IGNORED

David Lloyd

Kid in the Riot

34 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It's more a case of whether the replacement will be allowed to do a better job.  Will they have to tow a strict line? - you betcha.

The job is about pleasing the fans, not the club.  Let's call the job "customer liaison offer" - in any other business such a job would be about pleasing customers.  Nothing else.

The "business" is a football club and, just like any other they don't want to be seen in a negative light and definately wouldn't want any of their employees doing just that.

Thats why it's an almost impossible job but IMO DaveL does it pretty well.

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The "business" is a football club and, just like any other they don't want to be seen in a negative light and definately wouldn't want any of their employees doing just that.

Thats why it's an almost impossible job but IMO DaveL does it pretty well.

I think he does too (although I've had misgivings). 

I just think the brief is all wrong. 

6 hours ago, Just Red said:

Maybe it would be good if the FLO was a female? Having worked in prisons the female officers get far more respect . I would love Dolls to be considered for the role. She already does many amazing things for the fans.

Good God, No. No offence.

Should be a neutral, with a soft spot for the club of course. Imo. 

40 minutes ago, Flaxred1990 said:

Know David Lloyd personally and he is a humble fantastic guy, never deserved any of the abuse he got on here in the past, an avid supporter of the club and always held his hands up when anything went wrong. Good luck to the next holder of the post! :-)

Presumably he had no need for pockets then...

1 hour ago, Flaxred1990 said:

Know David Lloyd personally and he is a humble fantastic guy, never deserved any of the abuse he got on here in the past, an avid supporter of the club and always held his hands up when anything went wrong. Good luck to the next holder of the post! :-)

You must be mistaken, it has declared there was no such abuse?

16 hours ago, Super said:

Tim bird taking over.

Least it would be an improvement! As much as I can have sympathy with Dave L, he certainly didn't help himself and came across like a petulant child when he no longer wanted to post on this site - Made the club and the fans feel so far apart. Also, as for people saying that he didn't deserve stick. Why not? He is in a position where he was representing the club, if he does not do a good enough job he should rightfully so get called out on it. If a manager does poorly (SOD springs to mind) everyone gives them crap so why should he be any different? Edit: Also, I got the impression he no longer understood the fans perspective and always sucked up to BS.

6 minutes ago, Greenman15 said:

Least it would be an improvement! As much as I can have sympathy with Dave L, he certainly didn't help himself and came across like a petulant child when he no longer wanted to post on this site - Made the club and the fans feel so far apart. Also, as for people saying that he didn't deserve stick. Why not? He is in a position where he was representing the club, if he does not do a good enough job he should rightfully so get called out on it. If a manager does poorly (SOD springs to mind) everyone gives them crap so why should he be any different? Edit: Also, I got the impression he no longer understood the fans perspective and always sucked up to BS.

I've not followed the whole saga re DL...I have a question...did he decide not to post on this site anymore by his own jurisdiction, or was it something the Club, his employer asked/advised him to do?

Tbh...The way some people are so aggressive and argumentative on here, I don't blame him.

I wouldn't wish my worst enemy with his job...must be a nightmare.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Maybe Dolls would be interested?

She knows the club inside and out, is on good terms with those in authority and well respected on here. 

Perfect candidate should the job become available.

I've got enough on at the moment, and I'm also in the process of becoming a foster carer, which means my life is going to change considerably over the next year or so. Plus I am sure there are enough people at the club at the moment that already think I'm a big enough pain in the arse! :D 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I've got enough on at the moment, and I'm also in the process of becoming a foster carer, which means my life is going to change considerably over the next year or so. Plus I am sure there are enough people at the club at the moment that already think I'm a big enough pain in the arse! :D 

And you have to cook my Frosties in the mornings

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Yep, you'll be far too busy from the sounds of it.

BTW - we need someone to be a pain in the arse - that should be part of the job spec :)

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

BTW - we need someone to be a pain in the arse - that should be part of the job spec :)

Agree - ideally the post would hold the club accountable. In its current form, it doesn't seem like it does this. Whether that's a choice by the current FLO or that's made difficult to do by the club I'm not sure.

The post would be more useful if it was separate from the club and work with/disagree with the club where appropriate. Job spec needs a rethink.

4 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Totally agree, but how can it work when the post holder is paid by the club. Puts the post holder in an impossible position imo.

40 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

Totally agree, but how can it work when the post holder is paid by the club. Puts the post holder in an impossible position imo.

It can be impossible if the culture is wrong, but that really should not be the case. Many organisations employ individuals to be account managers, to relay customer experiences, to butt heads and be obtrusive where necessary for the benefit of clients. I'd bet HL has the equivalent of 'investment liason officers'. All it needs is for these individuals to be given the security that the messenger will not be shot.

• SC&T Board Members
17 minutes ago, 29AR said:

It can be impossible if the culture is wrong, but that really should not be the case. Many organisations employ individuals to be account managers, to relay customer experiences, to butt heads and be obtrusive where necessary for the benefit of clients. I'd bet HL has the equivalent of 'investment liason officers'. All it needs is for these individuals to be given the security that the messenger will not be shot.

In the absence of such a culture, and I'm afraid I think there is such an absence in this case, the messenger needs not to care if they get shot, i.e. not be dependent on the club.

41 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

In the absence of such a culture, and I'm afraid I think there is such an absence in this case, the messenger needs not to care if they get shot, i.e. not be dependent on the club.

True, and although this will be horrific to some I would very strongly prefer what others may describe as a 'suit' in that role. The role doesn't require a fan at all in my opinion, it requires someone with excellent communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and an empathiser who can represent the fans. Often I believe the best representatives are those who are somewhat detached.

I'd prefer the FLO to be someone who has a history of carrying out client service reviews and is somewhat bullish in what the role entails, what they need to be allowed to do to carry out their role and to do so in a suitably professional capacity such that if there were blocks put in place they'd bang in a letter of resignation in due time.

Archived