IGNORED

Cotterill says... Stay until the end

kmpowell

With your first sentence you have missed my point completely. As a paying customer of a football club I don't really appreciate being told what to do by a millionaire manager. His job is to produce a decent footballing side, not worrying about what the supporters are doing.

Earlier points. If fans were viewed less as paying customers , and felt less like one versus being Fans / Supporters wouild so many leave early?

Fans in the Dolman stand leave seats early before half time / full time to get served / use the toilets / beat the queing to get out ... The redevelopment is not complete, and maybe some of these issues will be addressed and fans will want to spend time post match in the concourse.

Jack didn't live happy ever after though, he contracted herpes from Rose and had his knob chopped off.  It was grisly so think yourself luck you never watched it.

and charlton heston did make it back, died 6 weeks later though after a serious case of aides caught whilst shaggin monkeys

I guess I really find the whole leaving early thing just wrong because it was one of three things my old man told me about going to the football on my first ever game. In a Williams vomitorium he came down to my level at seven and told me three nevers.

1) Never ever fight anyone for the sake of football.

2) Never boo or abuse your own team no matter what, you're a supporter.

3) Never leave the game early.

I must confess I've broken rule 3 on two occasions. Once because I was sick during the first half and was shaking from fever and once because I had a plane to catch so only watched the first half. 

Don't be so precious! He's not taking a personal shot, he's saying your support helps. Jeeeeeeeeeez.

seems hes more concerned about what the away fans are singing...........really.......hes in a tiny minority then.

SC and the team are paid to do a job whether there are 50 or 50,000 there;

FGR seem to manage with little to no atmosphere and tiny crowds; its not the fans fault if we win or lose.

seems hes more concerned about what the away fans are singing...........really.......hes in a tiny minority then.

SC and the team are paid to do a job whether there are 50 or 50,000 there;

FGR seem to manage with little to no atmosphere and tiny crowds; its not the fans fault if we win or lose.

Again. Stop taking it as a personal shot. Whether it's your 'job' or not is irrelevant, it undoubtedly helps. Would FGR players prefer to play in front of 50,000 fans? Of course they would.

Maybe this kind of attitude is why we have such a poor fan base, bar a few great initiatives we're more than happy to question the club but the moment it's reversed, heaven forbid taking responsibility.

"As a paying customer of a football club I don't really appreciate being told what to do by a millionaire manager. His job is to produce a decent footballing side, not worrying about what the supporters are doing."

I have to admit I am lost. You have posted a lot of passionate stuff on numerous threads about the need for the club to consult with fans, put the singing section in the best spot, agree to the hanging of flags etc. But now you say the club shouldn't care what the supporters do.

Forgive my ignorance but I simply don't know in which direction I need to be throwing stones. Please help.

Although I largely agree with his sentiment, I also happen to think that after this clusterf**k of ineptitude with regards to the summer transfer window, perhaps Mr. Cotterill would be best placed to cowtow verbally to supporters rather than publically criticise them.

I love Cotterill... but he's pissing me off in more than one respect.

The bottom line is that SC said stay till the end to support the team. Nothing controversial about that in my opinion, what else would you expect him to say, even if he didn't believe it?

If you leave early no matter the reason, whichever way you look at it, you are not actively supporting the team on the pitch at the point you decide to leave.

Quite simple really.

Went to the MotoGP at Silverstone at the weekend and spent an hour just getting out the car park, let alone the traffic around the circuit. Stay to the end and take up walking. I know plenty of people who live within 30 minutes of the gate who drive. 

Agree, I live 4 miles from the ground and walk

Certainly hope people would stay until the end, it's disappinting and actually sometimes amusing. When I was on holiday someone texted me the score of 0-2 v Leeds and I thought 'aw no another loss' and in fact they must have been an early leaver and well ha they missed the great comeback! But yeah stay until the end wherever poss.

Not at all, I just thought our argument had come to an end.  I am not insulted or anything by SC's comments, i just find it strange he would get involved and find it a bit patronizing.

In all honesty, I think that fans support contributes a tiny percentage of a teams performance.  When there are so many complex factors that go into winning a game of football I find it a bit ridiculous when people suggest that fans staying till the end is going to make a difference.

Don't really agree, it defo makes a difference I think. Loud support, consistent support can propel teams on sometimes to outdo themselves. Can get a team going and that in turn lifts the crowd and get a goal in that period and things can really kick on.

Thing is the club didn't need sc to bring this up during the international break whilst there is nothing to talk about . I can see that sc wants everyone to stay and thats great but the interview actually looks like he is moaning and that he is stuck on this non negative mood he got from the transfer window   

I'm sure it's not but I hope he isn't transferring this negative energy to the training ground.  As others have said ppl leave to get a last train , to miss the rush if they have young children or older ppl who may have mobility problems.  Yes of course a few leave to get to the pub ,  I always stay until the end.  

Don't really agree, it defo makes a difference I think. Loud support, consistent support can propel teams on sometimes to outdo themselves. Can get a team going and that in turn lifts the crowd and get a goal in that period and things can really kick on.

What happened when we lost 0-6 at home to Cardiff if loud support makes a difference. It doesn't lets be fair, it's nice to have a loud crowd but the reality is, it's the manager and the players that will determine the outcome of the games. It's one of those myths that get trotted out when the team is not doing so well.

It happened last season when we pissed the league, and its happening now. The difference is we were winning then.

For ****s sake, why are people having a pop at SC for this?

Perhaps the early leavers have a bit of a complex? 

The guy has simply asked for fans to stay and support the team to the end? He has not criticised anyone and if you read his quote he actually recognises why people do leave early.

If you are an earlier leaver and recognise the request from our manager might actually help the team you support this season and decide to stay to the end in future - awesome.

if you would still rather get home 30mins earlier, fill yer boots... no problem. But please don't turn this into an excuse to have another whinge.

For ****s sake, why are people having a pop at SC for this?

People are allowed a right of reply to are they not?

Perhaps the early leavers have a bit of a complex? 

I think it's the other way round don't you? I have never heard the people who leave early posting why do people stay til the end of the game.

The guy has simply asked for fans to stay and support the team to the end? He has not criticised anyone and if you read his quote he actually recognises why people do leave early.

And people have and will express their opinion when the manager speaks out. That's what this forum can be used for.

If you are an earlier leaver and recognise the request from our manager might actually help the team you support this season and decide to stay to the end in future - awesome.

if you would still rather get home 30mins earlier, fill yer boots... no problem. But please don't turn this into an excuse to have another whinge.

To be honest I doubt people care who said or what is said, they aren't going to change. The only way I will change my habit is if it becomes much easier to park and get to and from Ashton Gate. I couldn't care what the score is, never have. It takes up approx. 7 hours of my Saturday to watch the team play.I have been a supporter of Cotterill since the day he walked through the door, not many others were, I find it odd that you would accuse people who support the manager to be having a pop at him. I don't have to agree with everything he says or does, it's an opinion.

"I have to admit I am lost. You have posted a lot of passionate stuff on numerous threads about the need for the club to consult with fans, put the singing section in the best spot, agree to the hanging of flags etc. But now you say the club shouldn't care what the supporters do.

Forgive my ignorance but I simply don't know in which direction I need to be throwing stones. Please help."

Mad Cyril cutting and pasting quotes due to difficulty posting. The text you refer to is from another poster.

Archived