IGNORED

This forum

Dastardly and Muttley

I just typed out a reply to this thread which disappeared as soon as I hit the submit reply button, that's a new one.

edit; this seems to have worked. Maybe my first attempt was deemed as pointless anyway so I'll take the hint.

I could create a new footy chat forum, move the last two pages over and archive the forum.  It's not ideal though.  The whole slowness is cause by this being the busiest forum of the 5 and having the most posts. It puts huge strain loading it up. IPS need a solution so it only loads 30 days by default which is what it used to do.. I will have another moan at them when I get in 

how about (a temporary?) match day sub forum for those trying to keep up with just the games. Could that be a possible workaround whilst the remaining pages get loaded? 

There's a lot of talk on here about the OTIB supporters and the fee that's paid. 

Can someone explain to me exactly what it goes towards and how much it is?

in fairness there isn't a website I use more (maybe tubegalore - don't google it at work), so if someone gives me a reasonable answer... I'll pay. 

• Admin

There's a lot of talk on here about the OTIB supporters and the fee that's paid. 

in fairness there isn't a website I use more (maybe tubegalore - don't google it at work), so if someone gives me a reasonable answer... I'll pay. 

It's simply a £5 annual donation to help pay for the running costs of the forum. Your member title changes to reflect your donation & you get to experience a warm fuzzy feeling inside*.

* warm fuzzy feeling not guaranteed.

We (The Supporters Club and Trust) pay Clik (Who Tom works for) a monthly fee for them to do all the things they do.  This costs money.  We get some of this cost from the advertising you see on OTIB, but ultimately if that doesn't cover it, then we the SC&T have to make up the shortfall ourselves. 

I think it costs £5 a year, but I can't for the life of me find the link to how to sign up on the new forum set up.  There used to be a tab at the top.

now I have a black bar down the side of the forum taking up 1/3 of my iPad with computer code stuff on it. core_members.member_id=core_sessions.member_id WHERE id='trgnilt8jo6oj1up5cb9onf5d4' SELECT forums_forums.*, core_permission_index.perm_id, core_permission_index.perm_view, core_permission_index.perm_2, core_permission_index.perm_3, core_permission_index.perm_4, core_permission_index.perm_5, core_permission_index.perm_6, core_permission_index.perm_7 FROM `ibf_forums_forums` AS `forums_forums` LEFT JOIN `ibf_core_permission_index` AS `core_permission_index` ON core_permission_index.app='forums' AND core_permission_index.p Etc, etc

It's not great on a phone (I use an iPhone) but it's better than on my work machine. I can view the forum at work but am unable to post as the reply box is just greyed out. That's probably an issue with my work though as we are forced to use Internet Explorer 8 which is ancient!

I am also in this boat, ie8 at work so read only in effect unless I use my phone, which is more noticeable. ..

Morning all, sorry about the mysterious black bar. I work for the company that produces this forum software and I'm working with Tom to resolve the speed issues that you've been dealing with recently.

I've made one change that should speed things up a bit and I'll continue to monitor.

Morning all, sorry about the mysterious black bar. I work for the company that produces this forum software and I'm working with Tom to resolve the speed issues that you've been dealing with recently.

I've made one change that should speed things up a bit and I'll continue to monitor.

Any chance the 'quote' and 'like' buttons could go at the top of the post next to the 'share this post' button?

They really get in the way particularly on mobile device when scrolling down.

I've noticed a lot of complaints about posting when on a mobile device. We've fixed a lot of these issues by rebuilding the editor completely. This is still in development but will be available publicly soon. We've also made lots of internal improvements to make sure it runs better.

Any chance the 'quote' and 'like' buttons could go at the top of the post next to the 'share this post' button?

They really get in the way particularly on mobile device when scrolling down.

I get a similar problem with the report button as I scroll down, the Times I've reported people erroneously, I've even reported myself! Tbf this happened on the old version too.

Forum has been a joke since the update, been on this a fair few years and it is taken down on transfer deadline days of all days and the crashes when there is a match on.  It's becoming a bit pointless if it becomes unusable.

Be careful what you say!   I was slagged off for saying that it seemed strange to have been down on transfer deadline day and on Saturday I was on holiday in Istanbul, using the Hotels wi-fi which was good on all other sites. The problems I had just signing in were bad enough, but trying to access the match day thread was hopeless and I just gave up.  On the old site, I never had any problems signing in, on my laptop or phone, or accessing the match day thread.

• Admin

It's not great on a phone (I use an iPhone) but it's better than on my work machine. I can view the forum at work but am unable to post as the reply box is just greyed out. That's probably an issue with my work though as we are forced to use Internet Explorer 8 which is ancient!

Same problem for me

I have the strange messages on the right of my screen. I have, I think, decoded them and they are telling me to jump from the suspension bridge. But to leave money in my will to otib first! 

Matt from IPS is running some stuff through debug I think.. He's posted above 

I could create a new footy chat forum, move the last two pages over and archive the forum.  It's not ideal though.  The whole slowness is cause by this being the busiest forum of the 5 and having the most posts. It puts huge strain loading it up. IPS need a solution so it only loads 30 days by default which is what it used to do.. I will have another moan at them when I get in 

If we are running on a vm cant we throw more cpu and ram at it therefore increasing the processing power or are we maxxed out and  still running on an old physical box

Other than speed it appears to be working well for me, and I like the new look

What worries me more is that there's only 58 of us that deem this place worth £5 a year - that's pretty poor. Don't get much for a fiver nowadays, certainly not something that will give you as much enjoyment as this place for a full 12 months. As for @Ian M claim of a warm, fuzzy feeling - I'm still waiting for one of those this season. There were plenty last season though

We have 58 supporters who've donated to this board. I'd just like to thank them all.

I'm not sure if I've donated or not. If you have donated does it say "OTIB Supporter" next to your name instead of "member"?

I'm down as a member so I just went to store to donate, but it says I've already purchased this product.

Confused.

Very happy to donate if I haven't already done so

Archived