IGNORED

We've Apparently Signed A Goalkeeper....?!

BS4 on Tour...

What has Stockhausen been unreliable about? If people are referring to the Bunn signing then if reports are to be believed it WAS a done deal bar his medical, which he failed. That's hardly unreliable reporting, just unlucky as it was obviously agreed that it wouldn't be announced so he had to just delete his tweet and pretend it didn't happen.

As for Nixon reporting on Lingard, that was complete bullshit and he's right to be criticised. It was far fetched and made up. Stockhausen may have got things wrong before but he is genuine and I don't recall him making up ridiculous rumours like the Lingard one. Am I wrong?

Yes, Stockhausen claimed that 'according to his sources Lingard is a goer!'

When later on it clearly wasn't going to happen he said he had multiple conflicting sources. Now he's slating Nixon for saying he was coming here.

Stockhausens tweet today:

@AndyStockhausen: @MattTaylorBCFC HI Matt. Trouble with Alan Nixon is, not always reliable. Lingard?!!!!

Can't quite believe the irony in that. And I think it goes to prove that Stockhausens 'source' was the Sun newspaper after all.

Another thought occurs to me. 

Now he has signed, there could well be an explosion of hammer puns on the forum?

Not from me though

I used to do that sort of thing ....    actually it was a bit of a vice

you've hit the nail on the head.

Stockhausen claimed that there was substance to that rumour..

Yes, Stockhausen claimed that 'according to his sources Lingard is a goer!'

When later on it clearly wasn't going to happen he said he had multiple conflicting sources. Now he's slating Nixon for saying he was coming here.

Stockhausens tweet today:

@AndyStockhausen: @MattTaylorBCFC HI Matt. Trouble with Alan Nixon is, not always reliable. Lingard?!!!!

Can't quite believe the irony in that. And I think it goes to prove that Stockhausens 'source' was the Sun newspaper after all.

His source was Nixon, wasn't it? And he is a Sun reporter, isn't he? He obviously thought that it was legit after chasing him up only to find out further down the line that actually it was rubbish!

He's by no means perfect but there is a massive bandwagon attitude towards Stockhausen on here. Far too many people have a chip on their shoulder or slate him just because that's the done thing on here or because 'everyone else must be right' without deciding for themselves. Personally I just don't see it. The majority of the time I find his presence in Twitter and what he offers quite helpful, especially as he works for a small newspaper with limited resources. The negative attitude towards him is a bit OTT in my opinion.

His source was Nixon, wasn't it? And he is a Sun reporter, isn't he? He obviously thought that it was legit after chasing him up only to find out further down the line that actually it was rubbish!

He's by no means perfect but there is a massive bandwagon attitude towards Stockhausen on here. Far too many people have a chip on their shoulder or slate him just because that's the done thing on here or because 'everyone else must be right' without deciding for themselves. Personally I just don't see it. The majority of the time I find his presence in Twitter and what he offers quite helpful, especially as he works for a small newspaper with limited resources. The negative attitude towards him is a bit OTT in my opinion.

No, Stockhausen strongly denied that Nixon was his source. 'Absolutely not!' he said when questioned.

Last pre-season Stockhausen was helpful, seemed to know the goings on at the club. This season I don't think he knows much more than me or you.

I think during last season he was bang on with City, but that is his job

This summer he hasn't had a clue what is going on - the comment about going to Cornwall as it's so quiet, next day Kodjia signs. Someone said a while back that the club weren't giving him any snippets anymore, and I think it's shown. A thread on here will be a headline on BEP website an hour or two later. I really do think he knows less than you or I. What he does have is contacts to check out stories that get mentioned on here or twitter, he can then look God like as he makes it sound like it's happening (Lingard) or not

He should be our reserve keeper rather than Mark Schwarzer even though his kicking is very wayward / dodgy.

Ranieri was saying two or three weeks ago he was looking for a keeper quite a few were saying, including myself, there's a good one at Forest. It fell through at Forest because of their transfer embargo due to Financial Fair Play - I don't think they're allowed to pay a loan fee.

Bringing Schwarzer in for him last season while Schmeichel was injured was a mistake, if he'd stayed in we would've won again sooner.

He deserves to play but I'm unhappy he's out on loan.

Archived