IGNORED

Gary Johnson

no_merde

don't think we could afford his release fee from Cheltenham???? Maybe lee could be his assistant?? That would make the boo boys happy!!

Lee & Gary Johnson managing the team with Pete Johnson as chief scout.  The dream team

Yep, how often others forget.

Still the most successful Bristol City manager.

For several years he was absolutely a great manager for us so I am pleased to see him doing well.

But no return please as it's never as successful second time around, Everton thought they knew better with Howard Kendall but it doesn't work for some reason.

For several years he was absolutely a great manager for us so I am pleased to see him doing well.

But no return please as it's never as successful second time around, Everton thought they knew better with Howard Kendall but it doesn't work for some reason.

Indeed. As proved with Jordan here and ultimately Johnson at Yeovil.

Indeed. As proved with Jordan here and ultimately Johnson at Yeovil.

He got them promoted to the championship in his second spell. 90% of managers ultimately get fired but I wouldn't say Johnsons second spell was bad at all!! 

He got them promoted to the championship in his second spell. 90% of managers ultimately get fired but I wouldn't say Johnsons second spell was bad at all!! 

Of course, that's why I used the word 'ultimately'. The promotion was a great achievement, but at the point of his dismissal they were facing a second successive relegation.

We were still only fifteenth when GJ was sacked, a lot of the real deadwood that we struggled to recover from signing was brought in by Coppell. It probably was the right time for him to go but 15th in our 3rd season in the Championship wouldn't be worth the sack if there wasn't already grumbles about GJ in the transfer market. People get lost in the context of the situation at the time. Wasn't that the season where we'd have been about 4th if it wasn't for goals past the 85th minute? The fact is, most managers will make mistakes in the transfer market, it's just the inevitable way of football -fans get fed up, call for manager to go, repeat, repeat.

Still the greatest manager we've had at City in my lifetime.

I still can't believe he managed to get Yeovil promoted. What an achievement. Hope he does well at Cheltenham too.

We were still only fifteenth when GJ was sacked, a lot of the real deadwood that we struggled to recover from signing was brought in by Coppell. It probably was the right time for him to go but 15th in our 3rd season in the Championship wouldn't be worth the sack if there wasn't already grumbles about GJ in the transfer market. People get lost in the context of the situation at the time. Wasn't that the season where we'd have been about 4th if it wasn't for goals past the 85th minute? The fact is, most managers will make mistakes in the transfer market, it's just the inevitable way of football -fans get fed up, call for manager to go, repeat, repeat.

Still the greatest manager we've had at City in my lifetime.

I still can't believe he managed to get Yeovil promoted. What an achievement. Hope he does well at Cheltenham too.

There comes a moment for every manager at every club when their time is up . Loved GJ ,the Cockney Charmer but he seriously lost the plot near the end.

I'm sure it's just desperation when what worked for them stops working . They have nowhere to go but a break and a new club can work wonders to restore their careers.

I am worried for Cotts this season .

Archived