IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

Why would he leave Brentford to come here ? It does n't look like a step up .

Money in wages

And hopefully being sold the belief that Bristol City are going places

Afraid that if us supporters want good players in at the moment we are going to have to slightly over pay at the moment, if that's the route we are going to go transfer wise

Understand the comments about using that money elsewhere but IF we were to sign a Gayle or Gray for 6-8m do we really think that SC/SL are going to fill the rest of the spaces with cheapo options if at all ???

No chance

Hang on tight ;)

Why do people keep bleating on about a midfielder and defender. Everybody, literally everybody knows we need to sign reinforcements in those positions. People do understand that we can do other deals simultaneously?

If Lansdowns is rubber stamping this kind of deal then we are going to be splashing cash in other positions. Rant over.

Its all about the money squire.

Its all about the perceived size of the club and obviously we are bigger than little albeit rising Brentford.

Its all about how we sell it and i do not doubt Cotts cannot sell it better that dickhausen or what the hec his name is.

WOOT! Holy shit, can this be true? Would be amazing if so, but I swear the Gayle situation knocked years off me.

18 goals in 44 apperare3ces last season, hes a goal scorer and seem the more complete forward than Gayle too, physically better. 

Oh boy here we go again..  :chant6ez:

Aside from a 2.5m bid for Maguire - still on the table I assume.

And a 3m bid for Lees which appears to be dead.

I would think we are interested in a few more.

Let's hope so.

Personally I don't understand this at all.

Our current forward cover is Agard and Robinson, whereas our only defensive cover is El-Abd and our midfield cover is Reid.

I know people will say that we are looking to strengthen in those areas too, but as players in those positions tend to be cheaper and our need is obviously far greater, it seems utterly baffling that all our energy is currently being spent on recruiting yet another forward.

Paying such a high transfer fee perpetuates high transfer fees! I'd really rather that if we have such a war chest, that we spend it on several players rather than one. I don't doubt for a minute his ability, just his worth.

Of course, if his goals were to take us to the golden goose which is the Premier League then the fee will be quickly repaid but it would be a high risk deal (assuming it's a deal at all).

Let's hope so.

Personally I don't understand this at all.

Our current forward cover is Agard and Robinson, whereas our only defensive cover is El-Abd and our midfield cover is Reid.

I know people will say that we are looking to strengthen in those areas too, but as players in those positions tend to be cheaper and our need is obviously far greater, it seems utterly baffling that all our energy is currently being spent on recruiting yet another forward.

Chill GrahamC

You are a wise poster

All the signs are that SLs mojo returned last year and all the right now signs are that he's not having any chance of us falling out of the Championship and in fact is looking upwards

Think for the older amongst us this is gonna be a mouth wide open few weeks

Just a feeling

I think this was part of the reason why Gayle was given the deadline of Saturday or before (Friday), so that City would have the chance to meet face to face with Brentfords money men & Gray himself.

That way we were already in a position to get negotiations going & it gave Gray the ideal opportunity to see what was going on.

Plus it means we had already got this deal a step further than the Gayle deal, as Gray has already been to Bristol & have an initial look around the club & see what developments are happening.

It also gave us a chance to see what we'd be buying first hand.

I can see this being a goer, Cotterill is clearly desperate to get a big signing in & you wouldn't of thought he'd be on loads of money, wages wise.

I could definitely understand him wanting to leave Brentford, I can see their moneyball experiment going down in flames. So if no other club were to meet their valuation for him I could then understand him choosing us.

Paying such a high transfer fee perpetuates high transfer fees! I'd really rather that if we have such a war chest, that we spend it on several players rather than one. I don't doubt for a minute his ability, just his worth.

Of course, if his goals were to take us to the golden goose which is the Premier League then the fee will be quickly repaid but it would be a high risk deal (assuming it's a deal at all).

There are players I bet that we can grab for 3-4m no doubt, tonnes even. But you have to pay for quality players, Brentford will be gutted to lose him, how can you replace that amount of goals, wha is the price?

He fits the bill of what SL said he will get for SC. I think this is a very exciting move if true, omg i hopes it true   :pray:

Archived