IGNORED

The Great Otib 2015/16 Championship Prediction League Thread Of Glory

RedYoshi

EXAMPLE POLL  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, hodge said:

Ha, yeah, about that...

Actually uncovered some RIFE CORRUPTION which has delayed things.

(By which I mean, on updating the last couple of matches, I discovered some anomalies in the table, which indicate that I may have diddled one or two people out of a couple of points... Have had to go back through and work out where bits went wrong, so will be back on it when it's all resolved.)

10 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Ha, yeah, about that...

Actually uncovered some RIFE CORRUPTION which has delayed things.

(By which I mean, on updating the last couple of matches, I discovered some anomalies in the table, which indicate that I may have diddled one or two people out of a couple of points... Have had to go back through and work out where bits went wrong, so will be back on it when it's all resolved.)

RIFE CORRUPTION - it's just like real football.

:yes:

2 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

blimey, i reckon they've locked yoshers up,must have been serious

It's OK. He/She is on their holibobs and has assured us the tables will be out before the QPR away game...

...in the 2016/2017 season.

:whistle2::cool2:

THE LOST TABLES OF MIDSEASON RETURN...

CHAPTER FOUR: THE INTERIM (v Middlesbrough, Leeds, Birmingham, Charlton)

As the dust settled on the sucker punch result that was Preston at home, murmurs began to emanate from deep within the Gate of Ashton.

Change was in the air.

Mere hours after the next obligatory pre-match press conference, the hero of the past was recast as the villain of the present, and Cotts was shown the door.

Stubbornness gave way to a refreshing change in structure, and - following in Mr. Pemberton and Mr. Elliott's footsteps - these updates shall now reflect such an alteration in a truly artistic representation of our seasonal journey.

So, before regaling you with the next table, first let us hear how we performed against Middlesbrough, who - seeing as they're now just a point away from the Premier League - must surely have had too much for us.

Ohhhh no. Not when Wes Burns is in the house - and myself and @DownendRed97 both saw the Welsh wizard getting on the scoresheet, with DownendRed coupling it with a City win. 12 others also saw a successful beginning for PemboWade - including Burns senior, @djb6162 - with @bcfctim and @Davefevs the pick of the bunch by smashing the face off the 1-0 scoreline.

They both ludicrously thought that Kodjia would be the scorer, however, and in the first half to boot - the FOOLS (all of our January games were 0-0 at half-time) - while @exAtyeoMax joined DownendRed97 in the far more sensible approach of a goalless first half before seeing City come out on top.

@Major Isewater@Charliesboots, and @Super also had us down for a barren first 45, but thought Boro would have the upper hand in the second, while myself, @citywest30, and @HLR believed that we would continue to share the spoils in some way, shape or form.

Notably, this was HLR's third half-time success in a row, equalling my and bcfctim's much sought-after record. One more 0-0 against Leeds, and it would be his to cherish.

With no-one envisioning Our Wes' winner coming quite so late - we had a couple of 90+2', but no 90+5' - and only one person believing that Birmingham would even beat Derby, let alone 3-0, pretty much all other points came via the win. So, in addition to those already mentioned, congrats to the (in some cases eternal) optimists: @Welcome To The Jungle@zummerzet red@Shtanley@UK0wnag3@Jersey Bristolian@napper@redmitch, and @cityexile.

For cityexile, it was much more than a point gained. You see, against Preston, cityexile had scored a point for the 19th game running. "What relevance does that have?", I hear you ask, excitedly. Well, for those who remember, 19 was the magical number of consecutive games in which I myself had managed to score from the beginning of the season. That run came tumbling down at the 20th hurdle.

Not so for cityexile. On and on he goes.

Arise, Sir Consistency.

There was also a single #BEFTP point earned, but - seeing as it was about the appointment of our next head coach - I shall leave the reveal until that point in the narrative, for "reality reasons".

After all that (I say "all", we only scored 29 points, a new low in the league), it left the table in the following state:

16_01_16_Boro.jpg

So, on we go to Leeds, with 6 of the top 10 coming off a pointless game, thus bunching up the top of the league like a skilled florist.

@hodge made sure his lack of return didn't last long, gaining 3 points courtesy of our (now standard) half-time scoreline of 0-0 and two #BEFTP contributions. @Ian M@Nogbad the Bad@Cider_boy, and @ExiledAjax all arrested the slide (in Ian M's case an alarming two game slide) with a similar pair of #BEFTP points, while @Tipps69 could only correct himself with a single #BEFTP.

With that obligatory Sky-style "must-talk-about-top-of-the-table" section out of the way, we can move on to more fascinating match-facts, whilst staying within the confines of the #BEFTP.

@Woodsy was the most successful age guesser, getting absolutely nothing right about the rest of the match but nailing the overall average age with 24.7. With a "close enough" point on the Leeds team, his entire 4 point haul came from the #BEFTP, putting him joint second for the match.

Just a point ahead, and topping the match standings, was @havanatopia, whose single #BEFTP point built upon the strong 4 point foundation he'd amassed with the correct result, scoreline, and half-time predictions. Can't ask for much more than that.

Well, you could ask for the correct scorer, but seeing as only @Shtanley and @citywest30 thought Doukara would score - and both in a City win - I suppose we can let our match thread extraordinaire off with a warning.

Especially as he was the only one to get the scoreline on the nose, and - once again - no-one thought there'd be a goal when there was, while a four-goal Cardiff-Rotherham draw wasn't on anybody's card.

There were, however, many many people who had latched onto our January penchant for eating our half-time oranges off the back of a goalless first half. Seventeen, in fact - 35% of all match predictors. Phwoar.

Amongst them, joining havana and hodge@Marty, @WsM-Red (both on debut), @The Dolman Pragmatist@Fordy62@NorfolkInChance@exAtyeoMax@hooered@hortonred@brad blit@Nomad@Davefevs@Gilts (who for some reason is impossible to 'tag'), and @DownendRed97.

I say "amongst them". That's basically all of them.

All except two.

Firstly, @cityexile, who thus continued his consistency march.

And, importantly, @HLR, our new half-time record holder. Woohoo!

havana was also joined by eight others in forecasting a Leeds win, who - as well as the untaggable @Gilts (I'm gonna keep trying) - were @BarmyArmy@bissellredhead@Dogbert@hortonred@Septic Peg, @Major Isewater, and @Robert the bruce.

This puts Dogbert and Septic on 12 correct results overall, just two behind @old_eastender's league-leading 14 - although he is yet to correctly predict a post-Cotterill result.

And, while we still wallowed in the relegation zone, the #GOTIB15to16CPL table looked a little something like this:

16_01_23_Leeds.jpg

Septic Peg back into the top 10 - though pushed all the way by Davefevs and WTTJ - and just a single point separating each of the top 4. Exciting.

And, in such a way we came back home, to a game in which we pushed our 0-0 half-time scoreline to the limit - taking it to the full 90 this time, in a huge contrast to our first game against Birmingham.

Nobody saw it coming, though, with only six - @Tipps69@cityexile (yet another game), @brad blit@Septic Peg (13th result), @dereks no1, and @hay dens party - picturing a draw of any kind. Of these, only brad blit and dereks no1 thought it would be goalless at half-time, although @Ian M@Mike Hunt-Hertz@Tauntonian, and @zummerzet red - despite all going for a City win - also smiled smugly as they drank their half-time cuppa/ate their half-time pie/smelt the half-time refreshments being consumed by others whilst not consuming anything themselves.

Being 0-0, none of the other categories came into it, seeing as there were no goalscorers, no one who was first of these non-goalscorers, and no times at which any of these non-goals were scored.

The Wildcard suddenly had a resurgence, however, with Tipps69, Ian M@bcfctim@Dollymarie, and @Nogbad the Bad all going for a 1-1 draw between Sheffield Wednesday and Burnley. This was Nogbad's seventh correct Wildcard, with Tipps69 his closest challenger on five. That's dominance.

Despite this wild Wildcard wonder, the #BEFTP (minutes played by January signings) was, by quite a distance, our most productive category. I won't break it down too much, suffice to say that everyone who entered got at least 2 points, most people got 4 points, and we all managed to predict that Garita wouldn't play at all.

I'll also mention that, while @HLR's half-time run came to an end, he was the closest to the cumulative total minutes played by all signings - an agonising single minute away. Had Tomlin stayed on the pitch until the 67th minute instead of the 66th, he'd have doubled his points from 3 to 6. Ouch.

Ah well. Don't reflect too much on that as you gaze at the subsequent table:

16_01_30_Brum.jpg

And to round off Chapter Four, and with it PemboWade's outstanding job, we travel to Charlton, where a previous #BEFTP round was put to rest.

Back before the Middlesbrough game, absolutely nobody saw Lee Johnson being the next head coach.

There was Appleton, Di Matteo, Rodgers, Warnock, Pearson, Tisdale, Moyes, Clark, even a return for Cotterill mentioned.

But no Lee Johnson.

As for timing, we had people thinking it would be soon after the Boro game... Others (most) thinking a little longer, between the West Brom and Leeds games... A couple figured it'd take 'til just before the Birmingham game.

One lone voice cried out in the maelstrom. "The day after the transfer window slams shut".

Sure, it wasn't the day after, but as the requirements were merely to state between which games it would happen - and Johnson was announced just prior to kick-off - it counts.

Congratulations, @Dogbert, you're the closest OTIB has come to a time traveller (if you disregard @Never to the dark side's trip to Hartlepool).

As for the match, we had even more outstanding success.

@Chivs and @I am the mole.

Both went for a City win.

Both went for 0-1.

Both went for Tomlin as first (and only) scorer.

YES THAT'S RIGHT WE HAVE OURSELVES A DOUBLE COMPLETION BONUS.

With Chivs also getting three #BEFTP points (Pack, Smith, and Golbourne being our top 3 passers), he got a mammoth 10 points for the game, while I am the mole took home 7 shiny ones.

Well done, fellas. Astounding.

@cynic and @deadredfred were the only other two to get the scoreline correct, with cynic also having us one up at half-time, while an impressive 38 (yes, THIRTY EIGHT) of us saw us winning one way or another.

To be honest, the fact that 38 predicted that we'd win isn't that surprising. It's more the fact that we actually did, for once.

Ironically, our three best result guessers up to this point in the season - @Dogbert@Septic Peg, and @old_eastender - didn't get it right this time round. Maybe that gives us a hint as to why they've been so successful...

We had loads and loads of people have Tomlin down as first goalscorer, most of those who didn't at least had him down as scoring at some point, and even more people thought we'd be 1-0 up at half-time.

In fact, only four people didn't score any points, so it's much easier to list them. Even if they won't appreciate it. Sorry @bs3@BCFC Jordan@redmitch, and @Red.

Six people (so equally listable) will be more appreciative for gaining a mention due to their Wildcard success of Preston winning 2-1 against Huddersfield at home (only 2-1? Come on Preston, need to be winning that at least 4-0, I reckon). Congrats, therefore, to the double triumvirate of @Welcome To The Jungle@Cider_boy@citywest30Dogbert@BarmyArmy, and @RedM.

For the second match in a row, the #BEFTP saw every entrant gain at least 2 points (aside from RedM and @bissellredhead, neither of whom ventured names for our top 3 passers), but only @redsquirrel and the unreachable @Gilts got within 5 of our total passes, with no-one doing the same for Charlton. Septic Peg, however, did accurately predict their passing success rate of 62%, so there's that.

And thus, as we embarked on Johnson the Younger's reign, our forum based guesses had us all propped up like this:

16_02_06_Charlton.jpg

ONE HUNDRED POINTS.

I thank you, I thank you.

Well done @Ian M, too, I suppose. Blah blah.

Always liked Lee, I did.

TO BE CONTINUED

10 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Never seen that position. Do explain ;) 

Turn it on its side... you need good upper arm strength... :whistle2:

9 hours ago, cityexile said:

Do be slightly careful Dolly, Septic Peg is just on top of you...

9 hours ago, Dogbert said:

And me coming just behind her

Steady on fellas... I'm a married woman... :blush: never seen such filth... :me?:

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Are you saying you don't want me? :sad26:

I want you Dolls. Just not in the way half the blokes on here would like it... the whole mud wrestling girl on girl thing... if all us ladies did a charity mud wrestle, OTIB would probably explode...

55 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I want you Dolls. Just not in the way half the blokes on here would like it... the whole mud wrestling girl on girl thing... if all us ladies did a charity mud wrestle, OTIB would probably explode...

Maybe wait until the summer break for that one. Always a long old drag to the start of the season. Anything to save us from the never ending 'will he won't he, o no he has spoken to his dad' transfer threads...I would suggest baked beans rather than mud anyhow.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

We wouldn't be on OTIB, we'd be selling enough season tickets to fill the top tier of the WS!

Well done Red Yoshi, the Daddy of the PL and the new leader of the table with 100 points!!

Great to see your accolade to Chivs for his 'mammoth' 10 point haul and similar congratulatory nod to I am the Mole for his 7.

But no mention (that I can see) in the pre table preamble for your own tremendous 8 point return that propels you unerringly to the summit leaving the clearly stymied Madger floundering in your wake.

Too modest by far!

IT'S NOW TIME FOR THE PENULTIMATE CHAPTER OF...

THE LOST TABLES OF MIDSEASON

CHAPTER FIVE: THE BOUNCE IS BACK (v Ipswich, MK Dons, Brighton, Nottingham Forest)

"Johnson says..."

It echoed around the buildings of Charlton as we went on our merry way, and continued back to Bristol. There was uncertainty, too, and apparently a bit of a booooo, but within it all there was hope.

So much hope, in fact, that a whopping 17 of us correctly predicted a 2-1 win over Ipswich - that's a record, people.

Speaking of records, amongst the 17 (I won't list you all) was @Chivs, thus matching @Septic Peg's run of two scorelines in a row. Also, in the excitement of Johnson's appointment and my own century, I completely overlooked another scoreline getter's impressive achievement against Charlton - @Cider_boy had finally matched the long standing #BEFTP streak of @ExiledAjax on seven. With the 2-1 under his belt this week, could he trump him and get eight? We'll find out when we get there...

First, another successful "scorecerer" - @The Dolman Pragmatist - deserves a mention for being the only one to get both full-time and half-time results, although @redsquirrel@Corshamred, @cynic@Nomad, and @brizzlelou did also have us 2-0 up - they just expected us to score again.

It was also the first correct score for @DownendRed97, @JBFC II@Kodjia 22@pommers1965@Red_Wizard, and @Shiretor - and with Red_Wizard's coming on debut, it acted as a mirror to our returning Lee's success on the pitch.

Flint's rediscovered success in front of goal, meanwhile, was only foretold by three people: @bissellredhead@Welcome To The Jungle, and - most accurately, as FGS - @zummerzet red. A lot more knew it would be Pitman also remembering how to find the net at Ashton Gate, as an unlucky 13 had him pitching in, but no one could tell when any of these goals would happen.

With @hodge being the sole Wildcard representative, impressively matching Brighton's 3-2 win over Bolton, it just leaves us with the aforementioned matter of Cider_boy's potential #BEFTP record...

There was a decent helping of #BEFTP points all round, most due to Flint being the most dominant City player in the air, as only @DownendRed97 and @bissellredhead got any of the numbers right (total aerial challenges and Ipswich's aerial challenges, respectively).

Cider_boy... Can you remember if you put Flint down to win the most for City?

Well let me tell you...

You sure as hell DID. :chant6ez:

The #BEFTP streak is yours, all yours. Eight in a row. Phwoar.

Here's what it did to that there table:

16_02_13_Ipswich.jpg

There I am, self-consciously atop my own league... I'm sure it won't last long.

Onwards, we go, to MK Dons, where the bouncing was suitably aided by their rather plush seats. A lovely soft landing after each bounce, I can tell you.

As the team continued their impressive revival, we also continued our impressive scoreline accuracy, with 12 popping a 0-2 success out of their brain boxes. Two of these twelve - @Dollymarie and @MigratedRobin - had seen what @Chivs had managed against Ipswich (well, they hadn't actually seen it, seeing as the update has only just made it into view) and matched him shot for shot. Another two joining him and @Septic Peg on the double scoreline party bus.

A significant number again experienced their first success of this kind, namely @cwmbran red@jackisace@ParisCity (all on debut), @AirlieBeachRed@Coombsy@HLR@Red Rum, and @zummerzet red, leaving just "The Ms" (@Ian M and @RedM) as repeat offenders.

Truly a fresh start, it seems, with many joining Kodjia in breaking the drought.

Of course, Kodjia scoring was of little surprise to the predictors of OTIB, with another 12 believing he'd score first - @zummerzet red joining the throng of people to have got two FGS in a row - and the fact that MK Dons' defensive capitulation occurred on the stroke of half-time helped out the 25 people who had us going into the break a goal to the good.

It won't have been quite as appreciated by the 27 who were banking on it being 0-0 at that point, but I'm sure the celebrations made up for it.

So 0-1 at half-time it was, and my half-time timing of half-time was almost scuppered by the timing of a half-time timing helper's half-time dash to the loo, but the timing of half-time was timed successfully this time.

It wasn't quite guessed successfully, however, although @HLR@Chivs@ExiledAjax@Major Isewater, and @JoeAman08 were all within 5 seconds of the ultimate 16.01, and thus gained two points for their trouble.

@Red Rum@Ian M@Dollymarie@RedM, and @Cider_boy (NINE IN A ROW!) managed to get within 10 seconds, while @citywest30 was the only competitor to gain the two points for a "team re-emergence timing", correctly reckoning MK Dons would take 13m 57s for their half-time dressing down.

A scattering of other #BEFTP points - due to MK Dons coming back out before the mighty City - meant that these weren't necessarily the total #BEFTP hauls of those mentioned (indeed, HLRChivsJoeAman08, and citywest30 each gained 3 overall), but once again there were no such points for the timing of the goals, nor for the Brentford v Derby result.

And so, with the vast majority of participants in this match (46 of 74 - another record) correctly plumping for a City win, we were all pretty darn happy.

16_02_20_MKD.jpg

@Nogbad the Bad the third to reach a century, with the top ten and European places becoming increasingly closely contested...

Unfortunately, such happiness was brought down with a bit of a bump at home to Brighton, and the unexpected nature of it was reflected in the paucity of prediction returns - just 34 points between us.

With only @HLR@BarmyArmy@hodge@pommers1965@Gilts, and @Dogbert even thinking Brighton would win, nobody believed it would be 0-4, and hodge was the only one of these six that thought they'd even score in the first half, let alone be 0-2 up.

Hemed (HLR and @Welcome To The Jungle) and Baldock (@UK0wnag3 and @cityexile) were relatively predictable scorers, with @RedM choosing both, but Murphy was not anticipated to burst the net, let alone first, and little did we know that Little would score at the wrong end.

@WsM-RedWTTJ, and @Major Isewater did manage to know when one of the goals would go in, while @Tipps69 and @Woodsy were more accurate with Burnley's win over Forest, but even the #BEFTP struggled to help us out - returning just 15 points, and none of them to @Cider_boy, who sees his run come to an end.

In fact, only WsM-Red managed more than a single #BEFTP point, correctly forecasting the number of Brighton touches, with everyone else having Pack's dominance of the ball to thank. Other than that, there wasn't much to be thankful for...

16_02_23_Brighton.jpg

With only Tipps69HLR (3 each), hodgeWTTJ, and RedM (2) in the top 20 gaining more than 1 point, it's certainly getting exciting...

(NB: this table contains a couple of adjustments due to earlier errors... Tipps69 and HLR have an extra point due to missing their correct result against Preston at home, WTTJ missed out on a #BEFTP away to Leeds, while @bissellredhead somehow had the result against Huddersfield omitted).

Almost as exciting as a comeback away to Nottingham Forest.

@Nomad (match leader with 7 points), @Cider_boy@adamc6203@Davefevs (6 each), and @citywest30 (5) were certainly excited as their 1-2 scoreline came in, with @Shtanley@Welcome To The Jungle@cynic@Ian M, and @zummerzet red each going for a different one-goal win and thus gaining the 2 #BEFTP points on offer.

Only @bissellredhead thought we'd come from behind to win, though, and was one of 10 to have the scores locked at 1-1 at the interval. Osborn was not expected to be the Forest scorer, mind, but our scorers brought along 20 points between them - WTTJbissellredhead, and @redsquirrel having both Kodjia and Flint on their scoresheets.

@UK0wnag3 had the timing of Kodjia's equaliser spot on - even if he thought it would be Smith - while I correctly called 70' as the 2-1 moment - again, even if I thought it would be Oliveira putting them 2-1 up...

My alternative goal difference did help me out a bit though, as with @Septic Peg@havanatopia@Tipps69@DownendRed97@napper, and @hodge.

It didn't help out @cityexile, though. For the first time in 27 matches, no category helped him out, in fact. An astounding show of consistency comes to an unfortunate end, but 26 point-filled games in a row is nothing to be sniffed at. I'd be hugely surprised if that were to be beaten.

On which note, as we reach the end of February - a near perfect, bouncing month - Chapter Five comes to a similar conclusion, with a tantalising run-in in store...

16_02_27_Forest.jpg

@Ian M back to the summit, @Tipps69@Cider_boy, and @hodge locked together as they breathe down @Nogbad the Bad's neck, and enough time left for the chasing pack to reel them all in.

Stay tuned, people... This is gonna get tasty.

On 5/7/2016 at 13:44, RedYoshi said:

Stay tuned, people... This is gonna get tasty.

Testing, testing...

Tasting, tasting...

Is anyone still tuned?

Oops.

THE LOST TABLES OF MIDSEASON RETURN

CHAPTER SIX: WHEN MIDSEASON BECOMES END-SEASON, SKIPS OVER OFFSEASON AND PLOPS US DEEP INTO POST-PRESEASON, AND ALL THE SEASONS BECOME NEXT SEASON, AND THEN IT'S CHRISTMAS (THE TWELVE REMAINING MATCHES OF CHRISTMAS, THAT IS... v Cardiff, Wolves, Fulham, Bolton, Hull, Rotherham, Sheffield Wed, Brentford, Derby, Blackburn, Huddersfield, QPR)

You've waited long enough, and I don't have enough time nor energy.

This is gonna come at you quickly, with less waffle than a breakfast of fruit.

Strap in.

CARDIFF (H)

LOST: 0-2

WINNER: @Robert the bruce (4 points: result, scoreline, half-time)

SOME POINTS: @Cider_boy@Dollymarie@Welcome To The Jungle (3) @cityexile@JoeAman08@HLR@Septic Peg (2)

FEWER/NO POINTS: Everyone else.

NOTES: @hodge only timing success; no goalscorers correct; Tomlin did well.

TABLE:

2re7f3s.jpg

WOLVES (A)

LOST: 2-1

WINNER: @Chivs (5 points: result, scoreline, 2 #BEFTP)

SOME POINTS: @hodge@Dogbert, @Nogbad the Bad (4), @Robert the bruce@JonDolman@JBFC II@old_eastender (3), @Septic Peg@Red Rum@Tipps69@BarmyArmy@AdenFlintIsHavingAParty (2)

NOTES: @bampy & @Corshamred confused me with inconsistencies; @Dogbert only one to name a Wolves scorer; OH CRAP WE'RE GOING TO RELEGATED AREN'T WE?!

TABLE:

2l92hqa.jpg

FULHAM (A)

WON: 1-2 AHHHH YEAH WE BLOODY DID

WINNER: Tomlin

OTHER WINNER: All of us

RELEVANT WINNER TO THIS THREAD: @bissellredhead (6 points: result, FGS, goalscorer, 2 #BEFTP)

SOME POINTS: @ExiledAjax (5), @citywest30@Tipps69@Nogbad the Bad@BarmyArmy@Welcome To The Jungle@cityexile@bcfctim (4), @Red Rum@napper@RedYoshi@Septic Peg@redsquirrel (3)

NOTES: WE ARE STAYING UP, SAY WE ARE STAYING UP; @Welcome To The Jungle had a last minute City winner; @I am the mole only one to think Pack would score.

TABLE:

2ahw429.jpg

BOLTON (H)

WON: 6-0

HOW MUCH?: 6-bloody-0

WINNER: @Septic Peg (7 points: result, half-time, 2 goalscorers, goal timing, wildcard)

SOME POINTS: @Red Rum@napper@Welcome To The Jungle@DownendRed97 (6), @Davefevs@hodge@cityexile@Tipps69 (5), @Nogbad the Bad@exAtyeoMax@Cider_boy@JoeAman08@RedM (4)

NOTES: @I am the mole bonus point for a 7-1 prediction; @exAtyeoMax & @deadredfred only ones to pick Wilbs as FGS; WE ARE GOING UP, SAY WE ARE GOING UP.

TABLE:

aoubm8.jpg

HULL (A)

LOST: 4-0

WINNER: @RedYoshi (8 points: all #BEFTP, ridiculously)

SOME POINTS: @RedM (5), @redfieldred (4), @Nogbad the Bad (3, and actual winner because he got the result and it wasn't inflated at all by the ludicrous #BEFTP), @HLR@Woodsy@Palmers Green Red@Septic Peg (2, genuinely earned with the correct result)

NOTES: Oh. Damn. Maybe we're staying where we are after all. @Palmers Green Red @Septic Peg correctly forecasted a two goal deficit at half-time.

TABLE:

30dfoe9.jpg

ROTHERHAM (H)

DREW: 1-1

WINNERS: @Septic Peg@Davefevs (4 points: result, scoreline, goalscorer) & @cityexile (4 points: result, scoreline, half-time)

SOME POINTS: @Tipps69@bissellredhead@brad blit (3), @Welcome To The Jungle (2), @fatchers@Dollymarie@Chivs@bcfctim@Nomad (1)

NO POINTS: Everyone else (which wasn't many because I'd failed to get the thread out. Cheers Septic).

NOTES: Dirty Northern B*stards; Warnock; ow my head, oh no it's fine; uh oh....; I wasn't here, but I was there, and it was ANGRY. Phwoar.

TABLE:

2mepfza.jpg

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY (H)

WON: 4-1

WINNER: @bissellredhead (7 points: result, goalscorer, goal timing, 4 #BEFTP)

SOME POINTS: @Welcome To The Jungle (5), @Woodsy, @Red Rum@HLR@hodge (4), @redsquirrel@bcfctim@Dogbert (3)

NOTES: I was on a boat. Nearly fell overboard when I heard the result; @I am the mole probably didn't, going for 7-1 again, but no bonus this time I'm afraid; this Bobby Reid fella ain't bad, is he?; we're definitely staying up now...right?

TABLE:

2lb2c2e.jpg

BRENTFORD (A)

DREW: 1-1

WINNER: @Gilts (who still doesn't turn up in the tagging options...) (8 points: result, scoreline, half-time, 4 #BEFTP)

SOME POINTS: @RedM (6), @Cider_boy@EstoniaTallinnRed@MigratedRobin@Dollymarie (5), @Septic Peg@BarmyArmy@hodge@Nomad@Dogbert@Red Rum (4)

NOTES: @RedM our only goal timer, on the stroke of half-time; at that point, I can be seen clapping Tomlin's strike in amongst the home fans; nobody thought their bloke would score, least of all him after missing the penalty.

TABLE:

2vcsxhc.jpg

DERBY (H)

LOST: 2-3

WINNER: @Dogbert (7 points: result, 2 goalscorers, 2 goal timings, 2 #BEFTP)

SOME POINTS: @ExiledAjax@Davefevs@napper@hodge@Major Isewater (4), @cityexile@brad blit@Welcome To The Jungle@Nomad@HLR@Tipps69@Chivs@bcfctim@Septic Peg@Chairman Mao@Gilts (3)

NOTES: @Nomad only half-timer; what a ridiculous match.

TABLE:

2aa0wmv.jpg

BLACKBURN (A)

DREW: 2-2

WINNER: CITY - WE ARE STAYING UP, BIATCH

THIS WINNER: @Davefevs (7 points: result, scoreline, 4 #BEFTP)

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER: I've never liked that phrase

SOME POINTS: @RedM (6), @hodge@cityexile@bcfctim@UK0wnag3 (5), @redsquirrel@Robin in Sri Lanka@ExiledAjax@Septic Peg@Welcome To The Jungle (4)

FEWER/NO POINTS: .......Everyone else.

NOTES: @ExiledAjax only wildcard; @Welcome To The Jungle only time; @Tipps69 & @RedM only FGS; we only went and did it.

TABLE:

x1n2ao.jpg

HUDDERSFIELD (H)

WON: 4-0 - PARTY TIME

WINNER: @RedM (9 points: result, 3 goalscorers, 2 goal timings, 3 #BEFTP)

SOME POINTS: @bcfctim, @cityexile@Cider_boy@Tipps69@napper@Dollymarie (8), @Robert the bruce@Welcome To The Jungle@bissellredhead@Red Rum (7), @redfieldred@Major Isewater@Woodsy@redsquirrel (6)

FEWER/NO POINTS: Everyone. Else.

NOTES: OH MY GOD WHAT A GOAL; @Dollymarie only one to get all three awards correct (obviously, 'cos Flint won); see you in your shiny new suit, Ashton Gate.

TABLE:

33wqjya.jpg

Now let's just take a second here.

@Ian M, King for so long, went AWOL a while ago, stranding himself on Nelson and slipping down to 13th. @Nogbad the Bad, seemingly the most likely to pounce on myself and Ian in such circumstances, may also have thrown it away. Meanwhile, @hodge's consistency since first reaching the summit on September 5th has left him in prime position to sneak up on the leaders, who are only separated by 3 points themselves - @Welcome To The Jungle's 4-3 technique leaving him with no correct scorelines, but giving him a glut of goalscorers with which he can challenge @Tipps69's much more methodical and all-round approach.

Throw in 16 people above 100 points, a bumper final day WILDCARD category worth 22 points, and a potentially infinite #BEFTP, and I think it's safe to say that it is all to play for.

In fact, if things were to go their way, and with very accurate maths, I think anyone down to about 23rd could win. (Sorry, @BarmyArmy).

So, without further ado, and with the crowd salivating over the result...

Q.P.R. (A)

LOST: 1-0

WINNER: ...

You think I'm gonna give it away that easily without some actual "further ado"?! Come on, have you not been paying attention at all?!

I can tell you that only @Nogbad the Bad and @BarmyArmy got the result right. Suddenly, half the people I just gave hope to are ruled out entirely.

Neither of them secured the scoreline.

The winner of this game scored 10 points. Enough for any of the top 5 to have won.

Potentially more if there were point deductions...

(There weren't).

So...in reverse order...your #GOTIB15to16CPL top 10 are....were....used to be....may not still be the same people because it's been so long since it started...:

10th: @Davefevs 116 points

9th: @RedM 117 points

8th: @HLR 117 points

7th: @RedYoshi 123 points

6th: @Nogbad the Bad 125 points

5th: @Septic Peg 126 points

4th: @Cider_boy 127 points

3rd: @Welcome To The Jungle 132 points

2nd: @hodge 132 points

Which of course means that the winner, the champion, the lord of predictions, is...

@Tipps69 with a whopping 139 points.

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::worship2::worship2::worship2::bounce::bounce::bounce::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::bounce::bounce::bounce::worship2::worship2::worship2::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

CONGRATULATIONS

There will be a prize. There will probably also be more waffle at some stage. Records, streaks, pointless stuff - you know.

The #GOTIBCPL will also return in its 2016/17 guise. However, at the moment, there's still some snagging to do and it's going to have to be a soft launch, while work continues throughout the first few weeks or months of the season. Some concession stands may not be open, while the #BEFTP may not be immediately available, but we can assure you that you'll be happy with the final product if you just bear with us.

Also, there will be screens.

For the time being, farewell, and enjoy the first game at our newly almost-finished home. I'll be in a field, and further details will follow regarding this year's foolish frolics upon my return.

Thanks for all the fish.

[Final Top 75]

2mzf8uv.jpg

Archived