IGNORED

Fredericks Gone

South Bristol Red

And of course in that time, SC had time to agree a fee with Brentford and arrange a medical... ;) don't believe everything that comes out of the Club...so much of it is smoke and mirrors, especially when it comes to situations that wouldn't look favourable.

Don't get me wrong I am a cynic, and I only said myself a few weeks back we shouldn't take what the club says at face value... However, if this other club was in for him at the same time and it was his choice to join us at the time, then yeah it is conceivable.

Don't get me wrong as I'm not saying I necessarily believe that to the case, but just that it isn't fantasy.

I will say I do not think it unreasonable to be concerned with the two outgoings this week. I'm not concerned, but I don't rule out my being naive.

Not fit - that's the key bit. We haven't seen the best of him, but clearly a lot of you weren't prepared to be patient with that. He'll turn out to be a good signing for someone, especially at 250k.

Sorry but he should have been fit, the fact he was blowing after 30 minutes isn't good enough.

I wish him the best of luck. But not convinced he would ever be more than a decent utility player here.

Out of interest - and I've said this before - I would ask posters to consider what they think SC might be like on training ground / dressing room

I heard very positive things from a direct source (ie was there) about SC's impact on player morale on the training ground and in the dressing room.

I have also heard rumours about other things which you may be alluding to - but they are only rumours.

For now, I prefer to judge SC on the things I know about with 100% certainty.

I heard very positive things from a direct source (ie was there) about SC's impact on player morale on the training ground and in the dressing room.

I have also heard rumours about other things which you may be alluding to - but they are only rumours.

For now, I prefer to judge SC on the things I know about with 100% certainty.

No problem - your choice

Interesting that Clinton Morrison made a comment that players aren't signing for us "because of the manager" on the football league show this evening. I know he's quite a popular lad with other footballers so may know something. Really hope that this isn't the case as also hinted earlier in the thread as I am a SC fan.

Interesting that Clinton Morrison made a comment that players aren't signing for us "because of the manager" on the football league show this evening. I know he's quite a popular lad with other footballers so may know something. Really hope that this isn't the case as also hinted earlier in the thread as I am a SC fan.

I took it as more of a general comment by Kelly Cates to Morrison which then, by coincidence or not, went on to talking about City and Cotterill and the abortive moves for Gayle and Gray.

I was half expecting Cotts. to phone in.

Whether any truth in it or not it didn't sound great at all as far as City and future signings are concerned, and most annoyingly there was a gashead on camera behind them grinning widely all the way through.

I took it as more of a general comment by Kelly Cates to Morrison which then, by coincidence or not, went on to talking about City and Cotterill and the abortive moves for Gayle and Gray.

I was half expecting Cotts. to phone in.

Whether any truth in it or not it didn't sound great at all as far as City and future signings are concerned, and most annoyingly there was a gashead on camera behind them grinning widely all the way through.

It's just down to wages I think. If we offered Gray more than Burnley were willing to give him think he would be here and he'd probably be saying similar comments about SC that he made about Dyce.

Cotts does not suffer fools gladly; if there is an ounce of truth in what that bloke said on the FL Show then we can deduce that a significant minority of players at this level or higher are too big for their own boots; they are definitely not the players we want here. There are plenty of them plying their trade elsewhere not playing particularly well or doing just enough and picking up a fat cheque every month.

The only error we are making is not checking out their character enough before we chase them.

I will just add one snippet... Friend of mine is very close to an ageing gaffer who has worked with our manager in the past; suffice to say we are very fortunate to have him. He can rant and rave all he likes for all i care. If it ultimately means we are successful this season then this entire episode will have been engineered for a reason or for genuine honest ones.

I'm reading comments that Cotts is arrogant and rude.

That explains Kodjia's signing - he feels right at home here!

Perhaps we should go for more French players?

Good Morning Downend,

Phantom still hasn't resolved my 'like' problem so I have to post this to acknowledge your wit.

Merci beaucoup monsieur Phil!

I remember one TV interview (there may have been more) when Cotts was interviewed close to the Ateyo/ Williams corner when a City player walked behind him along the track that goes around the perimeter. Mid interview Cotts cuts off speaking, immediately turns around and tells the player off for walking behind him when he's on camera. He spoke rather like a senior teacher or speaks to a naughty child which was shocking to me as the viewer and that was on camera too.

He's clearly petulant and moody after a game and reguarly eats cub reports from Radio Bristol for breakfast. He is the first manager who appears to be as fed up after a loss as the fans are. He passion is unquestionable, just ask the bottles of water he regularly boots way back into the building site after another near miss.

The fact is that he does virtually always make the players play to the best of their abilities. He clearly expects a lot and seems to get it. Both JB and now BR are playing at a level no one would've expected 18 months ago and most other players impress. He reinvigorated AW career at an age when he may himself have expected his career to have come to an end. The is one exception, at least the only one I can remember at this hour is El Bad, he arrived at the end of his career and things didn't work out for him at all. Was it that he came with the wrong attitude, did he fall out with Cotts by verbally taking him on after receiving a mouthful which he took exception to. 

In summary, he gets results. He increases the value of his players almost without exception. He's great in a winning team and he shown he can dig a team out of the depths when up against it. But if you're going to arrive with the wrong attitude then you're going to become unstuck pretty bloody quickly as you can't hide or be a make weight in such a small squad. If you're used to a lot of smoke being blown up your arse by the hangers on you get at the bigger clubs then you're going to find coming to Bristol City a shock and it may just make you want to get back on the first train you can get on and go to those clubs with massive squads of players and probably never play again.  

I remember one TV interview (there may have been more) when Cotts was interviewed close to the Ateyo/ Williams corner when a City player walked behind him along the track that goes around the perimeter. Mid interview Cotts cuts off speaking, immediately turns around and tells the player off for walking behind him when he's on camera. He spoke rather like a senior teacher or speaks to a naughty child which was shocking to me as the viewer and that was on camera too.

He's clearly petulant and moody after a game and reguarly eats cub reports from Radio Bristol for breakfast. He is the first manager who appears to be as fed up after a loss as the fans are. He passion is unquestionable, just ask the bottles of water he regularly boots way back into the building site after another near miss.

The fact is that he does virtually always make the players play to the best of their abilities. He clearly expects a lot and seems to get it. Both JB and now BR are playing at a level no one would've expected 18 months ago and most other players impress. He reinvigorated AW career at an age when he may himself have expected his career to have come to an end. The is one exception, at least the only one I can remember at this hour is El Bad, he arrived at the end of his career and things didn't work out for him at all. Was it that he came with the wrong attitude, did he fall out with Cotts by verbally taking him on after receiving a mouthful which he took exception to.

In summary, he gets results. He increases the value of his players almost without exception. He's great in a winning team and he shown he can dig a team out of the depths when up against it. But if you're going to arrive with the wrong attitude then you're going to become unstuck pretty bloody quickly as you can't hide or be a make weight in such a small squad. If you're used to a lot of smoke being blown up your arse by the hangers on you get at the bigger clubs then you're going to find coming to Bristol City a shock and it may just make you want to get back on the first train you can get on and go to those clubs with massive squads of players and probably never play again.

Any soft, unfit player who's probably used to his mum cooking his tea and folding his clothes doesn't stand a chance in SC's squad.

We have no idea what his personal reasons are for leaving. Maybe you should acknowledge that fact before criticising the player.

If he has personal reasons that you might be alluding to then the club would give him all the time he needs. If it was serious then he wouldn't be signing for a new club with a clear head any time soon.

10 years ago I had to live with horrendous personal issues - didn't make me want to find another employer - they looked after me so I could be at home for a bit.

Or the reason given is horseshit.

This. If anyone knows the reason why you would become attached to London and miss the place, please send me details. Yet to find anywhere remotely resembling something you'd miss. Unless you're a multi millionaire (Fredericks is not) the place is a total dump.

It's obviously not that he can't settle. Would imagine he's had a bust up with SC or we really don't like the look of him possibly both.

Why say personal reasons - weird. It shouts to other clubs that the chap is a soft home boy at best.

SC cares. Really cares. We're lucky to have him.

I watched the way he pulled Burns aside after the whistle - just a snippet of advice and a pat on the back for his efforts. He's always looking to improve his players.

I saw this too. Not many wouldve seen it. Thats how a manager should do it. Point out the improvement areas, a slap on the back then move on.

Top management that.

If he has personal reasons that you might be alluding to then the club would give him all the time he needs. If it was serious then he wouldn't be signing for a new club with a clear head any time soon.

10 years ago I had to live with horrendous personal issues - didn't make me want to find another employer - they looked after me so I could be at home for a bit.

Pure speculation. Like I said, we have no idea what the situation is. Therefore, we are not in a position to criticise.

Pure speculation. Like I said, we have no idea what the situation is. Therefore, we are not in a position to criticise.

It's the job of a forum. If the club only dangle tidbits then we'll fill in the gaps.

Whatever has happened, I trust that we are better off rid.

Archived