IGNORED

Fredericks Gone

South Bristol Red

I know SC has a bit of a reputation for red herrings with the press, but he seemed pretty genuine to me when commenting on the situation on RB.

He said personal reasons, and in sport generally that intimates family issues, be it sudden illness of a loved one or matters of the heart, what ever the reason, Fredricks has got himself a transfer nearer the problem he is dealing with and good luck to him.

I despair sometimes at the lack of humanity on this forum, yes these guys are well paid, well looked after athletes, but they are human beings and they all have feelings, and lives just like us away from their jobs.

I suspect that the "guys" showing a lack of humanity are about 14 years old, or from the Cotswolds, and you can't expect them to have humanity.  Their problem is that they haven't yet had a chance to live (or die) at all.  They have, per force, lived a sheltered life.  It's not their fault.  Maybe I'm just too generous though.

I agree with your comments on SC.  He sounded genuine and sincere and dealt with the problem in a very mature way.  Which isn't bad for someone so rude and arrogant.

It's to the credit of the club that they are taking this approach.

Another thread where unfounded reasons for the player leaving or failings of BCFC and management are given by the KFA's (know F__K All's). But suppose it just gives chance for the wingers to sound off an have a moan. 

I also KFA about it, but rather than make up any old bullshit, I'm inclined to accept the personnel reasons ****il hard facts emerge), as have no reason not to. Perhaps someone very close has just found out they are extremely ill, then Bristol is a long way from London.

Furthermore whilst he sounded very promising, the displays so far were not, so not that bothered. He may turn out to be a great signing for Fulham / QPR / Brentford, but if he did not want to be here, then leave.

Another thread where unfounded reasons for the player leaving or failings of BCFC and management are given by the KFA's (know F__K All's). But suppose it just gives chance for the wingers to sound off an have a moan. 

I also KFA about it, but rather than make up any old bullshit, I'm inclined to accept the personnel reasons ****il hard facts emerge), as have no reason not to. Perhaps someone very close has just found out they are extremely ill, then Bristol is a long way from London.

Furthermore whilst he sounded very promising, the displays so far were not, so not that bothered. He may turn out to be a great signing for Fulham / QPR / Brentford, but if he did not want to be here, then leave.

So having an opinion = 'making up bullshit' does it? You're absolutely entitled to believe everything the club tells you, of course, but it would be a very sad day when no one could discuss City matters without their loyalty being questioned. As I said in another post, my loyalty is to the club, not to individuals, and I reserve the right to come to my own conclusions about what is going on.

So having an opinion = 'making up bullshit' does it? You're absolutely entitled to believe everything the club tells you, of course, but it would be a very sad day when no one could discuss City matters without their loyalty being questioned. As I said in another post, my loyalty is to the club, not to individuals, and I reserve the right to come to my own conclusions about what is going on.

You have got it around the wrong way making up bullshit and claiming it to be fact = is not an opinion.

and there is one specific example on this thread that has been cut and pasted at least three times that proves the point.

I'll have my opinion on rumours etc, but never will I make clearly unfounded comments on the manager or the squad if I'm not 100% sure.

How people can be saying this stuff after what cotterill has installed in the club over the past year and a half baffles me. Quite sad to hear actually, and it seems the mood is on a come down already among fans.

The laughable thing is had we amassed the points we really should have based upon the way we have performed in the five games we have played so far everything would be relatively fine amongst the support, bar the fact we need a few players. You wouldn't be hearing a dickie bird from the "fans" who seem to love a good $h1t stir and seem almost hell bent on causing division in the club.

My guess is that if this kind of b0ll0cks carries on then these "fans" will be successful in their apparent quest to drive the current Manager out of the club. A very small minority of fans who never liked Cotterill in the first place seem to be revelling in the current situation and are posting speculation as fact and fanning the flames at every given opportunity it seems.

The laughable thing is had we amassed the points we really should have based upon the way we have performed in the five games we have played so far everything would be relatively fine amongst the support, bar the fact we need a few players. You wouldn't be hearing a dickie bird from the "fans" who seem to love a good $h1t stir and seem almost hell bent on causing division in the club.

My guess is that if this kind of b0ll0cks carries on then these "fans" will be successful in their apparent quest to drive the current Manager out of the club. A very small minority of fans who never liked Cotterill in the first place seem to be revelling in the current situation and are posting speculation as fact and fanning the flames at every given opportunity it seems.

I agree, BUT I think you (and every one on here) vastly over estimate OTIB's importance (and power) in the bigger picture! It is after all, a very small cross section of City support .

If it is correct this all happened at 9:30pm on Friday evening (?) I really can;t see a deal being agreed, a medical booked and Fredericks being in London for said medical on Saturday afternoon.

I did say he must have an amazing Agent to sort all that and find him a club in his preferred London who are prepared to pay us the exact fee we paid for him too. Even the most straightforward deals take longer than this.

I suspect that the "guys" showing a lack of humanity are about 14 years old, or from the Cotswolds, and you can't expect them to have humanity.  Their problem is that they haven't yet had a chance to live (or die) at all.  They have, per force, lived a sheltered life.  It's not their fault.  Maybe I'm just too generous though.

I agree with your comments on SC.  He sounded genuine and sincere and dealt with the problem in a very mature way.  Which isn't bad for someone so rude and arrogant.

It's to the credit of the club that they are taking this approach.

Says someone from the Forest ffs..

Pathetic.

Exactly. Not a chance this suddenly happened on Friday night.

I suspect that was when the decision was made / agreed that he could have medical.

I wish RF all the best if he's going through a tough time. Whatever happened at the club or at home, it hasn't been allowed to fester. City know where they stand...assuming deal goes through. Maybe he thought Bristol (rather than Boro who were keen to have him back) was close enough to deal with whatever the issue was...and then he found out it wasn't.

As per Slartibartfast this forum isn't as an important cog in the BC / BS wheel....that many of you think it is.

Cotts does not suffer fools gladly; if there is an ounce of truth in what that bloke said on the FL Show then we can deduce that a significant minority of players at this level or higher are too big for their own boots; they are definitely not the players we want here. There are plenty of them plying their trade elsewhere not playing particularly well or doing just enough and picking up a fat cheque every month.

The only error we are making is not checking out their character enough before we chase them.

GJ never took for the "big name" players and always wanted people he could get that extra bit out of rather than let their ability and talent get in the way of the Gary Johnson experience.

That got us to a play-off final but after that we slipped downwards over a period of time, suggesting that GJ can get players playing above themselves in League One but failed to do it in The Championship with a greater opposition...

I don't want us to go for that again and would quite happily have a balanced squad with some egos that let their ability do the talking for them on the pitch.

If it is correct this all happened at 9:30pm on Friday evening (?) I really can;t see a deal being agreed, a medical booked and Fredericks being in London for said medical on Saturday afternoon.

Why not?

He was available a few weeks ago so I'm sure several clubs were considering him at the time. If the opportunity to sign happens to arise again a few weeks later I don't think it unlikely that a deal could be thrashed out pretty quickly.

He doesn't really have a chance to negotiate wages much as he's shown his hand a few weeks ago, and if we were presented with a recoup your fee well his transfer valuation has been pretty much determined already so we can't negotiate it too far. A bit, but then if the reason behind it is true as a goodwill gesture we might not want to.

Admit there could have been some negotiation but if there was some life impacting incident I don't think it fantasy something could be agreed in principle within a few hours, even on a Friday night. If Fulham, it's not like Burt hasn't dealt with their end in the recent past either is it?

I'm not sure if I do believe the story or not, but I don't think it is that wild a suggestion. Because of two new recruits out I'm not sure, could be coincidence. Whilst squad morale seems okay I'm inclined to believe that's what it is, but this is before the benefit of hindsight :)

I remember one TV interview (there may have been more) when Cotts was interviewed close to the Ateyo/ Williams corner when a City player walked behind him along the track that goes around the perimeter. Mid interview Cotts cuts off speaking, immediately turns around and tells the player off for walking behind him when he's on camera. He spoke rather like a senior teacher or speaks to a naughty child which was shocking to me as the viewer and that was on camera too.

He's clearly petulant and moody after a game and reguarly eats cub reports from Radio Bristol for breakfast. He is the first manager who appears to be as fed up after a loss as the fans are. He passion is unquestionable, just ask the bottles of water he regularly boots way back into the building site after another near miss.

Remember the interview; The player should have tried using an ounce of common sense and had he done so he would immediately have walked in another direction. Common sense, in such a situation, means not being totally up your own arse or in a mindless brain warping world of loud music... you get what is coming to you...

Walk along a street, see someone coming directly towards you in the ether world with their ear plugs.. do you avoid the moron, risk stepping on someone else's space or, worse, stepping out onto the road to avoid the person or plough on straight ahead knowing full well he/she are not going to look up and see you? I wanna avoid annoying a fellow pedestrian and having my foot, or worse, squashed by a passing car so its a no brainer for me.

People like that with no respect for their fellow human beings should be picked up by a giant and dropped into an open cage; likelihood is they would simply carry on walking round and around and be none the wiser ridding us of the dross. We would then have space to bring in more useful people with University degrees from Syria.

Its OK I am in the caffeine zone right now; not a big drinker of the drug but when i do I tend to come out with the odd profound bunch of remarks so pay no attention.

I want Cotts to take us in Europe. Thats a good post end thought I reckon. :)

Made it perfectly clear to me, and I assume the Club, that he didn't want to be at Ashton Gate from his 'efforts' against Brentford and Leeds.

At least against Leeds he just passively stood on the touch line and watched rather than gifting the ball to the opposition to score against us as he did against Brentford. That's what I call progress. Thanks Fred.

Archived