IGNORED

Callum Robinson

Br1stolCityBoy

Hello there again, thought I'd give you a some comments on your new signing, given that we had him on loan on two separate occasions last season!

When he first arrived, nobody knew much about him, and he was mooted as a striker. However, from a few, impressive cameo appearance from the bench, it quickly became clear that his best position was on the left side of a 4-3-3.

In his first spell, once he broke into the starting XI, he was superb. Good with both feet, quick, direct and had a few goals and assists in his locker. In the game at Ashton Gate, when we beat you 1-0 and he scored, he was particularly outstanding. However, that would be his last game for a while, as Paul Lambert recalled him!

After playing precisely zero minutes of football from the end of November until the end of January(well done Lambert), and having picked up a knock in training, he rejoined us on loan for the rest of the campaign.

Unfortunately, this spell of playing no football had clearly hampered his form and progression a bit. In his second spell with us, apart from a great performance in a win away at MK Dons, he wasn't as impressive. He often went missing in games, didn't have the same confidence, and eventually ended up as a bit of a squad player.

Don't get me wrong though, I would have taken him on loan for another season. With a full season without the threat of a recall, he will do well. He is a young player who will only get better, and who, in my opinion, will suit the championship better than league 1.

Grayson has confirmed today that we enquired about a player, thought to be Robinson, who we thought would want to return to the club, but wanted a new experience and new challenge in a new city at a different football club, which is fair enough.

In my view, he is a very decent signing for you, but remember that he is still 20 years old, and at times will lack consistency and his decision making can be poor from time to time. He does have the potential to one day play in the Premier League.

I wish him, and your club all the best apart from when you face us.

Cheers.

Hello there again, thought I'd give you a some comments on your new signing, given that we had him on loan on two separate occasions last season!

When he first arrived, nobody knew much about him, and he was mooted as a striker. However, from a few, impressive cameo appearance from the bench, it quickly became clear that his best position was on the left side of a 4-3-3.

In his first spell, once he broke into the starting XI, he was superb. Good with both feet, quick, direct and had a few goals and assists in his locker. In the game at Ashton Gate, when we beat you 1-0 and he scored, he was particularly outstanding. However, that would be his last game for a while, as Paul Lambert recalled him!

After playing precisely zero minutes of football from the end of November until the end of January(well done Lambert), and having picked up a knock in training, he rejoined us on loan for the rest of the campaign.

Unfortunately, this spell of playing no football had clearly hampered his form and progression a bit. In his second spell with us, apart from a great performance in a win away at MK Dons, he wasn't as impressive. He often went missing in games, didn't have the same confidence, and eventually ended up as a bit of a squad player.

Don't get me wrong though, I would have taken him on loan for another season. With a full season without the threat of a recall, he will do well. He is a young player who will only get better, and who, in my opinion, will suit the championship better than league 1.

Grayson has confirmed today that we enquired about a player, thought to be Robinson, who we thought would want to return to the club, but wanted a new experience and new challenge in a new city at a different football club, which is fair enough.

In my view, he is a very decent signing for you, but remember that he is still 20 years old, and at times will lack consistency and his decision making can be poor from time to time. He does have the potential to one day play in the Premier League.

Cheers.

Nice balanced report. :-)

Cheers.

Cheers for that fella. I'm really excited about seeing Callum play for us after his performance at Ashton Gate. I suspect he'll be used mainly as a sub, but seems to have that spark and ability to do something special that the departed Jay Emmanuel-Thomas had. I hope we get a look at him today

Cheers for that fella. I'm really excited about seeing Callum play for us after his performance at Ashton Gate. I suspect he'll be used mainly as a sub, but seems to have that spark and ability to do something special that the departed Jay Emmanuel-Thomas had. I hope we get a look at him today

One final thing I will add about Robinson is that he's just a nice, down-to-earth, young lad.

Sometimes with young Premier League loanees, they aren't really bothered about results, and think they've already made it, and can be a bit big headed, but that simply wasn't the case with him.

He really bought into what we were trying to do at PNE and will probably do the same for you.

One final thing I will add about Robinson is that he's just a nice, down-to-earth, young lad.

Sometimes with young Premier League loanees, they aren't really bothered about results, and think they've already made it, and can be a bit big headed, but that simply wasn't the case with him.

He really bought into what we were trying to do at PNE and will probably do the same for you.

Ticks all the boxes of a city player in the Cotts/Burt regime

Thank PNE. Judging from his tweet this morning I'd agree with the last paragraph.

@CallumRobbo37: Game day is here, time to go get them 3 points we all want ??? @bcfctweets #caaaaamon

Just signed up to see if I can follow the kid this year. I see PNE has beaten me to a pretty good run down of his time with them. Pretty stupid decision from our point of view to recall him especially considering he was never used and then sent back. If you remember our club record streak of not scoring ever last year we were all up for giving him a go. Benteke and Kozak were both injured. Agbonlahor and Weimann wont score you many goals in the premier league and were struggling. However he never even made the bench for a while when he got recalled from Preston and that left us fans totally baffled.

He's definately ready for league football though and he needs games if he's ever going to fulfil his potential. U21 league would be pretty pointless for him. The word from the youth setup has always suggested he might just have the application and attitude to make it and at his age it's probably the most important factor after ability. He's a pretty direct player. He'll do well playing up front with a big strong partner or left side of a 3 and he'll score you goals. Question for us is can he kick on now or will he end up another forward coming out of our academy destined for a career in the lower leagues like Delphouneso.

Our Academy is probably more well known for churning out centre backs (how is Derek williams getting on btw?) but as fans we are desperate for some goal scorers to make the step up. The team of NextGen winners Drennan, Graham and Burke have all moved on without making an impact on the first team. Robinson is the next hope. Grealish and Sellars are honestly better on the ball than him but Robinson has an eye for goal. Hopefully he can cement a first team spot with you and refind the form he found pre christmas at Preston.

Lastly I just wanted to say theres alot of people that think you are a really good fit. Right player at the right club. Sherwood has spoken alot about only sending the youngsters out on loan if it's the right club. here's a few fans views off of one of our forums

Good luck to him, he looked very alive in preseason I'm sure he'll be great for Bristol.

Would have liked to see him around the team but development wise a loan is a good move, plus a great club in the right situation too.

If he gets enough game-time this could be a great move for him and us.

They were quite an attacking side last season from what little I saw and read on them, it's a step up in division for him too so if he proves he can do it at championship level then he'll get a crack at the Prem next year I'm sure of it. (considering that Timmy obviously rates the ability to score goals at Championship level, i.e. Gestede)

Best of luck to you for the season ahead and I hope you get to see the best of him.

Just wondered how he got on in his 26 minute cameo against Brentford?

Difficult game to make an impact on with us going down to

10 men after 35 mins.

I was impressed with what I saw though. Energetic, some good footwork and tried to go forward with purpose even though we were struggling to create.

Looks like he'll be a good addition. I imagine he'll get a chance in the next three games to stake a claim whilst Freeman is banned.

Just wondered how he got on in his 26 minute cameo against Brentford?

He impacted a game that we were chasing and got in to the game from cold with 25 mins left. Don't think you can really ask for more than that so I would say he did well.

He may find he gets more game time as a result of our sending off, but with three tough games ( Leeds, Middlesborough and Burnley) he may be a tad too direct for what we need - relying upon yours and PNE's reports

Archived