IGNORED

Sc Sulking Or Is It A Positive? (Merged)

Tomo

Just watched Cotts on Player. SOME say he will throw toys out of pram when we lose. I am not against that. Cotts being sulky and unhappy if we lose is not a bad thing.

I would rather have a manager showing that he is not happy compared to a manager who sits on the fence and is plain boring.

Passion is a powerful thing to have and I would rather have someone like Cotts saying and talking on a high or on a low as we settle back in the championship.

Keep sulking Steve...nowt wrong with that when we get beat.

Just watched Cotts on Player. SOME say he will throw toys out of pram when we lose. I am not against that. Cotts being sulky and unhappy if we lose is not a bad thing.

I would rather have a manager showing that he is not happy compared to a manager who sits on the fence and is plain boring.

Passion is a powerful thing to have and I would rather have someone like Cotts saying and talking on a high or on a low as we settle back in the championship.

Keep sulking Steve...nowt wrong with that when we get beat.

From his interview on channel 5, that's isn't just sulking, it appears to me that if significant strengthening of the squad hasn't been done by the end of the transfer window, that he may well leave.

Having seen the money spent on the likes of nicky hunt and Damion Stewart, SL is being cautious with big contracts, and at the same time it's clear cotts knows the squad is too thin, and there is only 1 winner if those 2 butt heads.

I disagree - of course Cotts wants to bring in players to improve the squad but at the same time, it is clear that he wants to "stay faithful" to those players that got us promoted last season - I think he will achieve that and add new players before the christmas period. We will be safe at that stage anyway I hope !

I am confident of a top 12 finish and will be happy with that - those who want to moan and complain about today's result need a wake up call and should follow Chelsea if they want to support a team that wins nearly every week,

I am red and proud - and always believe!

Don't think it is sulking.

He doesn't feel he's being given the players to do his job.

Worrying to me.

I posted this on the duplicate post, if this isn't sorted by the end of the transfer window I expect there to be a change of manager. It looks to me that SL is refusing to agree to some big contracts, and the club is missing out on players because of it. That doesn't necessarily make SL wrong given some of the parasites we have had over the years....

As it stands, we are in trouble.

Cotterill hasn't strengthened as he would have liked largely it seems because other clubs were asking silly money for their players and so were agents.

I admire the clubs reluctance to pay over the top for any player and, like others am confident that SC will get in the players he wants. It's just going to take longer than he'd hoped an us fans just have to be patient.

Cotterill hasn't strengthened as he would have liked largely it seems because other clubs were asking silly money for their players and so were agents.

I admire the clubs reluctance to pay over the top for any player and, like others am confident that SC will get in the players he wants. It's just going to take longer than he'd hoped an us fans just have to be patient.

Agreed, I wonder what cotts was promised regarding transfer aspirations and budgets, I wonder if jet and Cunningham would have been allowed to leave with the benefit of hindsight?

he's being an ass, shit happens, he just has the cope with what he's got at the moment and the deals will come

being like this in public doesn't help anyone or anything

Hate to say it but I'm leaning this way. It's a tough one because his performance and record last year is/was perhaps enough To warrant big backing. I can see why he might have had his sights set high.

Firmly behind SL approach in the long term even though in the short term it might seem unambitious.

Loath to criticise Cotts because I can understand why in a short term job he wants the full armoury. it's for the board to convince him of the long term strategy - if they need to.

Hate to say it but I'm leaning this way. It's a tough one because his performance and record last year is/was perhaps enough To warrant big backing. I can see why he might have had his sights set high.

Firmly behind SL approach in the long term even though in the short term it might seem unambitious.

Loath to criticise Cotts because I can understand why in a short term job he wants the full armoury. it's for the board to convince him of the long term strategy - if they need to.

Stick with the long term strategy and it will become an even more long term strategy because we'll be in league 1 again before you know it..

Yep, he either needs to be given the money to go for what he wants or start working with what he has. If we're going with what we have then we need to have a bloody strong, committed, positive attitude as a team and of course that is going to have to start with SC. If SC is going to hold on to bitterness over what's not worked out over the summer I can see it going downhill fast for him.

Maybe it will be better once the transfer window is shut and it's not all hanging in limbo.

I have just seen the interview on the new Channel 5 programme.My view for what it is worth is he looks and sounds very unhappy about the situation regarding bringing players in.He seemed to be fighting back his opinions on what has happened and looked like he was about to explode.As other posters on this thread have said this is a major worry. And as to the view that we are waiting to get the right players in at the right price I think they are wide of the mark.At this level quality players will cost money and it seems that maybe he has not been supported in the players he wanted.If this is the case then it is nothing short of a disgrace not to support the man that has done so much for the Club and given us promotion and one of our best ever seasons. Because some of the sub standard managers that Steve Lansdown has employed have wasted money on dross should not mean that when we have the right man he should be starved of the resources that he needs to do the job.His signings both permanent and loan have on the whole been first class.

So Mr Lansdown get the wallet out and support Steve Cotterill. Not to do so will be one of if not  your biggest mistakes. At last you picked the right man now back him.

Don't buy into this "silly money" argument. Other clubs have managed to sign players, why would "silly money" prices apply only to us? If clubs can afford to turn down the offers we have been making, or have subsequently sold players to another club, that just means we are not willing to pay the market rate.

We cannot blame other clubs for our failure to land the players we need. Everyone is competing in the same market and our failure to land targets is a failure of our recruitment strategy.

Why is it 'worrying' times? Some right knee-jerk reactions on here tonight, blimey.

TBF I'm not normally one to jump to rash conclusions but the interview on the c5 show was unusual. Like I said a few posts ago, IMO whatever's going on needs to be resolved one way or the other, or with a few bad results I get a feeling it might go pear-shaped pretty quickly.

Hopefully everyone can get to a place where they're happy with what they're working with.

Happy.

Just returned from the local village pub some 100 + miles from Bristol with my visiting Gashead friend and introduced him to a City supporting bar manager who inturn informed me of a both a family of reds living in the (small) village and a season ticket holder that also lives in the village.

Gert prowed. One team in Devon.

So, according to some posters on here, we are going to get relegated and Cotterill is going to walk out. A new OTIB record! It used to frustrate me that some fans surrendered before Christmas but a new record is being set now.

Today was our first defeat since FEBRUARY. please, let's just think about that. We lost. We were away. We are new. This is a good league. Can we please wait more than one game before we all throw in the towel?

Archived