IGNORED

Sc Sulking Or Is It A Positive? (Merged)

Tomo

So, according to some posters on here, we are going to get relegated and Cotterill is going to walk out. A new OTIB record! It used to frustrate me that some fans surrendered before Christmas but a new record is being set now.

Today was our first defeat since FEBRUARY. please, let's just think about that. We lost. We were away. We are new. This is a good league. Can we please wait more than one game before we all throw in the towel?

Do you not know though that these are indeed worrying times? Anything other than worry is not acceptable, so worry Southport Red and take your positive thoughts off OTIB!

So, according to some posters on here, we are going to get relegated and Cotterill is going to walk out. A new OTIB record! It used to frustrate me that some fans surrendered before Christmas but a new record is being set now.

Today was our first defeat since FEBRUARY. please, let's just think about that. We lost. We were away. We are new. This is a good league. Can we please wait more than one game before we all throw in the towel?

Did you actually read the posts in this thread before writing this? People are concerned that Cotterill is not happy at the moment based on evidence in recent interviews. Pretty reasonable concern I'd say. How is that throwing in the towel or surrendering exactly? And who has said we are going to get relegated?

What worries me about the transfers is the policy. If a target has been identified and our max wage is say 10k per week but this player checks the boxes of everything we want but will cost 15k a week and we say no. Certainly if we can get 1 or 2 of these it would be prudent. You have reports of crazy wages in this league(read a report where Downing on 50-70k at boro). So to compete and get the quality you have to pay a bit more. We need at least 2 players with at least 50 or so championship starts under their belt and chances are they'll cost more. That's the price to be competitive. I don't want massive debt but we can't have a huge wage bill with who we have let leave. Fredericks was a good deal with sporadic experience and looks a good signing but we need a few that have been around this league a bit. I'd start with a central mid for sure. Someone who can push both Smith and Pack so they have something to think about when they play that poorly again.

What worries me about the transfers is the policy. If a target has been identified and our max wage is say 10k per week but this player checks the boxes of everything we want but will cost 15k a week and we say no. Certainly if we can get 1 or 2 of these it would be prudent. You have reports of crazy wages in this league(read a report where Downing on 50-70k at boro). So to compete and get the quality you have to pay a bit more. We need at least 2 players with at least 50 or so championship starts under their belt and chances are they'll cost more. That's the price to be competitive. I don't want massive debt but we can't have a huge wage bill with who we have let leave. Fredericks was a good deal with sporadic experience and looks a good signing but we need a few that have been around this league a bit. I'd start with a central mid for sure. Someone who can push both Smith and Pack so they have something to think about when they play that poorly again.

Downing 50-70k at Middlesbrough? Where dya read that? Glad we're not paying stupid wages. The future of this club is more important than short term ambition and overspending that could really land us in the shit 82 style. Sure SC will stay and also positive that SL will back him. However, we can't live beyond our means. We need sustainable growth. Agree a central midfielder is a must and I'm sure that SL would be flexible on wages for the right player. I trust them to get it right and am not going to panic after one game.

About 25k too much then! Anyway, that's not 50-70k as was mentioned and tbh I'd rather have Freeman. Ahem. Actually, that's not as sarcastic as it may sound. Really rate the bloke and proof that you don't need to break the bank for quality players. We need to look for our next Flints, Smiths and Freemans at decent fees and wages. Always a gamble if they can make the next step up, but proven quality from the higher divs like Hunt and DJ didn't exactly work in our favour!

I agree mate would rather have Freeman over Downing 100%. Despite one decent season for West Ham I'm still not convinced he's the player he was; and age is bound to start catching up with him.

Completely agree about cherry picking from the lower leagues as well. Someone like Sam Morsy or Yasir Kasim for centre midfield should comfortably step up, and at very modest fees in comparison to proven championship players.

We have some great players however we have very little Championship experience in our side. This was the same problem we faced last time. We just need 2/3 players who have been around the Championship for a while to help guide the younger players. Unfortunately those players command a fee. If I was SC or SL I would be going all out to get Joey Barton in.

Your having a laugh, This is Cotterell not Coppell!... This is a man Who spent money on a Player that costs What Nicky Maynard is ... Ok he has played 1 English match and Maynard played loads but give it a couple of matches he will be a 10+ Goals scorer Garentee! .... I think with the team we have that anything in top 14 id be happy, Fredricks and Robinson only signed days ago so Let them Jel! We've made 3 (IMO) Good Signings But it's a shame it's late on but we have 45 games to Show what we are made of

We have some great players however we have very little Championship experience in our side. This was the same problem we faced last time. We just need 2/3 players who have been around the Championship for a while to help guide the younger players. Unfortunately those players command a fee. If I was SC or SL I would be going all out to get Joey Barton in.

Yeah I agree. Of our starting XI yesterday, only Ayling, Fredericks, Korey Smith and Wilbraham have really had any championship experience.

Get a grip we lost one game.

Forest fans and fans of other clubs have said cotts makes no sense when he loses shit like " if we scored more goals than them we would've have won"

It's just the way he is, we have a bottom six budget he knew this and was on board with this and because we lose one game it's all over we are getting relegated and he's walking out??

We will stay up probably around mid table give ourselves a platform and our budget will increase next year when the stadiums finished!!!

Get a grip we lost one game.

Forest fans and fans of other clubs have said cotts makes no sense when he loses shit like " if we scored more goals than them we would've have won"

It's just the way he is, we have a bottom six budget he knew this and was on board with this and because we lose one game it's all over we are getting relegated and he's walking out??

We will stay up probably around mid table give ourselves a platform and our budget will increase next year when the stadiums finished!!!

I must have seen this 'bottom six budget' written about 20 times.. I have asked before and I will ask again.. can somebody please show proof of this otherwise its plain wrong to espouse it as if its a carved in stone fact. Until that information comes to surface its utterly laughable what people write. Shameful in fact.

I must have seen this 'bottom six budget' written about 20 times.. I have asked before and I will ask again.. can somebody please show proof of this otherwise its plain wrong to espouse it as if its a carved in stone fact. Until that information comes to surface its utterly laughable what people write. Shameful in fact.

Bottom sixth budget but with 1 signing we have spent more than at least 7 clubs.. Its rubbish. I bet you by the time the transfer window is shut we will have spent well over 3 mill and maybe even close to 4 leaving us about mid-table in the spending stakes...

Bottom sixth budget but with 1 signing we have spent more than at least 7 clubs.. Its rubbish. I bet you by the time the transfer window is shut we will have spent well over 3 mill and maybe even close to 4 leaving us about mid-table in the spending stakes...

That sir is a good 'starter for 10'. :)

It was John Pelling who said it. You know, our head of finance chappy. I'd take his word for it. He helped scribe the FFP rules as well, so will know exactly what he's talking about.

Lansdown is definitely watching the pennies this time around after seeing Burnley get promoted after spending hardly anything.

I think yesterday showed we need an experienced player at this level like when Wade came in originally, it was him who made the difference and turned things around. The youngsters need someone to look up to when things get difficult. 

Well said SR.

I was about to post something similar until I saw this post.

Unfortunately common sense is not something we see on here that often.

Lansdown is definitely watching the pennies this time around after seeing Burnley get promoted after spending hardly anything.

I think yesterday showed we need an experienced player at this level like when Wade came in originally, it was him who made the difference and turned things around. The youngsters need someone to look up to when things get difficult.

Could very well be just that. Two over 30's last term was pivotal.

Archived