IGNORED

Callum Robinson

Br1stolCityBoy

Looks promising, but I would add, it cannot say much of our academy forwards, instead of developing someone else's forward shouldn't we be developing our own? at the end of the day this guy has experience at league 1 level, even our own Burns has more than that.

Possibly a very good signing, but I am not entirely sure it is the direction we should be taking... now if he had had been playing at our level on loan previously and performed well, then my thoughts would have been different.

good luck to the lad, I hope he does add something different and does have the ability to improve the team, as this is what we are supposedly looking for.

Looks promising, but I would add, it cannot say much of our academy forwards, instead of developing someone else's forward shouldn't we be developing our own? at the end of the day this guy has experience at league 1 level, even our own Burns has more than that.

Possibly a very good signing, but I am not entirely sure it is the direction we should be taking... now if he had had been playing at our level on loan previously and performed well, then my thoughts would have been different.

good luck to the lad, I hope he does add something different and does have the ability to improve the team, as this is what we are supposedly looking for.

I really can't see Burns being up to this standard. I know he's young and still has time on his side but he's been anonymous almost every time he's been in a City shirt and has done very little to impress on loan even when dropping down the leagues.

Because our academy lads yet again arn't good enough. It amazes me that burns and in particular Reid have even got this far to be honest, unless there is a dramatic improvement in the next 6 months from either (what evidence have we seen that this will happen?) then they will be shipped out and gone..

Lets be honest Joe Bryan is the best young player we have produced probably in a decade or more.. Says a lot really, 1 out of the how many hundreads of kids that have been on the books in that time..

I really can't see Burns being up to this standard. I know he's young and still has time on his side but he's been anonymous almost every time he's been in a City shirt and has done very little to impress on loan even when dropping down the leagues.

You say that, but Burns impressed on his subs outing at championship level, this guy has never even played at championship level, so we really do not know if he will be an improvement, which was the caveat given by Cotterill when signing players.

Because our academy lads yet again arn't good enough. It amazes me that burns and in particular Reid have even got this far to be honest, unless there is a dramatic improvement in the next 6 months from either (what evidence have we seen that this will happen?) then they will be shipped out and gone..

Lets be honest Joe Bryan is the best young player we have produced probably in a decade or more.. Says a lot really, 1 out of the how many hundreads of kids that have been on the books in that time..

Well that's a givmme, we have produced bugger all for years yet still chuck millions into this black hole.  I agreed with Ashtonyate in the dim and distant past, and I still have no reason to disagree with it..  Just now it will be even harder to keep the genuinely good ones as they get snaffled for Cat1 academies 

Well that's a givmme, we have produced bugger all for years yet still chuck millions into this black hole. I agreed with Ashtonyate in the dim and distant past, and I still have no reason to disagree with it.. Just now it will be even harder to keep the genuinely good ones as they get snaffled for Cat1 academies

I always did agree with Ashtonyate.. Its a conplete and utter waste of money our academy and lets be honest a lot of academys around the country.

At the end of the day, Burns is fairly tall and very quick. He might not get any better than he is now, but if he improves, he has the raw ingredients to make a very decent player. Depends really on his attitude and willingness to learn, which I can't comment on as I don't know the lad. I won't be writing him off

Given the amount we've (seemingly) spent and what we have on board I think we've done rather well in the close season.  Just a shame they didn't arrive earlier.  How good would it have been if they were all in Portugal?!

it dont matter,they can gel at flintys house,he partys every night  and if they cant get there,can always shack up at frankies

Whilst he would certainly seem to be a promising signing for this season, I can't help but feel it will be a shame we are developing him for someone else to reap the benefits at a later stage.

Like Preston must be gutted that they had to endure the likes of David Beckham and Danny Welbeck..?

I'm sure they would rather not have had them, just to help out the likes of man Utd, Real Madrid & arsenal.

We should cut our losses now and send him back before he does well. That will show them who's boss!

That's true - but what about Ryan Fredricks? ?

Fair question in response to that point, but Fredricks not being good enough to get in the Spurs team is very different to being good enough for us. He's proven at our level and the most surprising thing was the fee. He was a great bit of business.

You say that, but Burns impressed on his subs outing at championship level, this guy has never even played at championship level, so we really do not know if he will be an improvement, which was the caveat given by Cotterill when signing players.

He barely made an impact in the Championship, it was under Cotterill in League 1 he looked promising against tired defenders in the last 10 minutes of games. I don't mean to write him off but it needs pointing out, because he's really not proven over 90 minutes for us.

Anyone reckon there may be a purchase option at the end of this year? How often do we see clubs sign players on season-long loans and then make them permanent the following summer.

Even if there isn't, depending on Villa and our own circumstances in a year's time it could go from being a done deal to not having a cat in hell's chance.

burns is absolute dog s**t

Who needs fans like you....I hope he scores tomorrow and has a cracking season.

By saying what you have, it reflects on everyone at the Club who coach's and selects him.

Players, family members and Club staff read this forum.... how would you like it, if one of your family members was spoken about in such a manner on an open forum.

I'd like to see you say it to their faces....easy behind a keyboard isn't it.

Have some respect for a player who tries his hardest for your team.... talk about the pros and cons of a players ability....but what you said is just plain ignorant.

Who needs fans like you....I hope he scores tomorrow and has a cracking season.

By saying what you have, it reflects on everyone at the Club who coach's and selects him.

Players, family members and Club staff read this forum.... how would you like it, if one of your family members was spoken about in such a manner on an open forum.

I'd like to see you say it to their faces....easy behind a keyboard isn't it.

Have some respect for a player who tries his hardest for your team.... talk about the pros and cons of a players ability....but what you said is just plain ignorant.

Chill out pal, Jesus.

Archived