IGNORED

' Massive Financial Hole '

BRISTOL86

If we lose Saturday to a Burnley side that pipped us to Gray and generally spending a fair amount - I can see a reaction to this and a busy Monday/Tuesday as Lansdown will see the effects of not investing substantially in the team.

Loans are ok, but I'd always prefer permanent signings ideally.

I watched the Burnley player interview with Dyche yesterday where they discussed the loan system changing next season? First I'd heard of this. Anyone know more about that?

Very true, so if we all knew this - why does it seem to be a surprise to Cotts?

If it does, then it's come as even more of a surprise to SL it would seem.

He's expressed incredulity at the wages/fees being asked for.

It's very reasonable to say that if another club offers a potential signing twice what we can offer him he's unlikely to sign for City. Not much any manager can do about that really.

Whoever instigated the Gayle fiasco we can be fairly sure SL went on to sanction a similar move for Gray

So the owner seems to very much in favour of that being the type of player we ideally bring in -  whether he's been actively pushing for that sort of player we don't know -  but it's become clear to all that even the best we can offer is insufficient.

Tricky one to say the least, as Cotterill succinctly puts it if we can't be competitive at this level what's the point in getting promoted?

Not what we want to hear perhaps but we all know there's only one direction an uncompetitive club will exit this division.

Cock up all around.

Loved ?? I seem to remember back to back games watching us ship 11 goals, not my idea of love fella.

With any appointment it's down to luck,timing and a little talent.

Last year we had all 3 in one go. SC whinging is a little grating but I hope he is trying to sow the seeds with players that we are not a cash cow to be milked.

What I remember from that season, was Benny trying his best with passion and enthusiasm and pretty much every fan getting behind him and the team.

It was hard to take sometimes....but it was what it was, and the fans reacted positively...even though deep down we knew we were doomed.

We had some great players in that team too...

As for right now.... we as a Club and fans, should be bouncing with excitement at the prospect of playing games in the Championship....but ever since the end of last season, it has been nothing but negative comments coming out of the Club...especially from SC. You've only got to read threads and posts on here....to feel that negative 'vibe'.

It's not been well at the Club since the butt end of last season. All SC has done, is moan about lack of transfers, it not working for him and over inflated prices in the Championship. So who's fault is that? Every other Club has found a way to bring players in, regardless of their finances... they find players that fit with their Clubs finances and philosophy. You've only got to read his last quotes from his last interview in the BP to see how ridiculous the situation is...'still learning' and 'not knowing'....are not things you want to be hearing from your manager....especially as him and Burt have plenty of experience in the Championship.

Again in his interview he alludes to when he wanted to bring players in and it not working...he isn't a happy bunny.

What I remember from that season, was Benny trying his best with passion and enthusiasm and pretty much every fan getting behind him and the team.

It was hard to take sometimes....but it was what it was, and the fans reacted positively...even though deep down we knew we were doomed.

We had some great players in that team too...

That's my memory as well Spud, it was pretty poor fair for most of the season, but my God was the crowd behind Bennie. Could compare it to Osman before, and SOD / DMac after, that was just pain

Archived