IGNORED

Callum Robinson

Br1stolCityBoy

Not convinced by this. Not a great goal scoring record, doesn't seem ready for the championship yet and won't/ shouldn't be a starter for us. I think Cotterill may have hit the panic button.

Thanks for that!

Makes me Laugh how so many people on here are running him down already. He's young, wants to prove himself at the top level. Besides that we now have loads of pace all over the pitch. There's going to be a lot of worried defences this season.

Forum rules BCB.

I saw the words 'shite' and 'bang average even at League One level'. But let's give the lad a chance. He's young after all, and who knows if he was being played out of position or whatever

The lads clearly got some ability and our style should involve him a lot more than Preston's kick, rush and elbow 'em in the face style of play.

I think he looks like a great addition and yet another good bit of business done under the radar.

Not convinced by this. Not a great goal scoring record, doesn't seem ready for the championship yet and won't/ shouldn't be a starter for us. I think Cotterill may have hit the panic button.

The irony of a reactionary post based on barely anything, accusing someone else of panicking!

Huge potential, can cross a ball with either foot and has great vision.

Not the best finisher yet but adds so much going forward, great ball control and his incicisive passing is arguably better than anyone we have at the moment.

Great signing.

Agree with that. He's always stood out to me when I've seen him play which has not been much but like I said jumped out every time. Always very forward. Dribbling at defenders with good pace and quickness. Like I've said, I've seen us change formation in ganes( recall JET playing as a RW a few times) and I imagine Robinson will give us that option at times when we are down. Something like Little coming off for him. Back 4 of Ayling, Flint, Williams, Joe same 3 mid with Pack Smith and Freeman behind Wilbs with 2 of the 3 Robinson Agard and Kodjia on the two wings.

Basically he gives us options off the bench and can provide striker/attacking mid cover

Wow! That's pretty glowing considering we've got freeman. I've never watched him so can't comment but that's an impressive review.

I only got to see him due to working in Brum for a while, my mate was a mad villa fan and we watched a lot of their younger teams and reserves, sometimes under duress and bribery of a curry after!

I was pretty shocked at the standard of Villas youngsters, mostly homegrown and excellent in the whole.

I've seen him a fair bit on TV too, also watched quite a bit of Preston, Burnley, Bradford, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Bolton and even Halifax, amazing where a free bus pass will take you.

The lads clearly got some ability and our style should involve him a lot more than Preston's kick, rush and elbow 'em in the face style of play.

I think he looks like a great addition and yet another good bit of business done under the radar.

I hope there's at least an element of this which is tongue-in-cheek. Preston were one of the best sides I saw us play against when we went to Deepdale last season, and it was far from kick and rush. Neither was the way they demolished Swindon in the play-off final. Preston being thugs seems to be a widely-held misconception.

I only got to see him due to working in Brum for a while, my mate was a mad villa fan and we watched a lot of their younger teams and reserves, sometimes under duress and bribery of a curry after!

I was pretty shocked at the standard of Villas youngsters, mostly homegrown and excellent in the whole.

I've seen him a fair bit on TV too, also watched quite a bit of Preston, Burnley, Bradford, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Bolton and even Halifax, amazing where a free bus pass will take you.

Awesome, very encouraging.

Villa have a great youth system, Johnson, Grealish etc

Not convinced by this. ............................................... I think Cotterill may have hit the panic button.

Blimey, talk about pot kettle black, comments like this are rich given the recent forum hysteria on here prior to the last few days. (maybe not from you personally B Army, but there's been plenty of panicking posters on here... ) Reckon news of Cotts signing an autograph would have provoked a huge forum reaction this time last week, this stage we should trust the manager and be over the moon positive about everything we get right now - looking forward to an away point or three at Wednesday btw :) )

COYR's ..... Its time to get warmed up for the Championship ....

Have watched him a few times in Development football....last time being at FGR a couple of weeks ago.

Can play anywhere across a front three...central or wider. Good pace and distribution with an eye for goal.

Holds the ball up well too. Seemed to have good control and turns particularly well and has good vision.

From the young Villa lads, it would be him or Jerell Sellars that i'd choose for a place up front.

Good cover while Agard is out especially.

I've got some serious doubts about this player.

If you watch it back, look at his second goal...

When he runs off to celebrate (about 54 seconds into the vid), he's clearly got his label from his shorts hanging out.

Is that the sort of player we want at OUR club FFS?

I think we need more of this sort of thing. Back in the "good old days" the more rebellious players had their shirts out and socks around their ankles, combined with farcical perms.

The key to our success lasts season was Cotterill and Burt's ability to identify players who fitted our system. The major revelation was Wilbraham, who was universally damned as a bad signing because of his track record prior to signing, yet performed superbly within our team.

Hopefully Robinson, along with Fredericks and Kodjia have been identified as having ability and strengths that will enable them to fit into and do well in our system, notwithstanding how well they have or haven't done at previous clubs. Coterill has also stated that our signings will be competing for first team places , so I trust his judgement that these signings are good enough to strengthen our squad and team.

Exactly! The club have done exactly what the said they would do. Not sure KB gets any real Kudos for what he does to pull this kind of thing off. Codger has massive potential and was chased/watched by a host of clubs. Fredericks was wanted back at Boro yet he chose to come here when it was clear he was surplus at Spurs. Now this fella comes here on a loan when it became clear Villa were looking at other options for the coming season. These kind of deals take time and effort

All look great signings and provide competition not just squad players!!

Panic button!...! As above.

He definitely fits into the way we play, he's got all the attributes that make me think he's a mix of Scott Murray & Luke Freeman (potentially) although he's far from the finished article I think he will be a great addition to the squad.

He's the kind of player that as a defender you'd not want to see him warming up after having to deal with Kodjia or Freeman for 60/70 minutes, exciting stuff.

Exactly! The club tends to like to play 352, however this will/can be modified to break teams down. Players need to be able to adapt to playing different ways and this is what SC and KB are looking to achieve. Exciting stuff....We have pace and tempo all over he field, I suspect an experience player to come yet, but who knows!!

Low risk signing with prospects.

Panic button = burdening yourself with high cost contracts.

I trust him on this one.

Dead right...A loan like this was not done in a day!

I seem to remember Flint getting "mixed reviews" from Swindons knowledgeable fans.

Yes and ours...That was mainly because he struggled under SOD. Why....? You would need to ask Aiden....SC has turned him into the player we thought we had signed and a long way better

Exciting times!!!!!!!

I think we need more of this sort of thing. Back in the "good old days" the more rebellious players had their shirts out and socks around their ankles, combined with farcical perms.

Then I think Jack Grealish must be 'on our radar'.

He plays without pulling his socks up.

Aston-Villas-Christian-Benteke-left-cele

Then I think Jack Grealish must be 'on our radar'.

He plays without pulling his socks up.

Aston-Villas-Christian-Benteke-left-cele

Won't come here because he's just moved to Liverpool along with his Siamese twin.

This is shocking...where are all the in the knows...

Surely should leak it to them, so that they can leak it to us and they can gloat how much they know...

Don't worry. Once they've finished downloading updates for FM/FIFA they'll be along to tell us the exact details of the loan. His wages, who's paying him and what clubs he's already turned down.

Let's hope Fredericks isn't pony then...

Spurs have a plethora of RB's....and Fredericks wants first team football....so it is to our advantage that he's been developed at a top club, but see's us as the next step on the ladder to his career. No point languishing on the bench or reserves regardless of how big your club is....I like his attitude for that.

That's true - but what about Ryan Fredricks?

I suppose you could say a club wanting to hang onto a player, i.e Robinson, is a definite good sign.

A club willing to let a youngster go, i.e Fredericks, could be for a number of reasons, so it's not necessarily a bad sign.

Archived