IGNORED

Dwight Gayle-Bid Accepted (Merged, And Merged Again And Again)

zombie

I have no problem with the possibility of an individual on the forum happening to know, directly or indirectly, a footballer. That's plausible enough.

What's not plausible is that this individual would know more than the manager of both clubs involved while a protracted negotiation plays out, that would otherwise have been avoided. At that point we are into the realms of attention seeker.

But don't you think that very often these managers are talking complete bollocks, it's often just to give the media something to talk about, and not actually let on the real facts.

Every ex footballer or managers auto biography's are full of stories about things like this.

We have all read things and realised we were being led up the garden path.

What we get told and what's actually happening behind the scenes are totally different imo.

But don't you think that very often these managers are talking complete bollocks, it's often just to give the media something to talk about, and not actually let on the real facts.

Every ex footballer or managers auto biography's are full of stories about things like this.

We have all read things and realised we were being led up the garden path.

What we get told and what's actually happening behind the scenes are totally different imo.

That's fair, but at I think it's one thing for Pardew and SC to perhaps bend the truth in interviews, and another to believe the word of completely anonymous people online.

As much as I think (and for the reasons Pardew has outlined today, not the humming online) that Gayle will likely not make the move to us, it is quite a step between disbelieving the words from the horse's mouth, to believing rumours online, however credible they might sound.

This place has seen many jolly stories spun about all manner of matters, that seemed plausible, but were revealed as gubbins at the end of it all.

I reckon tomorrow that SC will lay it out; either the boy isn't keen and we've moved on, or he's down next week for talks. Plus; at least we'll have some football to distract us!

Have no sources but got a gut feeling he will be shown round Aston gate tomorrow.

Hope he signs, then move onto a centre midfielder to replace Pack In the team, then need 2 players, completion for Centre back & finally left wing back and we have our squad sorted!!

Agree pup, I can't win,

Aye, but regrettably or not you knew that before posting.

IMO it isn't unreasonable for people to dismiss it, is it Katchina, cottsciderarmy.... You get the picture I'm sure. ITK just feels as laboured as Robbored on a GJ thread.

What's more its pretty low-hanging fruit on this one in that we know it is 'down to the player'. There's no ambiguity here unlike Bunn etc. An opportune chap with those inclinations to appear ITK (and we don't know you from Adam) would be well advised to have a punt on this one.

Aye, but regrettably or not you knew that before posting.

IMO it isn't unreasonable for people to dismiss it, is it Katchina, cottsciderarmy.... You get the picture I'm sure. ITK just feels as laboured as Robbored on a GJ thread.

What's more its pretty low-hanging fruit on this one in that we know it is 'down to the player'. There's no ambiguity here unlike Bunn etc. An opportune chap with those inclinations to appear ITK (and we don't know you from Adam) would be well advised to have a punt on this one.

. Ur right,i have seen many people say what I have and thought ur talking a load of bull when they have nowt to back it up with,so I don't blame them,but

. Ur right,i have seen many people say what I have and thought ur talking a load of bull when they have nowt to back it up with,so I don't blame them,but

I backed up what I had to say some 30 odd pages ago, now you chirp up with some cock and ball story bout your sisters kid (nephew don't forget if you need to buy a birthday card at any point) knowing him.

I may have categorically said he ain't coming from the start, but there's no reason in anyone's language as to why AP or SC would be dragging this out for the hell of it !

I give the lad some credit, he's thinking bout his future and he maybe waiting for more prestigious teams to come along, that's fair enough.

Least I'm open minded about if he'll come or not, now that the managers have spoken openly about it and I'd be delighted to be wrong and have the lad in a City shirt !!

Wow, what an astonishing way to destroy a thread. Lots of people on this forum have shown themselves up tonight, and over the past few days. I cannot even bear to read it all. Let's hope no other fans frequent this place as it's a complete show up. You are supposed to be adults!! Get a grip ffs and stop already. Sad times indeed.

Wow, what an astonishing way to destroy a thread. Lots of people on this forum have shown themselves up tonight, and over the past few days. I cannot even bear to read it all. Let's hope no other fans frequent this place as it's a complete show up. You are supposed to be adults!! Get a grip ffs and stop already. Sad times indeed.

hear hear,people getting their knickers in a twist because I didn't call him my nephew,only otib

I backed up what I had to say some 30 odd pages ago, now you chirp up with some cock and ball story bout your sisters kid (nephew don't forget if you need to buy a birthday card at any point) knowing him.

I may have categorically said he ain't coming from the start, but there's no reason in anyone's language as to why AP or SC would be dragging this out for the hell of it !

I give the lad some credit, he's thinking bout his future and he maybe waiting for more prestigious teams to come along, that's fair enough.

Least I'm open minded about if he'll come or not, now that the managers have spoken openly about it and I'd be delighted to be wrong and have the lad in a City shirt !!

. Sorry if I haven't trawled back 30 pages to read your opinion,dealing in facts here mate

Still have a feeling this one will be announced tommorow. NITK mind

If he gets announced tomorrow, please could someone point him out to me?!? 

I'm guessing he will be holding a BCFC shirt with Gayle on the back which is odd as I'll be wearing a Gayle BCFC shirt also as I'm ITK.

Unless he doesn't get announced then I'm keeping my jacket on.  :w00t:

Tell you what let's start again.

We've had a bid accepted for Dwight Gayle from Crystal Palace. It looks like it's 6 million plus add ons.

Cotts said there have been a couple of conversations, not face to face, and Gayle is now having a think about it. Cotts also said that we can't leave it too long.

Pardew said today that Gayle is reluctant to go, but also expects him to go. He isn't being forced out but it's clear his future now is not with Palace.

Since then, other than the press conferences that are freely available for the general public to see, various other media outlets that we can only read and not be privy to the actual conversations on where they came from have said Gayle is not interested. Most of these came about before Cotts and Pardew spoke.

It's fairly safe to assume at this stage that Gayle is considering what to do as every footballer "dreams" of premier league football and having got there suddenly finds he is down the pecking order and his club have accepted and told him he can leave and go talk to Bristol City.

Discuss

Archived