IGNORED

Callum Robinson

Br1stolCityBoy

Worryingly, he gets a pretty bad rap on the Preston forum

I'd be more inclined to trust Cotterill and Burt's overall record in the transfer market over the bitter opinions of a few fat pie eaters on a Northern Monkeys football forum. Yes, they have seen him play, but that doesn't mean they know what they are watching.

Whilst this seems like a good signing given the circumstances, I can't help but think this is the plan B coming into action?

I was thinking the same!

Still think we will have another big money signing coming though! It won't be until nearer the end of the month but I reckon SC and KB are playing the waiting game on someone :fingerscrossed:

Couple of tidy goals in this clip, I know you can't tellfrom this but he looks promising.

I've got some serious doubts about this player.

If you watch it back, look at his second goal...

When he runs off to celebrate (about 54 seconds into the vid), he's clearly got his label from his shorts hanging out.

Is that the sort of player we want at OUR club FFS?

I've got some serious doubts about this player.

If you watch it back, look at his second goal...

When he runs off to celebrate (about 54 seconds into the vid), he's clearly got his label from his shorts hanging out.

Is that the sort of player we want at OUR club FFS?

If you notice they are playing Havant and Waterlooville. The PNE boss said that we should beat this lot inside out. Robinson then put his shorts on inside out. Shows he does what the boss says. Good sign.

He had a good first spell there though I believe at Preston. He may fit better with our style of play as well. I mean would you rather not have him? Would you rather have given Burns a chance? Because Cotts certainly would rather have him or he wouldn't be here. Every player Cotts and the team have bought in since last summer, be it loans or purchases, have been above average at worst. Do we forget that? I don't forget it and even if this lad fails to perform, I'll give them a pass. Especially as it is a loan.

I saw the words 'shite' and 'bang average even at League One level'. But let's give the lad a chance. He's young after all, and who knows if he was being played out of position or whatever

These are the same fans who said PNE would bottle the playoff final and they were doomed to stay in League 1 for another 10 years.  Most of them did anyway.

The key to our success lasts season was Cotterill and Burt's ability to identify players who fitted our system. The major revelation was Wilbraham, who was universally damned as a bad signing because of his track record prior to signing, yet performed superbly within our team.

Hopefully Robinson, along with Fredericks and Kodjia have been identified as having ability and strengths that will enable them to fit into and do well in our system, notwithstanding how well they have or haven't done at previous clubs. Coterill has also stated that our signings will be competing for first team places , so I trust his judgement that these signings are good enough to strengthen our squad and team.

He had a good first spell there though I believe at Preston. He may fit better with our style of play as well. I mean would you rather not have him? Would you rather have given Burns a chance? Because Cotts certainly would rather have him or he wouldn't be here. Every player Cotts and the team have bought in since last summer, be it loans or purchases, have been above average at worst. Do we forget that? I don't forget it and even if this lad fails to perform, I'll give them a pass. Especially as it is a loan.

Yeah I'd agree with all of that

Huge potential, can cross a ball with either foot and has great vision.

Not the best finisher yet but adds so much going forward, great ball control and his incicisive passing is arguably better than anyone we have at the moment.

Great signing.

Wow! That's pretty glowing considering we've got freeman. I've never watched him so can't comment but that's an impressive review.

The key to our success lasts season was Cotterill and Burt's ability to identify players who fitted our system. The major revelation was Wilbraham, who was universally damned as a bad signing because of his track record prior to signing, yet performed superbly within our team.

Hopefully Robinson, along with Fredericks and Kodjia have been identified as having ability and strengths that will enable them to fit into and do well in our system, notwithstanding how well they have or haven't done at previous clubs. Coterill has also stated that our signings will be competing for first team places , so I trust his judgement that these signings are good enough to strengthen our squad and team.

He definitely fits into the way we play, he's got all the attributes that make me think he's a mix of Scott Murray & Luke Freeman (potentially) although he's far from the finished article I think he will be a great addition to the squad.

He's the kind of player that as a defender you'd not want to see him warming up after having to deal with Kodjia or Freeman for 60/70 minutes, exciting stuff.

Huge potential, can cross a ball with either foot and has great vision.

Not the best finisher yet but adds so much going forward, great ball control and his incicisive passing is arguably better than anyone we have at the moment.

Great signing.

Big shout. How do you know all this?

Not convinced by this. Not a great goal scoring record, doesn't seem ready for the championship yet and won't/ shouldn't be a starter for us. I think Cotterill may have hit the panic button.

Low risk signing with prospects.

Panic button = burdening yourself with high cost contracts.

I trust him on this one.

Archived