IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

Not really sure where all the hate coming from all sounds a bit sour grapes. He has no vested interest in us, it really shouldn't come as a surprise we had an offer accepted ages ago, today proves if the players keen the transfer can go through pretty quickly, had he wanted to come here he would have already. 

How anyone can blame him for choosing Burnley over us I do t know.

We apear to have had him in front of us and not made a compelling argument. Football-wise we are cony compelling..... Recently promoted, no real pedigree and one look at the table..... so unless the financial argument is more than compelling we won't get this type of player.... is this SL's strategy? Make us look ambitious on the face of it without backing up with the wages? One way or another it is hard to see quality players joining us without having to pay a premium at this late stage of the window..... Hope I'm wrong.

Everyone seems to doubt we are offering decent dough , no one knows that , just guessing .

• Admin

Who's up for some serious clutching at straws....

Gary has unfavourited the tweet that said "you can do better than them!"

I wonder if that was anything to do with me? I had an argument with a Brentford about his lack of respect in favouriting that tweet that he was tagged throughout. Maybe my argument resonated with him?

Totally agree, there must be some Aussie/American players out there that could improve us for good value too and no language barrier.

Funny you mention it as Reading is in for American Gyasi Zardes from LA Galaxy and he looks a good striker. Would tick some of the boxes as a 22 year old and athletic. Don't know much about his work rate and finishing though.

Think personally we dodged a bullet here. Not that I don't rate Gray, just think it was an obscene amount of money which should be better spent.

I feel no bitterness toward him, he has probably made a good decision.

I do feel slightly embarrassed for the club though, failure with such a bid is not a healthy association.

Think personally we dodged a bullet here. Not that I don't rate Gray, just think it was an obscene amount of money which should be better spent.

I feel no bitterness toward him, he has probably made a good decision.

I do feel slightly embarrassed for the club though, failure with such a bid is not a healthy association. Not at all my fellow fan.I also feel slightly embarrassed by the whole scenario. And feel other clubs will now take us to the cleaners believing we will spend endless amounts.

Archived