IGNORED

This forum

Dastardly and Muttley

First of all, I've been using OTIB since pretty much the beginning.

I have a huge appreciation and gratitude for everything that Tom and the moderators do for us and I know that none of us would be here without them.

The work of the moderation team is outstanding, but they have been seriously let down by this latest upgrade from the board suppliers.

It's not user friendly on mobile devices. It's difficult to navigate. It's incredibly slow and counterintuitive in many ways.

I've given it a couple of weeks to get used to it and I still cannot stand it.

As an exile in Bucks, this forum is my link to Bristol City. It makes me feel like I'm close to the team and I want to thank everyone involved for their work in helping me stay close to the team that I love.

However, as a direct result of this upgrade, my usage of the forum is dropping. It's so slow it's almost unusable at times and the quote function on mobile has left me endlessly frustrated.

A few questions that I hope our suppliers can answer:

Is it going to get faster?

Is their going to be any improvement to the mobile experience?

Has the hit counter on the forum been affected since the upgrade?

I really don't like moaning, especially as I know how hard people work for this forum. Tom and the other moderators, please don't take this as a personal slight. It is not. I would be delighted and honoured to offer my own time and join your moderation team to support the forum, such is my feeling about it. This upgrade, however, has tarnished the forum for me and I hope it becomes more user friendly in the future.

Many apologies for the long post, and I'm sorry if I'm the only one who feels like this. Unfortunately, I suspect there's a few more who feel like me.

#OTIB

• Admin

What phone do you have and what browser are you using? I keep seeing posts about it not working on mobile but I don't experience these issues myself on a HTC One M7 (3 versions ago) and use the chrome mobile browser. I do still get the low speed though.

I've just spent 3 hours trying to submit a post in the prediction league section, and then trying to lock it, so tonight I share your frustration. 

It's not just tonight though Dolly. I've debated posting this for several days. 

This forum is looking like a shell of it's former self already and the number of new topics seems to have dropped since the upgrade.

That may be a result of the transfer window ending, but I strongly suspect that numbers are down across the board.

Some action needs to be taken if at all possible, before serious damage is caused to this vital community.

What phone do you have and what browser are you using? I keep seeing posts about it not working on mobile but I don't experience these issues myself on a HTC One M7 (3 versions ago) and use the chrome mobile browser. I do still get the low speed though.

Did you not get it crashed and "service unavailable" for significant amounts of the match tonight?

I thought everyone had, judging by the big gaps between posts.

I had to follow the game on the ******* awful PA/BBC Sport feed.

Totally agree. Never one to knock the people who run the forum as it's generally excellent, best football forum I've seen. I really appreciate all the work they do.

Unfortunately though, since the update - it's awful on mobile. 95% of my usage is on mobile and I'm here a lot less due to how unusable it is.

Echo your whole post 100% op. 

I manage to use an elderly PS3 to connect to my elderly iPhone via hotspot and watch Netflix over 4G with no buffering and a perfect picture (original programmes and big films). A text based forum seems a struggle and MUCH more annoyingly Player that I pay almost as much as I do per month as Netflix can't manage to send me a bloody radio stream for a few hours a week.  

OTIB is a free service funded by the ST and subsidised by Clik. 

We have 58 supporters who've donated to this board. I'd just like to thank them all.

i appreciate there are issues. They are being worked on. We will get the board back up to speed but unfortunely I'm left waiting on the developers. Until they provide the solutions there is nothing I can really do but nurse the situation.

i personally have no issue with the mobile skin. I think it's entirely down to the device you are on.

IPhone and Safari. It keeps telling me that replies have appeared, then takes two or three minutes to show them.

There's no automatic capitalisation for new paragraphs, the screen doesn't move down as you type, the quote function just seems to only allow you to type in the grey box to extend people's quote. The loading speeds are horrendous, for instant I've reloaded this page several times to read replies and have had to shut down and reload Safari three times before seeing replies.

Nokia Lumia Windows phone. Using chrome. Tonight was so bad I gave up after trying to post for over a hour. Non match days better but still very slow. I ain't having a go as I don't know how/what to do to make better as not a it wizz kid. Purely giving my experience of using new forum on mobile.

Have to say I hate the new look and feel on mobile. It's cluttered and too graphic-heavy for the small screen; the old skin was far more effective. Overall the user experience on mobile has gone downhill.

I also find it hard on mobile (iPhone 5s) to click on the star/circle to go to the first unread post in a thread.

Also, what is the OP referring to regarding the frustrating quote function?

We have 58 supporters who've donated to this board. I'd just like to thank them all.

i appreciate there are issues. They are being worked on. We will get the board back up to speed but unfortunely I'm left waiting on the developers. Until they provide the solutions there is nothing I can really do but nurse the situation.

i personally have no issue with the mobile skin. I think it's entirely down to the device you are on.

As long as you're ok then. Sod it.

IPhone and Safari. It keeps telling me that replies have appeared, then takes two or three minutes to show them.

There's no automatic capitalisation for new paragraphs, the screen doesn't move down as you type, the quote function just seems to only allow you to type in the grey box to extend people's quote. The loading speeds are horrendous, for instant I've reloaded this page several times to read replies and have had to shut down and reload Safari three times before seeing replies.

That non-auto caps is possibly my main bugbear!

The forum was SO smooth on the old skin/version so these issues become more significant.

Tapatalk is more usable at the moment and that's a dreadful app.

it's player that ***** me right off, no choice being an exile though! 

Keep up the good work!

OTIB is a free service funded by the ST and subsidised by Clik. 

Perhaps all those whinging should put their hands in their pockets?  Seriously only 58 of us pay towards this?  C'mon guys and girls.

Ok, Tom's post saying "I'm done" has now disappear according to my phone

Tom, no one's having a go at you, if anything it's the opposite. We appreciate your efforts and it must be hard when upgrades are thrust on you.

Please see this thread as an opportunity to show our providers how badly people feel about the upgrade.

We are all on your side and want the best forum we can get and I apologise for my "sod it" comment earlier, it was as unnecessary as your comment about the 58 supporters.

Tom, that post "I'm done, bye" which has since gone was a bit unnecessary.

I haven't seen one person have a direct pop at you and the mods/admin in this thread. It's all really useful feedback which can go on to improve the forum.

In my opinion there are few, if any, football forums that are as tight and useable as this has been.

I don't claim to be a computer wiz so don't have any answers myself, but no one means this personally against you and the team - it's all useful stuff I think.

It's upsetting because ultimately I'm the only person who can really do anything about it and while I continue dialogue with Invison who I've had a very good relationship with for 12 years or so I'm extremely frustrated at the situation. I'm in London and having to faff about with Remote Desktop over my phone trying to get things straight.   The biggest issue is this forum 'the football forum' as its loading all 4300 odd pages. Go click into the sell and buy forum. See? 

I concur - the user experience now is dreadful on my iPad. It's slow and ugly and on match days it just breaks. I know for a fact my usage levels have dropped recently - it's just too much hassle on here now. I have begun to wonder if it is club orchestrated to dumb us down - a big like the Gas have done to their mob. A huge shame that 15 years in and we are currently left with the worst looking & useable forum in that time.

it worked a month ago, whose Idea was it to change it and bring the whole bloody forum to a standstill?

Archived