IGNORED

This forum

Dastardly and Muttley

Fingers crossed things go ok today. The chat room is working and general speeds seem acceptable at mo. Please bare with us if anything gets sticky post match as I'll be heading back from the game. 

A few things which have gone ( or I'm yet to find) since the upgrade:

1) Where it says number of replies to topics. You used to be able to click on this and get a list of each poster who'd replied to that thread, and how many times.

2) Each post on a thread being numbered. So you could say to someone...see post #28, or note the number of a post and go back and find it quickly.

3) A list showing those who'd posted most times that day, and another showing overall posts.

4) A list of OTIB Supporters.

Are all, or any, of these features due to return when all the glitches are sorted out?

Will we be seeing any of these things again Tom? :dunno:

Appreciate it was forced upon us by a third party, but I still find the new setup awful.

Cant even post on my mobile anymore, and the whole thing just feels clunky and messy.

Never mind though - done me a favour really; it means I have reclaimed some of my life, and at the same time spared you all from suffering me much more! 

• Admin

Appreciate it was forced upon us by a third party, but I still find the new setup awful.

Cant even post on my mobile anymore, and the whole thing just feels clunky and messy.

Never mind though - done me a favour really; it means I have reclaimed some of my life, and at the same time spared you all from suffering me much more! 

You may find that the upcoming update allows you to post again from your mobile. 

Will we be seeing any of these things again Tom? :dunno:

Post numbers, back.

I think you can search and see a group member list

Not sure about the other two at moment. Will need to investigate.

Thanks for changing the thread title click > last viewed post, feels much better and easier to use.

Just a quick note on this @Tomarse... (& I fully understand and defer if everyone disagrees with me, while am generally finding everything absolutely fine at the moment).

There is now no way to go to the start of the thread, unless the thread has gone to two pages. When the latest unread was a separate icon, it made sense to me, as you had the choice...now, there are just two buttons that do the same thing.

Obviously not a serious issue, just a little unnecessary to have to scroll back up when, for instance, checking the poll in the #GOTIB15to16CPL threads, or wanting to double check the original post of a thread if forgotten/clicked on it earlier but didn't actually read it.

If everyone much prefers it as it is, then so be it, but it just seems to make the dot/star entirely redundant (and I don't remember it being this way on the previous software either - there was a drop down thing to go to the latest unread, was there not?)... Maybe there's a way of making the dialog box that appears when you hover over the title act in the same way, so that you can click to go to the first post via that? Fully aware that may not be at all possible.

Anyway, keep fighting the good fight, and I'm certainly not about to stop logging in if it doesn't change ;)

That's unfortunately the catch with changing it the way I have. It did work on the mobile skin before exactly the same way. What I could do, I guess, is to reverse the dot icons functionality so that takes you to first post maybe. 

That's unfortunately the catch with changing it the way I have. It did work on the mobile skin before exactly the same way. What I could do, I guess, is to reverse the dot icons functionality so that takes you to first post maybe. 

Ah okay, thought it might be that - must've only ever used the desktop version. All good really, while that's certainly a very decent idea I don't want you to go to any hassle on my behalf.

But if you can change anything that means we start winning soon, that'd be ace.

Potentially not useful at all @Tomarse, and probably all in hand, but re: the auto-capitalisation (or lack thereof) on mobile devices it seems to be that the software doesn't treat a new line in the same way it treats a space.

So if you were to put a space after a full stop, and then hit return to start a new line, it will capitalise. But if you just hit return, then it seems to process the content as follows:

This is my first sentence.i've just hit return after that full stop but it didn't capitalise the i of "I've".how confusing.if I put a space after the next full stop and then press return let's see what happens. Ooooh look, magic!

(Imagining every sentence actually to be on a new line).

If that makes sense...

I'm sure you/developers etc. are already aware, but hadn't seen it mentioned so just thought it could be of some use... And the dot/star to first post thing is nice, but ironically still not possible to use unless there are new posts, ha. Literally the least important thing in my life right now, mind.

Archived