IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

Yeah, that was the main page

312, 339, 341 all had football news in brief over the years, that was always my first stop. Then 390 to see regional sport news

I miss ceefax

341? Might wanna check my facts here. Undoubtedly you'd have visited it a lot though...

Burnley :laughcont:

Fair do to him. What an absolute sh*t hole!

So without trawling through, is that right he 'favorited' a tweet that he could do better then us?

One thing, don't think the lads will need any motivation next week !

Oh, and to Andre, in the true thespian tradition...."Break a leg", and I mean thi most sincerely, folks !

He did, then undid it. Total lack of class.

Could you imagine how livid SC would be if our player did that

Yeah I suppose.  It kind of sums up what he must be like as a person.  Its a very arrogant atittude.  To be fair, get the impression he is whoring himself out to any club that will have him and who will pay the most

Ok they have had Premier League experience, but I wouldnt exactly call Burnley a huge step up from us.

As for us, we need to take a serious look at what we can realistically get.  It was personal terms that we fell down on with this player....so that says to me that we arnt paying the wages.  I cant imagine he will be on astronomical wages at Burnley....as they  like us, operate within a wage structure.  However if we are not prepared to pay top Championship wages....then we need to stop wasting our time on top Championship players

Yeah I suppose. It kind of sums up what he must be like as a person. Its a very arrogant atittude. To be fair, get the impression he is whoring himself out to any club that will have him and who will pay the most

Ok they have had Premier League experience, but I wouldnt exactly call Burnley a huge step up from us.

As for us, we need to take a serious look at what we can realistically get. It was personal terms that we fell down on with this player....so that says to me that we arnt paying the wages. I cant imagine he will be on astronomical wages at Burnley....as they like us, operate within a wage structure. However if we are not prepared to pay top Championship wages....then we need to stop wasting our time on top Championship players

I really don't think it's wages. I think it will be more to do with release clauses, for example, if we failed to get promoted then the player could leave for a set fee.

Perhaps this set fee that the agent wanted was lower than, or the same as what we paid whereas we wanted the fee to be higher, or didn't want the clause altogether.

To me, that makes the most sense. It would make sense for the player to want the clause, it would make sense for us to try not to have it and it would likely be a deal breaker after a day or so of negotiations.

I really don't think it's wages. I think it will be more to do with release clauses, for example, if we failed to get promoted then the player could leave for a set fee.

Perhaps this set fee that the agent wanted was lower than, or the same as what we paid whereas we wanted the fee to be higher, or didn't want the clause altogether.

To me, that makes the most sense. It would make sense for the player to want the clause, it would make sense for us to try not to have it and it would likely be a deal breaker after a day or so of negotiations.

Its all about opinions I guess.  Something dont quite feel right about this one though.  I just get that feeling that there was never any intention of him coming to us, and we were used as a pawn to force the hands of other club like Hull or ....as we can now see, Burnley

I reckon we would have offered him a longer deal but Burnley, his agent thinks, will get him to the prem faster, then a bigger club, sooner than us.

Either way he views both teams as a stepping stone although from what i have seen of him i doubt he will cut it in the Prem; another Gayle type; close but not a Remington.

City will have him in their pocket if he plays against us.

At least they'll be overpaying now and not us!

Will be a lot happier now if we go down the foreign route. Andre Gray didn't exactly set the world on fire last year. Had he done then the Prem clubs would be beating a path to his door. 9M was way over the top. For less than half that we can acquire players with greater potential from abroad who will set the world on fire.

341? Might wanna check my facts here. Undoubtedly you'd have visited it a lot though...

Actually, 341 was the cricket page, test match score if there was one on

Would fall asleep during the Ashes and leave the page up when we were over there, wake up the next morning and get into a bad mood straight away!

Sense doesn't come into modern football transfers .

Still beats most telly today.

Anyone remember the days or cursing while waiting for the page you wanted to come around again? 

Then the development came when you could change the pages yourself. Oh the power!

The best was when there was just one page of scores and you could press the update button and wait for the block to appear in the top corner.....deep breath, have City scored......

I reckon we would have offered him a longer deal but Burnley, his agent thinks, will get him to the prem faster, then a bigger club, sooner than us.

Either way he views both teams as a stepping stone although from what i have seen of him i doubt he will cut it in the Prem; another Gayle type; close but not a Remington.

City will have him in their pocket if he plays against us.

Like on Saturday when he scored?

Archived