IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

WOOT! Holy shit, can this be true? Would be amazing if so, but I swear the Gayle situation knocked years off me.

18 goals in 44 apperare3ces last season, hes a goal scorer and seem the more complete forward than Gayle too, physically better.

Oh boy here we go again.. :chant6ez:

18 in 50, less impressive. That said he looked good on Saturday, but 8m is still an absolute joke.

Don't get too flustered fellow reds about the money ;)

It's just like that slightly awkward moment when your well off mate has one or two glasses of red and wants to pay for everyone's bar bill

You feel a bit awkward , but he has a fair few quid...... He wants to do it..... No ones asking him too......

.... And .... Actually ..... This is alright :D

The other area I scratch my head a little on, is SC has always so far quite liked the one big one, and one nippy one, up front. Always very reluctant to take off the big one, as he also likes the height it seems when dealing defensively with set pieces.

Sure he can change that, and Gray in fairness is somewhere between the two, but on his track record to date, was expecting a younger Wilbs type player.

Anyhow, let's hope he can finally reel one in.

Maybe midfielder and defender deals are taking longer to thrash out?

Many people on here are saying "I'd much rather we spent 3m on a striker and 4m on a midfielder..." I totally agree IF the transfer kitty was 7/8m. If that was the case, I wouldn't even buy another striker.

However, it's all relative. How do we know how much SC and KB have to spend? It's new territory for us, but territory in which the top championship clubs regularly do... Granted many of them get premiership payouts and bonuses, but we have to compete and I envisage SL wants to get to the Prem sooner rather than later .

If SL wants to splash 15/20m on 3 or 4 players, which lets be honest - to him is pocket change; then I say good luck to him and thanks.

From my view, we've left it late trying to get teams budge on their price, but they don't seem to be playing ball - so we have to pay their prices. I trust in SC that he won't neglect the defence and midfield; as Reid and El Abd won't cut it at this level. SC seems frustrated at how long it's taking and I think this is having a negative and distracting impact on the dressing room.

Get it sorted.

I'm strapping in for an exciting few weeks ahead.

The other area I scratch my head a little on, is SC has always so far quite liked the one big one, and one nippy one, up front. Always very reluctant to take off the big one, as he also likes the height it seems when dealing defensively with set pieces.

Sure he can change that, and Gray in fairness is somewhere between the two, but on his track record to date, was expecting a younger Wilbs type player.

Anyhow, let's hope he can finally reel one in.

I'm wondering if Cotts is hoping Kodjia can be the bigger man. He's tall and quick and young enough to bulk up a little. 

Maybe midfielder and defender deals are taking longer to thrash out?

Many people on here are saying "I'd much rather we spent 3m on a striker and 4m on a midfielder..." I totally agree IF the transfer kitty was 7/8m. If that was the case, I wouldn't even buy another striker.

However, it's all relative. How do we know how much SC and KB have to spend? It's new territory for us, but territory in which the top championship clubs regularly do... Granted many of them get premiership payouts and bonuses, but we have to compete and I envisage SL wants to get to the Prem sooner rather than later .

If SL wants to splash 15/20m on 3 or 4 players, which lets be honest - to him is pocket change; then I say good luck to him and thanks.

From my view, we've left it late trying to get teams budge on their price, but they don't seem to be playing ball - so we have to pay their prices. I trust in SC that he won't neglect the defence and midfield; as Reid and El Abd won't cut it at this level. SC seems frustrated at how long it's taking and I think this is having a negative and distracting impact on the dressing room.

Get it sorted.

I'm strapping in for an exciting few weeks ahead.

Nailed It

If we want to be competing at the top end of the league we will need to pay this sort of money , all these people who think we can get players on the cheap or super finds are living in dreamland. There are reasons why players are cheap... there either too old or rubbish. We need to be building a solid top half team and until we have done that we can then start looking around for the bargains but what we need to do now is consolidate to being a good championship team and you have to remember most clubs in this division have twice as many players as us on the books.

So I say bring it on and hopefully another three -four decent signings as well , we certainly don't want to go back down to L1

Archived