Bunn, @Welcome To The Jungle was the only person to predict him scoring, as his tactic of naming 7 scorers every match began to pay off - adding both Kodjia and Flint to the mix, too. This made him one of four to gain 5 points, along with @Red Rum@bcfctim (thanks to the sole goal time of the week), and @hooered - who also joined those of us at the scoreline party.

@Dogbert and @Blazeyrobins were also guests of honour, feasting on the free buffet, as was - at long last - a certain @BRIAN WILSON. Thus, with @MILLAR_D1 missing in action, @BCFCjay's record remains intact. It's becoming increasingly tightly contested, though - everyone wants a taste of noteworthy failure rather than midtable mediocrity.

Well, apart from the 17 people who correctly guessed the first goalscorer - it's always a productive category when Monsieur Kodjia does the business. Notably, though, his business this time round saw @Cider_boy become the first to 10 points in the FGS category, while @1960maaan matched @milky's longstanding record of two in a row (although, admittedly, that was helped by having not played at all since the MK Dons game - when a certain French striker also scored the first goal).

In #BEFTP news, only citywest30 was on the same wavelength as the FLT producers, programming our match 8th, although five others were one place out - @Septic Peg going for 7th, while myself, @Davefevs@Alessandro, and @Red Rum plumped for 9th. Red Rum also correctly envisioned the Blackburn v Rotherham match succeeding ours - the only one to do so - with, again, five others getting the preceding match (our Wildcard of PNE v Reading - correctly predicted by bcfctim and @Woodsy) spot on, namely @bissellredhead@BarmyArmy@HLRExiledAjax, and citywest30 (who therefore owned the #BEFTP this week with 4 points).

Not such a productive week for our debutants, however, as both @Barry Sheene and @Olympian belatedly began their campaigns by drawing a blank. Targeting the pointless streak, perhaps...

A quick shout out to @redsquirrel@Fordy62, and @Gilts for their half-time optimism of a 2-0 lead, as this narrative gathers pace...

CHAPTER TWO: THE BEGINNING OF THE END (v Derby)

As we now know, that win against Huddersfield would prove to be the last under Steve Cotterill.. Of course, we didn't know that at the time, and over half of us thought we'd get something from out of the game against Derby. Idiots.

All we actually got was a spanking, a loss of hope, and a healthy helping of #BEFTP points.

3494cc1.jpg

Of the 30 people who were sensible and thought Derby would win, no one thought they'd win quite as convincingly as they did - @BarmyArmy's 4-1 prediction coming closest.

Two of the 30 did break double figures, however, namely @Chivs (11 points) and @Kodjia 22 (10). They were helped in no small part by the bumper #BEFTP of every other result (H/D/L) that week, with Chivs matching six results and Kodjia 22 going one better.

In fact, everyone who entered the #BEFTP managed to get at least a point - @Shtanley being the only one to only correctly match one out of 11 results (well, 12 including ours). Impressive.

Meanwhile, @City169 joined the record makers with a 3rd HT scoreline in a row, @Welcome To The Jungle managed a double goal time salvo (4-3 really is starting to pay off), and @NobodyAtAll saw Wolves 2-3 Leeds coming.

Finally, @MILLAR_D1 was back... And at long last... He successfully... Matched @BCFCjay's 7 game scoreless streak. Both commiserations and congratulations to you, MILLAR. Can you make that record your own next?

CHAPTER THREE: COTTERILL'S LAST STAND(S) (v QPR, Charlton, Burnley, Reading, PNE)

DDLLL. Cotterill's departure was more than predictable after that, but did any of us predict that run beforehand?

oua2b7.jpg

Well, only six of us saw a draw coming against QPR, with @RedM@Taxi for Rennie, and @havanatopia going for the 2-2 variety, while myself, @Septic Peg, and @cityexile plumping for the more accurate 1-1.

With both Septic and I having Wilbraham on the scoresheet, while balancing Septic's half-time with my #BEFTP point (for JET's addition to the fray being his first mention), we each gained 5 points - reducing @Ian M's seemingly runaway lead to a mere 6 points.

@BarmyArmy@hodge@HLR, and @redsquirrel also had us at 0-0 at half-time, with BarmyArmy also being the sole person to have Hoilett down as first scorer. The only other person to even have Hoilett on the scoresheet was @Davefevs, thus becoming the only man to predict both scorers (just a shame about the 3-2 scoreline...).

@Nogbad the Bad's ridiculous wildcard ability came to the fore once again, as he and @Dollymarie both had Reading beating Blackburn 1-0, and @Welcome To The Jungle's tactics again gave him a goal timing, along with @hodge@Shtanley, @DownendRed97, and @bcfctim.

As with myself, the huge majority of #BEFTP points came as a result of why JET was first mentioned. The exception was @Nomad, who correctly believed our former opinion-splitter would not be mentioned any further.

Lazy, that JET.

Onto Charlton...

2gt0u9d.jpg

Only 9 of us didn't think City would win.

And I still can't quite believe that we didn't.

Of those 9, though, an impressive five got the scoreline bang on: @UK0wnag3@Robert the bruce@EstoniaTallinnRed@BarmyArmy, and - with a record second in a row - @Septic Peg. Cotterill knows who to blame.

A load of us - 24 to be exact - did have us leading 1-0 at half-time, though, with @bcfctim moving onto 8 HT matches overall, and @HLR right on his tail with 7. bcfctim was also one of only two to correctly guess who scored that goal, along with @RedM - although neither had Baker as FGS.

Nobody had Lennon down to score. And he really shouldn't have done.

Thus, the FGS category was barren, along with the goal time category, but the #BEFTP didn't do us too badly. @Ian M and @citywest30 correctly forecasted 27 goals in the league that weekend, with @Cider_boy and RedM seeing 22 of those to be scored at home. The rest got a scattering of points for being close enough. You know how it goes.

And in Burnley, it goes badly...

2073xpk.jpg

Not too badly for @Nogbad the Bad, though, who storms into second place "thanks" to the 4-0 scoreline - which was also predicted by @Dogbert.

Pretty badly for @MILLAR_D1, however... Returning for the first match since his record-equalling scoreless streak, he made it a record all of his own. Eight games, no points, top work.

Pretty well for anyone who named Gray on the scoresheet, mind - especially @Gilts and @Nomad who both had him scoring (at least) a hat-trick. 22 had him as FGS too - the highest successful number for anyone other than Kodjia. Imagine - we could've had 'em both.

@Septic Peg may not have got a third scoreline in a row, but she did have her fourth result in a row - matching the record set by @Show Me The Money! and @Tipps69 earlier in the season. "Did any of us predict that run beforehand?" I asked... Well, she's getting closer, and it'll be a record if she does...

Elsewhere, @EstoniaTallinnRed correctly had Bolton winning 1-0 against Blackburn, while Gilts (match leader with 10 points), Septic Peg (just behind with 9), and @cityexile (a still respectable 5) each saw 17 goals being scored by the home teams. Nomad had 10 goals for the away sides, but no one thought there'd be a repeat of 27 goals overall. There was.

TO BE CONTINUED... (need to get this weekend's poll up, and off out in an hour, but should be back to complete Chapter Three this evening, before bringing us fully up to date by the end of the weekend)

Knew you'd come through , which season is this by the way ? 

Thanks for all your work RedYoshi .

The fun is back ! :bounce:

13 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

I'd also like to genuinely apologise for the lack of update for so long - particularly to @Major Isewater, who is completely correct in saying I started something and haven't seen it through properly (although, hopefully, it can still be rectified). Surprisingly enough, I can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like this (really, Yoshi, we'd never have guessed ;)) which led to me avoiding simply publishing the table on its own as - for some bizarre reason - I thought people might enjoy reading my nonsensical ramblings along with them. This then built up and up, thus getting trickier to sort to my liking, and - as I have a tendency to do with many things - led to me putting a weight on myself which didn't really exist.

As the Major has highlighted, I could've communicated this better, one way or another, which would've either helped things, or allowed people to say "just get the damn table out, we don't care about your idiotic waffle".

Apologies to those who did offer help as well - it was very much appreciated, but the tricky part wasn't so much in collating the points, merely posting the updates in my (unnecessarily) anal fashion.

Either way, as you can see, I have been keeping it up to date, and just not managing to find the time (for various reasons) to properly inform you all of such up to dateness. I'll try to ensure it doesn't happen again.

So, basically, I'm sorry. Hope those who have been disappointed can accept this as an olive branch.

Maybe I shouldn't have bothered*... Why didn't more of you say it wasn't a good idea in this original poll?!

*Joking. Definitely glad I bothered. I can deal with the occasional backlash. :)

Come 'ere me babber 

:hug:

Apologies humbly accepted.

27 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Knew you'd come through , which season is this by the way ? 

Thanks for all your work RedYoshi .

The fun is back ! :bounce:

Thanks for quoting @RedYoshi's post in full @Major Isewater.....my scrolling finger is now suffering from RSI. :P

Thanks for the semi-update, I've made the top 10, I'm guessing on alphabetical order? 

59 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Alan Curbishley

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Not going to press quote but nice to see you back Yoshers. My goal is to see off @RedM so I can be undisputed female predictor of the year... (assuming any others above aren't female of course) :P loves you really M...

I thought we established a while ago that @RedYoshi was actually a hermaphrodite and as such is able to claim either gender as their own?

WELCOME BACK TO:

CHAPTER THREE [PART TWO]: COTTERILL'S LAST STAND(S) [2016] (v Reading & PNE)

It was a new year. There was optimism. Alex Hales had just hit a 50.

There was traffic. There was a run for the shuttle bus. There was a stupid queue for ticket collection.

There was a disallowed goal.

There was an allowed goal.

One of them wasn't for us.

Reading. Reading. Reading.

vhqjv6.jpg

Now that we've got over the collective disappointment, there's just one question on everyone's lips.. Did @Septic Peg achieve greatness*?

Well, as you can see, she stormed into the top 10 - overtaking her female nemesis of @RedM in the process - with 4 points.

One of those was from the #BEFTP.

Another was for naming Blackman as a scorer.

The third was due to the 0-0 half-time scoreline.

The fourth was either a goal timing, or the firework inducing 5th result in a row...

But enough about her for a while, for @Red Rum wasn't bothered, sitting atop the match standings with an impressive 9 points. Seven of these came via the #BEFTP, correctly stating that all away teams would score 10 goals that weekend, while imagining the home sides to score just one more than they did. In doing so, he then became the closest of all predictors for the three matchday festive goal forecast - his 78 just three away from the reality of 75.

His other two points came via a Reading win, and Blackman scoring, although he missed him as FGS - unlike 10 others, which included @Cider_boy@Nomad@Shtanley@Tipps69, and @Woodsy matching the record of 2 FGS in a row. A bit late, but maybe a silver lining for that killer blow in the 91st minute?

No-one got a silver lining from predicting how painfully late the goal was going to arrive however.

In half-time news, @bcfctim and @HLR kept up their little ding-dong by joining Septic on the goalless bandwag...

Wait a minute.

No-one predicted the time of the goal?

No-one?

So that means...

YOU GOT IT. Septic Peg is the new result Queen. Five in a row people, FIVE IN A ROW.  :worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2:

Magic.

@hodgeNomad@MSN Red@havanatopia, @MigratedRobin@exAtyeoMax@zummerzet red@I am the mole, and @napper all joined those on the less impressive achievement of predicting a goalless first half (didn't miss much in the ticket queue, fortunately) and a variety of people got a variety of points in the #BEFTP (notably hodgeNomadbcfctimCider_boy, and @Major Isewater envisioning 10 away goals, with only myself getting the 11 home).

Furthermore, @citywest30 and @BarmyArmy joined myself and hodge on the wildcard winning wonderwheel, with QPR going down 2-1 at home to Hull.

Losing 2-1 at home.. Who does that?

anc5ci.jpg

Oh, we do.

Even @Septic Peg thought we'd win this one. But as her record is cut short as soon as it had begun, so too was Cotterill cut adrift, following the reverse against Preston.

@Ivorguy was one beneficiary of such a sad end, though, sneaking his way onto the bottom of the table with the correct result, scoreline, and HT score. @I am the mole and @Gilts also saw the 2-1 loss coming, along with @Nogbad the Bad and @hodge, who took advantage of another pointless RedYoshi game to leapfrog me into 2nd and 3rd respectively.

14 people got our second half-time 0-0 in a row (this became a theme of 2016) - yet again including @HLR and @bcfctim - and three people (@Welcome To The Jungle@citywest30, and @napper) correctly predicted when one of those second half goals would arrive, but no one thought Baker would provide the first - and certainly not in our own net.

Notably on the goalscorer front, however, was Septic Peg's nomination of Cunningham. She may have missed out on extending her result record, but got all specific on our asses as she called correctly that he'd score with a header. Bonus point right there, missy.

And don't all start going "he'll score with a shot" in some sort of point digging desperation - she's been doing it every week, and a Cunningham header was so unlikely it deserved recognition. So if I see anyone say "Smith will kick it with his right foot at some point, and it'll probably go over one of the many white lines" in any future prediction threads, I reserve the right to dock you a point.

Mmmmkay?

Moving on... After several weeks of high scoring #BEFTP rounds, it was comforting to have just two points emanate from our live tweeting edition. @bissellredhead gained one for 50 total tweets, while @brad blit bagged the minute of the most retweeted tweet, like a twit. (56', Wilbraham's goal, if anyone was interested).

@Chivs and @BarmyArmy topped us off with a pair of wildcard predictions (Brentford 0-1 Boro), and the top got tighter with @Ian M joining me on the pointless step.

Chapters Four, Five, & Six to come this weekend.

Now I'm off to see my ex-girl/boy/seahorsefriend's band. Joyful.

*well, did she get a 1 in 3 chance guess right, five times in a row?

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Woooooooo @RedYoshi!!! Have had an absolute cock of a day and now I'm well chuffed. And thanks to the turncoat Greg Cunningham with his header.

Soz @RedM... have I peaked too early? Let's make this a real contest. But no mud wrestling. As good as it is for the skin... :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Woooooooo @RedYoshi!!! Have had an absolute cock of a day and now I'm well chuffed. And thanks to the turncoat Greg Cunningham with his header.

Soz @RedM... have I peaked too early? Let's make this a real contest. But no mud wrestling. As good as it is for the skin... :thumbsup:

You peak away my dear, it all pales into significance now I got my Glasto tickets*

*got a feeling I will crash and burn, hoping @Septic Pegwill believe my indifference when she trounces me...I was PL Champion one year y'know. Had dinner with the Lansdown's & everything!

20 hours ago, RedM said:

You peak away my dear, it all pales into significance now I got my Glasto tickets*

*got a feeling I will crash and burn, hoping @Septic Pegwill believe my indifference when she trounces me...I was PL Champion one year y'know. Had dinner with the Lansdown's & everything!

Rather you than me dear. I don't do tarpaulins, creepy crawlies, mud and portaloos. Though, I would have gone to see Muse on Friday night. I'm jealous for that reason...

This is brilliant, not only do we get tables and a very entertaining read, it also doubles up as a season review!

I didn't realise how well I was doing! Wish I hadn't slacked off in 2016 and missed a few weeks here and there or I could've been a contender

3 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

This is brilliant, not only do we get tables and a very entertaining read, it also doubles up as a season review!

I didn't realise how well I was doing! Wish I hadn't slacked off in 2016 and missed a few weeks here and there or I could've been a contender

Oh ye of little faith , we all knew that Red Yoshi would get his act together . :whistle2:

Archived