IGNORED

Cotterill says... Stay until the end

kmpowell

I wholeheartedly agree with the facet that, as was the case against Burnley, some Saturday's I work in the morning, rush to the game and then have to rush to get back to work after the game.

I'm sure my boss will be fine if I tell him that Cotts wanted me to stay until the very end, so that's why I'm late.

Clearly It affects the players and staff, can you imagine doing everything you can to score a goal/get a point and you see stream load of fans leaving beforehand?

If they're really doing everything they can to salvage something from a bad situation  then surely they would be concentrating on the game not watching a handful of supporters slipping discreetly out of the stadium ?

You and me both.  I really do wonder where this view comes from (perhaps all clubs' fans wear the same rose tinted specs).  We do not have some of the best support outside of the Premier League.  The atmosphere at the Gate sometimes is dreadful and is something we could all help to change (me included), but if the game is flat you can bet your arse the atmosphere will be. 

We seem to be a fan base that needs to be encouraged by a good performance rather than seeing a poor/average performance as something that supporters can affect by rousing the team.

We are certainly reactive supporters rather than proactive.

We certainly are a 'sing when your winning club'.

Having said that, the ground is hardly conducive to a great atmosphere atm.

I remember being in my teens and singing my head off...but that all stopped when I realised I preferred watching the game, instead of jumping around and chanting.

I look around the ground and see a majority of generations far older than me...many struggling to walk let alone sing.

Many I see leaving early are either very old or have very young children...they obviously do it to avoid the 'crush'.

Either way, it must be demoralising as a player to see streams of people leaving. So I see SC's point...it's swings and roundabouts.

I've never stay to the end of anything. Why do I need to watch the end of Titanic to know that Rose and Jack got saved and lived happy every after or the end of Planet of The Apes to know that Charlton Heston never made it back to Earth!!

Jack didn't live happy ever after though, he contracted herpes from Rose and had his knob chopped off.  It was grisly so think yourself luck you never watched it.

I would rather the club canvas supporters more in-depth about their reasons for leaving early rather than SC openly begging supporters not to do so. As mentioned there are so many views on this from what the state is of the match, stadium/stand design/exit queues, age, size, transport links and personal/competitive/ocd desire to get out before others! In fact a general survey of matchday experience would be good timing with the new stadium .. kill two birds and all that .

I remember Anfield empting when we were 1-0 up back in the 90's and their support is considered right up there - so I dont think it is particular issue to just us. Majority of the kop still stayed to applaud Tinnion and company though!

It is hilarious how many times this debate has come up, and the same old classic responses.  Guilty as charged I guess.

Where is Robbored when you need him??

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Good way to wade into a debate and then get out quick when you don't like the response. If it's that boring, no one forced you to get involved in the first place.

Didn't realise that Will Young was a Dolman ST holder and wrote about this phenomenon.

I think I'd better leave right now

Before we drop any deeper

Defence getting  weaker and weaker

Somebody better show me out

Before I fall any deeper

I'm here so please explain

Why you're opening the exits early again

I'm a little more careful

Perhaps it shows

But if I lose the highs, at least I'm spared the lows

Now I'm trembling in my arms

What could be the harm

To feel my spirit calm

So I say..

Before we drop any deeper

Defence getting weaker and weaker

Somebody better show me out

Before I fall any deeper

I wouldn't know how to say

How good it’d feel to see us win today

I see that Cott’s  got his smile back

Like you say we’re right on track

But you may never know why

Once bitten twice is shy

If I'm proud perhaps I should explain

I couldn't bear to lose at home  again

It is hilarious how many times this debate has come up, and the same old classic responses.  Guilty as charged I guess.

Where is Robbored when you need him??

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Indeed. The fact is, at any event attended by 1000's a certain percentage will leave early to beat the rush (and no, this doesn't include cinemas and theatres). Always been the same, always will. Not worth arguing about really.

Good way to wade into a debate and then get out quick when you don't like the response. If it's that boring, no one forced you to get involved in the first place.

Not at all, I just thought our argument had come to an end.  I am not insulted or anything by SC's comments, i just find it strange he would get involved and find it a bit patronizing.

In all honesty, I think that fans support contributes a tiny percentage of a teams performance.  When there are so many complex factors that go into winning a game of football I find it a bit ridiculous when people suggest that fans staying till the end is going to make a difference.

Not at all, I just thought our argument had come to an end.  I am not insulted or anything by SC's comments, i just find it strange he would get involved and find it a bit patronizing.

In all honesty, I think that fans support contributes a tiny percentage of a teams performance.  When there are so many complex factors that go into winning a game of football I find it a bit ridiculous when people suggest that fans staying till the end is going to make a difference.

Fair enough. Having known a couple of pros personally at different times I can assure you it does make a difference psychologically.

I`ve been one of the last dozen or so to leave and the first dozen or so to leave, i.m.o its up to me not anyone else. :yes:

Mr SC I`ve supported this my club for 50yrs I didn't see you on the coach to Blackpool on a wet Tues night about 45yrs ago, so don't tell me what to do, you are just passing through it.

People can still enjoy a match and support the team even if they only stay for 80 minutes. But rather than get held up by the throng of people all leaving with ten minutes to go, why not instead skip the first ten minutes, or leave part way through the game then pop back for the remainder?

People can still enjoy a match and support the team even if they only stay for 80 minutes. But rather than get held up by the throng of people all leaving with ten minutes to go, why not instead skip the first ten minutes, or leave part way through the game then pop back for the remainder?

sounds a good reason to leave early ,  must be flippin painful to be held up by the throng , speaking as a non-medical man.

Me. He's talking about me.

I leave early most games and yes I do miss goals. But if I stay til the end it means an extra half an hour before I get home.

But don't worry, I am not expecting a refund of my season ticket for all those minutes I miss, nor do I want to put in an expenses claim for turning up way before the start of the match so I can park either. I pay my money, and I know what I am getting, sorry for being such a selfish bastard.

Archived