IGNORED

David Lloyd

Kid in the Riot

4 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Dealt with David on a couple of occasion and always found him helpful.  I wonder if any of those on here that give him dogs abuse will have the balls to step up?

100% agree with this. Also the same time he was getting dogs abuse he was suffering personal tragedy with the loss of his wife through illness which he never brought up and only missed 1 game!! No one is perfect but I do not agree with the stick he got on here.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

100% agree with this. Also the same time he was getting dogs abuse he was suffering personal tragedy with the loss of his wife through illness which he never brought up and only missed 1 game!! No one is perfect but I do not agree with the stick he got on here.

Sounds like the man deserves a bit of praise , not many of us could carry on doing a job which is open to insult when your personal life is in turmoil .

I think the two biggest problems werehe refuses to post on here and secondly he is eemplyeed by BS and he always came accross that he was on BS side and the fans were the enemy. He could come accross as very rude towards some plans. His best moment surely had to be when there was a pitch invasion and he was shouting down the Mic at the fans. Was pure comedy gold.

8 hours ago, Spoons said:

Can you provide evidence of this dogs abuse?

Another view is that Mr Lloyd was also treated with respect when he was perceived to be acting well, or questionably.

Trouble with a role such as SLO you have to be in amongst supporters not just inside Ashton gate  but taking time to visit the fan base around Bedminster and Ashton on match days as there is a fair few fans in that community who don't feel their voice gets heard, now DL to be fair had various other roles to fill on match days and I think as the stadium upgrade progressed the more other duties needed fulfilling and even more so once the new stand is up and running with hospitality and tours to be looked after. I have always thought the SLO should be a department on it's own with a few more hands on deck to spread the load and with a head of department but things do need looking at for a wider liaison within the fan base on match days. DL to his credit did give it a fair go and I have respect for that and thank him but as I said with expansion the role needs to expand with it and more hands on deck. I just hope things don't go down hill from here onwards due to things going impersonal from people who are not fans but mere employees with no understanding of the bigger fan picture. Any way thanks for giving it a go DL it was never easy.

8 minutes ago, cider head said:

Trouble with a role such as SLO you have to be in amongst supporters not just inside Ashton gate  but taking time to visit the fan base around Bedminster and Ashton on match days as there is a fair few fans in that community who don't feel their voice gets heard, now DL to be fair had various other roles to fill on match days and I think as the stadium upgrade progressed the more other duties needed fulfilling and even more so once the new stand is up and running with hospitality and tours to be looked after. I have always thought the SLO should be a department on it's own with a few more hands on deck to spread the load and with a head of department but things do need looking at for a wider liaison within the fan base on match days. DL to his credit did give it a fair go and I have respect for that and thank him but as I said with expansion the role needs to expand with it and more hands on deck. I just hope things don't go down hill from here onwards due to things going impersonal from people who are not fans but mere employees with no understanding of the bigger fan picture. Any way thanks for giving it a go DL it was never easy.

I see no reason why DL's replacement can't be an 'independent' supporter of the club - they could easily hold interviews from a wide-ranging pool of supporters that would no doubt be interested.

DL only works P/T at the club and is liaison officer for both the football and rugby and so I'm sure there are supporters out there who could fulfill the role for, say, a couple of days of the week.

Unfortunately I predict the role will go internally and continue to be 'mouthpiece of the club' as opposed to a genuine supporter liaison job.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I see no reason why DL's replacement can't be an 'independent' supporter of the club - they could easily hold interviews from a wide-ranging pool of supporters that would no doubt be interested.

DL only works P/T at the club and is liaison officer for both the football and rugby and so I'm sure there are supporters out there who could fulfill the role for, say, a couple of days of the week.

Unfortunately I predict the role will go internally and continue to be 'mouthpiece of the club' as opposed to a genuine supporter liaison job.

Maybe the supporters club and trust could engage with the club, BS to see what direction this role will take or will it end up a phone reception thing.

1 hour ago, WTMS said:

Can you provide evidence of this dogs abuse?

Another view is that Mr Lloyd was also treated with respect when he was perceived to be acting well, or questionably.

Anyone who has been on this forum over the last few years who can read can corroborate that.  

• Admin

The way I see this, there was a time when the role was a lot simpler and DL was able to give a wider range of feedback through a smaller range of outlets.

It's been clear that over the past 12 months or so for whatever reason the position seems to have become more and more diminished and seems to have been a contact by email only policy (which to be honest could be manned by an office junior - who then finds the response)

IMO the position has evolved with the power of social media but the position didn't change with it !

Add to that Bristol Sport is ever expanding so why not have someone that can represent all supporters using AG8 not just the football fans?

I'd assume many issues are similar for both sporting codes

From personal experience DL is a massive asset to the club as a match day host and perhaps letting him concentrate on that is a better idea, and letting someone else take on the role of SLO - assuming that there is going to be a replacement !

The irony of this is that there hasn't been an "official" announcement yet, maybe that will tell us more?

Let's just hope unlike other positions in the past few months that have been filled from within without being advertised !

• Admin
10 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Dealt with David on a couple of occasion and always found him helpful.  I wonder if any of those on here that give him dogs abuse will have the balls to step up?

10 hours ago, Spoons said:

Also the same time he was getting dogs abuse he was suffering personal tragedy with the loss of his wife through illness which he never brought up and only missed 1 game!! No one is perfect but I do not agree with the stick he got on here.

Christ you two make it sound like it was constant abuse on this forum - which it simply wasn't 

DL claimed he got abuse in the Q&A which he didn't

Yeah there were discussions where replies were "strong" in their text, but other people have had the same

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Christ you two make it sound like it was constant abuse on this forum - which it simply wasn't 

DL claimed he got abuse in the Q&A which he didn't

Yeah there were discussions where replies were "strong" in their text, but other people have had the same

I thought a lot of people were very smarmy to him, but he didn't always help himself towards the end of his time here.

I've never had any dealings with David personally but he has always come across as a decent guy. When he was on Radio Bristol the day after the open top bus tour his comments were very heartfelt.

It is a shame that the forum Q&A stopped because it seemed to provide a good channel of communication between the club and the fans. Hopefully that's something that can be reinstated in the future.

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, cider head said:

I agree with much of what Ciderhead says here and would also thank DL for giving it a go. It was, indeed, never going to be easy.

Going forward, it is a Football League requirement for the Football Club to appoint a member of staff as SLO. This does not, however, have to be a current member of staff, i.e. they can recruit for the SLO from outside of the Club and then make the successful candidate a full or part-time member of staff (as indeed happened in DL's case).

I would agree with most of what has already been said. Thank you for your time DaveL and hope you will continue as match day host/ courting the corporates as those are your strengths.

Now for the post, if there is one vacant: 

I think they have to be truly neutral as opposed to being a BS employee.

They will have to liase by all means;  face to face, through all social media and this forum. They will need to be able to listen to people of all ages and backgrounds, a fan is a fan whether they are sat in the Heinkein Lounge or propping up the 3 Lions bar. 

They will have to be able to attend meetings, if invited,  held by the ST, FAN or any other group (do senior reds still exist?). 

They will have to liase with BS and other groups with the club, eg the Community Trust etc. 

They will need to sit in various parts of the ground, use the concourse/ground facilities, (food, toilets) phone up for tickets. Travel on CATS.  Be a normal fan and  dress like one.

And most of all be able to take the rough with the smooth. It's lovely to hand out caps, cheques, signed shirts and deal with happy people, of course it is. But just as important are the problems;  the bubble match restrictions, ticket prices, restricted views, issues with flags, complaints about swearing in family areas etc.

I really hope the right person gets the post, it could be such a good thing if done properly.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

I would agree with most of what has already been said. Thank you for your time DaveL and hope you will continue as match day host/ courting the corporates as those are your strengths.

Now for the post, if there is one vacant: 

I think they have to be truly neutral as opposed to being a BS employee.

They will have to liase by all means;  face to face, through all social media and this forum. They will need to be able to listen to people of all ages and backgrounds, a fan is a fan whether they are sat in the Heinkein Lounge or propping up the 3 Lions bar. 

They will have to be able to attend meetings, if invited,  held by the ST, FAN or any other group (do senior reds still exist?). 

They will have to liase with BS and other groups with the club, eg the Community Trust etc. 

They will need to sit in various parts of the ground, use the concourse/ground facilities, (food, toilets) phone up for tickets. Travel on CATS.  Be a normal fan and  dress like one.

And most of all be able to take the rough with the smooth. It's lovely to hand out caps, cheques, signed shirts and deal with happy people, of course it is. But just as important are the problems;  the bubble match restrictions, ticket prices, restricted views, issues with flags, complaints about swearing in family areas etc.

I really hope the right person gets the post, it could be such a good thing if done properly.

@RedM if the role is open to applications I hope you'd seriously consider applying. Obviously it's a tricky job and it may not be something you'd fancy at all but from reading your posts on here I think you'd be very good at it. You definitely 'get' what the role should be.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

@RedM if the role is open to applications I hope you'd seriously consider applying. Obviously it's a tricky job and it may not be something you'd fancy at all but from reading your posts on here I think you'd be very good at it. You definitely 'get' what the role should be.

@Phileas Fogg I'm genuinely flattered, and shocked, that you think I could do this role. There are far, far better people than me for sure. Nice of you to say though, Thankyou!

3 hours ago, dezgimed said:

Anyone who has been on this forum over the last few years who can read can corroborate that.  

It has been pointed out previously that no reports were made of this abuse to Mods, and when the Mods investigated further no abusive posts could be found despite posters being asked to identify the offending threads.

The phrase Dogs abuse = frequent, profane and severe. Nobody has corroborated this abuse. 

Archived