IGNORED

This forum

Dastardly and Muttley

It might take overnight for it to show you as an OTIB supporter next to your name, as I know @Tomarse was having to manually update things once the paypal payment had cleared.

Thanks to all who are donating their £5

Dolls, are you able to confirm if I have already donated? Ta

It might take overnight for it to show you as an OTIB supporter next to your name, as I know @Tomarse was having to manually update things once the paypal payment had cleared.

Thanks to all who are donating their £5

should be automated but actually haven't checked it all over since update 

There is probably over a million forums using IPB, so no.  Most people reporting its running fine.  Despite only being one site we have a very good support service from IPS - partly because I've been with them since day one and partly because I'm actually good friends with the original developer.  They got a very long, emotional and slightly drink related rant last night and to fair I had a response within 9 minutes.  

Unfortunately they can see one issue but can't give the fix to the next update (4.1) and that's a few weeks away. There maybe beta versions before that so I might have to try that if it fixes the inital issue which is the speed loading this forum.

As a short term fix I've re-created this forum, moved the last 3 pages worth of topics into it and hidden the forum with the rest of the 1.75m topics. It should improve things while they get to the bottom of it.

As I say the quote issues and mobile experience has had some fixes as well.  Unfortunately I'm on site (London/Colchester) next couple of days so I'm having to do things remotely and before work at silly o clock like now.

Lets see how it goes today with less topics in here...

OK Tomarse Thanks

So it would seem that there is something/s specific to us that is causing the multiple issues.

Good luck with the fixes and the updates. Hopefully it can be nursed through to a point release rather than consider a roll back.

I'm not sure if I've donated or not. If you have donated does it say "OTIB Supporter" next to your name instead of "member"?

I'm down as a member so I just went to store to donate, but it says I've already purchased this product.

Confused.

Very happy to donate if I haven't already done so

Exactly the same with me.

Pretty sure I have lapsed, but telling me I've already purchased.

Ok Boys and Girls, there are some problems with the new upgrade but there is no point in ripping Tom by the billycock's because of it.  I'm sure as usual he is working overtime to try and rectify the problems (not caused by himself) so let's have some patience and trust in a man who has done so much for OTIB.

Please just Chill Out as it's just a forum FFS not a life support machine !!

Ok Boys and Girls, there are some problems with the new upgrade but there is no point in ripping Tom by the billycock's because of it.  I'm sure as usual he is working overtime to try and rectify the problems (not caused by himself) so let's have some patience and trust in a man who has done so much for OTIB.

Please just Chill Out as it's just a forum FFS not a life support machine !!

actually I don't think anyone has personally ripped Tom for this. On this thread I can see useful suggestions for improving the usability and several offers to become supporters. People understand the reasons and are just frustrated that usability is not what it was.

As for last comment, it's all relative. It's a bit like when there's a death and people say that it puts "football in perspective".

And you've been told several times that the day to upgrade the software was not in our hands! We had no choice as to when it happened!

Yes I do know that!   I was just saying that it seemed strange that all this was done on transfer deadline day and surely the company who decided to upgrade our forum and who knows how many others, knew that and could have done this upgrade when the International break was on.  That's all i was saying,  as it seemed logical to not only me,  but many other posters and I was slagged off for that. Still, I am extremely grateful for all the work that is done for us and especially as I am so far away from the action.  I am also surprised at the small amount of supporting members and will donate my 5 pounds shortly.

Other than speed it appears to be working well for me, and I like the new look

What worries me more is that there's only 58 of us that deem this place worth £5 a year - that's pretty poor. Don't get much for a fiver nowadays, certainly not something that will give you as much enjoyment as this place for a full 12 months. As for @Ian M claim of a warm, fuzzy feeling - I'm still waiting for one of those this season. There were plenty last season though

Yes!   Perhaps this is the reason there are only 58, I have tried several times to subscribed, only to be met with the message, There is an error, please try another method of payment.  I got this both with Paypal and my Debit card and all the details were correct.  I have contacted them for help with this problem, perhaps another problem this upgrade has made.

Yes I do know that!   I was just saying that it seemed strange that all this was done on transfer deadline day and surely the company who decided to upgrade our forum and who knows how many others, knew that and could have done this upgrade when the International break was on.  That's all i was saying,  as it seemed logical to not only me,  but many other posters and I was slagged off for that. Still, I am extremely grateful for all the work that is done for us and especially as I am so far away from the action.  I am also surprised at the small amount of supporting members and will donate my 5 pounds shortly.

Invision is a company based in Amercia with probably several hundred housand customers.    The plan was for me to do the upgrade, myself, over the summer break but there were a number of factors that meant I had let them do it.  They actually had done it by middnight on the Sunday, the upgrade per say was done before Monday. However there were inital niggles that meant despite best efforts it wouldn't stay online untill the following day. However it was actually online during the moring and up till the point where both signings were annouced. It fell over from lunchtime.

actually I don't think anyone has personally ripped Tom for this. On this thread I can see useful suggestions for improving the usability and several offers to become supporters. People understand the reasons and are just frustrated that usability is not what it was.

As for last comment, it's all relative. It's a bit like when there's a death and people say that it puts "football in perspective".

I haven't seen anything person to be honest so nobody really needs to be told off.  I do take some of it personally, not because its labled at me but because ultimately it's generally me who will have to resolve the issues.  I do find it frustating when I see countless 'its slow' posts because its not like I can't see that for myself.  I was, shall we say, slightly merry last night so having got on the train at London Bridge to see some of the comments it did rile me initally.. unfortunately Dolls became agony aunt via text.   However we've received some first class support from Invision today.  Matt's personally been on and fixed a number of issues and cruciailly the issue where it lagged when loading this forum. To that intent it is a lot better.  I don't think its entirely 100% fixed but we should be much better.  The server isn't really the issue as Matt said to me, its purely the mySQL being hammered and not the CPU. However there are some simple upgrades I can do on it hardware wise so I'll be doing that early next week.

The chat room should be fixed today, they are looking at it now.  The editor issues particuarlly on the mobile side have been fixed in an update as Matt mentioned above.

I'll take a look at the store now. It's probably not quite rightly configured since the update.

I have my uses :D

now if you could just sort things so everybody can pay their fiver. . . . 

*runs* 

It's just your luck I'd had more than two pints for the first time in about 3 years...

The payment issue I can see, I need Jon to just sort some API settings out and it'll be ok.

It's just your luck I'd had more than two pints for the first time in about 3 years...

The payment issue I can see, I need Jon to just sort some API settings out and it'll be ok.

don't try and blame me for this! I didn't pour the drink down yer neck. I just talked you down from the ledge :D

Very happy to pay the fiver but the system won't let me - when I go to the pay now and click on it I get a page not found message !!

Not a regular poster but have been a 'reader' for many many years. I didn't realise I could donate a fiver towards the upkeep of the site. I will do this as soon as I can. I tried just now but had the same problem as longyears. I will try again.

I'm sure many readers like me would also donate a fiver if it was publicised more?

Archived