IGNORED

Fredericks Gone

South Bristol Red

Brentford I heard today... wasn't happy here or with the Club.

From Cotts Cider Army on this thread.

"A London radio station has stated the reason for his departure is due to a sudden situation regarding his family and he wants to be back closer to them.

In light of this, I think people should be careful what they say, as it appears this has nothing to do with him not wanting to play for us, Cotts or home sick of anything, but something much more personal, and if that's the case, I think it's very good of the club to be so supportive and help him move closer to home".

If, what I read from his post (just got in and haven't trawled through the pages) is infered then it sounds a bit like the souring of relations twit the team and Gary J, only in double quick time, am I reading this correctly ?

Slartn- Undoubtedly all clubs don't run a happy la la la ship all the time and things happen in dressing rooms/ training grounds etc at all clubs - often without public knowledge - and things can move on without too much scarring

A repeat of GJ demise does concern me if I can put it like that - and possibly friction with non playing staff

Out of interest - and I've said this before - I would ask posters to consider what they think SC might be like on training ground / dressing room

Consider GJ and the problems he had with his style and then consider who they think would be the most ' confrontational '

( That's a little one to ponder - no more)

( My opinion is not based solely on my answer to my own question !)

I'd also suggest to those that say ' well all the players liked him last year , look what we did'

Sorry - but all,pro players will go along with most things if they are being sucessful and receiving plaudits from fans , and picking up medals - the test of those relationships always comes when things arnt running so smoothly - that's not unique o Bristol City or football

He has no problem defending. He's done the job for Boro and can do a good job defending for us if needs be. He'll be fine .

its half the reason he fell out with karanka. He was blamed for a goal conceded whilst playing right wing back. He came out and said he wants to play up top. Albert shouldn't come back, he was great when here but lets all move on

Slartn- Undoubtedly all clubs don't run a happy la la la ship all the time and things happen in dressing rooms/ training grounds etc at all clubs - often without public knowledge - and things can move on without too much scarring

A repeat of GJ demise does concern me if I can put it like that - and possibly friction with non playing staff

Out of interest - and I've said this before - I would ask posters to consider what they think SC might be like on training ground / dressing room

Consider GJ and the problems he had with his style and then consider who they think would be the most ' confrontational '

( That's a little one to ponder - no more)

( My opinion is not based solely on my answer to my own question !)

I'd also suggest to those that say ' well all the players liked him last year , look what we did'

Sorry - but all,pro players will go along with most things if they are being sucessful and receiving plaudits from fans , and picking up medals - the test of those relationships always comes when things arnt running so smoothly - that's not unique o Bristol City or football

Firstly 3 players have signed contract extensions and secondly it would appear that there is no lack of effort something that usually occurs when the situation you describe is happening.

i never knew we were so far away from London

2 weeks by camel it seems.

one day we may even have modern trains and electricity and things like that, then these London types will think twice eh?

Get your point mate, but let's wait and see what has happened before slating the guy

Family comes before anything

From Cotts Cider Army on this thread.

"A London radio station has stated the reason for his departure is due to a sudden situation regarding his family and he wants to be back closer to them.

In light of this, I think people should be careful what they say, as it appears this has nothing to do with him not wanting to play for us, Cotts or home sick of anything, but something much more personal, and if that's the case, I think it's very good of the club to be so supportive and help him move closer to home".

Didn't Cotterill explain that this whole situation with Fredericks started at 9:30pm last night?

I would have thought that if you couldn't settle and were p1$$ed off with the Manager you wouldn't wait until 9:30pm the night before a match to have it out with him when you can pop into his office all week?

But far easier to assume a conspiracy theory I suppose.

Didn't Cotterill explain that this whole situation with Fredericks started at 9:30pm last night?

I would have thought that if you couldn't settle and were p1$$ed off with the Manager you wouldn't wait until 9:30pm the night before a match to have it out with him when you can pop into his office all week?

Exactly but of course you slide farther on a sensational piece of bullshit.

Sounds like you are describing Little.....were you at the game today ? Adomah would have thrived on the ball Little received today. He'll be fine in that position.

Yes I was at the game today, and at middlesborough where he couldn't produce a good ball for love nor money.

Yes little offered us nothing in terms of getting good balls into the box today. Albert would be the same. His final ball has never been good.

Albert has played 2 games for middlesborough at rwb in his career, he cannot defend and was fault for the goal against Derby (which resulted in an falling out with Karanka).

Albert wouldn't be the answer for us and would be an expensive shirt seller in my opinion

And of course in that time, SC had time to agree a fee with Brentford and arrange a medical... ;) don't believe everything that comes out of the Club...so much of it is smoke and mirrors, especially when it comes to situations that wouldn't look favourable.

Brentford I heard today... wasn't happy here or with the Club.

It's easy for anyone to say that even if they have no inside knowledge. What I don't get is why people like you spuds seem to get a kick off of negitive stuff hapoening at AG and even go to lengths to make it look as if things are not good. Do you have a personality disorder where you simply cannot accept the good things that are happening? It's not just you there are many City fans like this.

And of course in that time, SC had time to agree a fee with Brentford and arrange a medical... ;) don't believe everything that comes out of the Club...so much of it is smoke and mirrors, especially when it comes to situations that wouldn't look favourable.

Put up or shut up then if you know better and let us all in on the secret.

To be fair Fredericks was very poor in the games he did play which would be understandable if there was a family problem in the background and I'm sure we wish him all good luck if that was the case. If not and everything was hunky dory behind the scenes except he was just p1$$ed off with Cotterill and the club then thank f00k he is out of the exit door.

Surely it's one or the other?

Put up or shut up then if you know better and let us all in on the secret.

He can't put up as its in all his imagination. I rarely get involved in things like this but it seems the lad has returned home for family reasons. This could potentially be due a family members poor health. For anyone to make something up just to add something to their personal agenda that is completely untrue is very disturbing and sickening IF the reasons forreturning to London is what I have speculated.

To be fair Fredericks was very poor in the games he did play which would be understandable if there was a family problem in the background and I'm sure we wish him all good luck if that was the case. If not and everything was hunky dory behind the scenes except he was just p1$$ed off with Cotterill and the club then thank f00k he is out of the exit door.

Surely it's one or the other?

Maybe a family member was awaiting test results which have since been confirmed hence poor performances which would be completely understandable as his head would have been preoccupied with worry. People often forget players are human to just like me and you. If there is a family problem I can imagine Cotts is exactly the sort of bloke you would want as your boss at a time like this as I can imagine him being very understanding. The fact Cotts has let him return home over our own needs shows us what a fantastic bloke Cotts is.

I've just heard from some people I know in the game who are very much in contact with everyone at the club that Cotts is the best manager going and the club is run exceptionally well.

Can't say who these football people are, but believe me they know their stuff.

Fredericks had been pretty awful..

Lightweight and not fit.

Not fit - that's the key bit. We haven't seen the best of him, but clearly a lot of you weren't prepared to be patient with that. He'll turn out to be a good signing for someone, especially at 250k.

Archived