IGNORED

David Lloyd

Kid in the Riot

4 minutes ago, WTMS said:

It has been pointed out previously that no reports were made of this abuse to Mods, and when the Mods investigated further no abusive posts could be found despite posters being asked to identify the offending threads.

The phrase Dogs abuse = frequent, profane and severe. Nobody has corroborated this abuse. 

But hey, if people post something enough then others start to believe it, before it actually gets said as a fact, when in this case, it was simply not true.

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

@Phileas Fogg I'm genuinely flattered, and shocked, that you think I could do this role. There are far, far better people than me for sure. Nice of you to say though, Thankyou!

No problem, but after reading your posts over the years I think you'd do it very well. You obviously understand what is required for the role and would be a very good candidate in my opinion!

i hope the club do allow the role to be open to applications

7 minutes ago, WTMS said:

It has been pointed out previously that no reports were made of this abuse to Mods, and when the Mods investigated further no abusive posts could be found despite posters being asked to identify the offending threads.

The phrase Dogs abuse = frequent, profane and severe. Nobody has corroborated this abuse. 

It's down to interpretation. The bloke got stick for years with snide and subtle comments on here. Makes no odds to me but people should at least have the bollocks to admit it. Tim B for one. 

39 minutes ago, dezgimed said:

It's down to interpretation. The bloke got stick for years with snide and subtle comments on here. Makes no odds to me but people should at least have the bollocks to admit it. Tim B for one. 

Dogs abuse can hardly be misinterpreted.

The Q&A was moderated. Moderators would have had to be collectively misinterpreting these supposedly snide and subtle questions collectively. The Supporter Liaison, or Fans could have drawn the Moderators attention to these allegedly abusive posts, but the report button was not used according to Moderators.

Mild stick surely goes with the territory, and Mr Lloyd's replacement should possess the requisite thick skin. 

1 minute ago, WTMS said:

Dogs abuse can hardly be misinterpreted.

The Q&A was moderated. Moderators would have had to be collectively misinterpreting these supposedly snide and subtle questions collectively. The Supporter Liaison, or Fans could have drawn the Moderators attention to these allegedly abusive posts, but the report button was not used according to Moderators.

Mild stick surely goes with the territory, and Mr Lloyd's replacement should possess the requisite thick skin. 

True I can only comment on what I see on here. 

40 minutes ago, dezgimed said:

Think you'd be best advised to wind your neck in given the snide comments you have made about Tim B, pictures of City fans in Tilburg, Divvy etc.

47 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

But hey, if people post something enough then others start to believe it, before it actually gets said as a fact, when in this case, it was simply not true.

There was stuff no worse than what you get in general conversation on here, but it still wasn't pleasant. If you worked in a shop, it's the kind of stuff you'd remember but not complain about.

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think you'd be best advised to wind your neck in given the snide comments you have made about Tim B, pictures of City fans in Tilburg, Divvy etc.

You naughty boy.... @dezgimed

You must behave like a good little boy now that Mr KnoweverythingandeverythingIsayisright has spoken.......

41 minutes ago, dezgimed said:

I'll just wait for the inevitable abuse/threat via PM from one of the internet tough guys because I dissed his gang. 

Well, let's have it right: you were disrespectful to a fellow City supporter that was dying.

I'd assumed your hiatus from this forum was due to a ban, not running away scared.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well, let's have it right: you were disrespectful to a fellow City supporter that was dying.

I'd assumed your hiatus from this forum was due to a ban, not running away scared.

No, I was put on moderation and there isn't much to discuss during the Summer. 

So you think I am out of order and should be beaten up, are you going to do it? Genuine question, or just acting the big man? Clearly it's your prerogative that someone on an internet forum you have taken a dislike to should be punished with violence, if you live your life like that, I pity you. 

38 minutes ago, dezgimed said:

So you think I am out of order and should be beaten up, are you going to do it? Genuine question, or just acting the big man? Clearly it's your prerogative that someone on an internet forum you have taken a dislike to should be punished with violence, if you live your life like that, I pity you. 

Glad to hear it.

Where did I say I think you should be beaten up? Please don't make things up.

I would like to say that I think has done a fantastic job in a somewhat thankless position whilst having to deal with personal turmoil in his life.  I have contacted him on a couple of occasions over the years and his response has been 1st class. I wish him only the best for the future and thank him for a job well done. He will be missed I am sure. His successor has big shoes to fill.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I would agree with most of what has already been said. Thank you for your time DaveL and hope you will continue as match day host/ courting the corporates as those are your strengths.

Now for the post, if there is one vacant: 

I really hope the right person gets the post, it could be such a good thing if done properly.

I'm not sure the post will be made available but if it is I doubt that anyone could do the job any better than Dave.

It's  a really difficult role. The post holder will be caught between the fans and his employers - Bristol Sport I assume. I think it's almost impossible to please both of them. 

I mean, who decision was it for Dave to stop using this forum? Was it his own, or was he told to stop?  I guess we'll never know. 

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I would agree with most of what has already been said. Thank you for your time DaveL and hope you will continue as match day host/ courting the corporates as those are your strengths.

Now for the post, if there is one vacant: 

I think they have to be truly neutral as opposed to being a BS employee.

They will have to liase by all means;  face to face, through all social media and this forum. They will need to be able to listen to people of all ages and backgrounds, a fan is a fan whether they are sat in the Heinkein Lounge or propping up the 3 Lions bar. 

They will have to be able to attend meetings, if invited,  held by the ST, FAN or any other group (do senior reds still exist?). 

They will have to liase with BS and other groups with the club, eg the Community Trust etc. 

They will need to sit in various parts of the ground, use the concourse/ground facilities, (food, toilets) phone up for tickets. Travel on CATS.  Be a normal fan and  dress like one.

And most of all be able to take the rough with the smooth. It's lovely to hand out caps, cheques, signed shirts and deal with happy people, of course it is. But just as important are the problems;  the bubble match restrictions, ticket prices, restricted views, issues with flags, complaints about swearing in family areas etc.

I really hope the right person gets the post, it could be such a good thing if done properly.

The job has been as an employee of Bristol City/Bristol Sport and one can only assume that will continue....The liaison will be between individuals and fan groups of all BS brands and as such will be full time. It is likely they will be privvy to certain board decisions and as such I don't see any question of independence as it will be part of the role to communicate between the club and fans and report back (two way communication). Its up to fans groups to have someone to liaise with....However my advice to the new boy/girl is make a stand for the supporters big or small early and get a few on their side

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

@RedM if the role is open to applications I hope you'd seriously consider applying. Obviously it's a tricky job and it may not be something you'd fancy at all but from reading your posts on here I think you'd be very good at it. You definitely 'get' what the role should be.

Seriously both you and Dolly would be great in this role and you already have a profile among supporters of the FC which is the biggest brand, hope you like Rugby, Basketball et al!

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

OTIB in People in posting repeated bollox and others believing it shocker.....

4 hours ago, cynic said:

It may not have happened in the Q&A forum but he certainly got abuse on this forum.

One member in particular (can't remember his name - Tim something I think) regularly called him a liar, a bully, and other stuff whilst ignoring Daves offer to speak face to face in order to find out why he was so offensive. There was other stick as well to a lesser degree.

I don't blame him at all for not communicating on here - just take a look at some threads to see the obsessive nature and sense of entitlement some have. 

Having said all that, Dave didn't help himself by openly being what was obviously a "yes man" representing the club.

I couldn't give a toss if the SLO communicates on here or not, but he/she needs to be part of the supporters match day experience and not part of the clubs match day experience.

Edit: I forgot to mention the pedantic nature of some on here which could drive a SLO nuts - I was just reminded of it by a recent post.

This may come as a surprise to some but this board was eventually considered irrelevant by The Major Shareholder, The Board of Directors and subsequently DL, due to the nature of some of the repeated attacks overt and covert that appeared on here on the above and Bristol Sport. Most City fans are behind SL, The BoD and Bristol Sport as they represent the future of this club. We do not have a shining new stadium the best forward in the League and two trophies in the cabinet because of anything said by anyone on this forum

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Really! can we just now put him on ignore now? We are all pretty sensitive about the situations you mention , but some of this stuff is why the club think this place sucks!

2 hours ago, dezgimed said:

Beaten Up!...:laugh:....Yep New fans liaison officer is going to love reading this....If someone has threatened you I should call the police and let the mods know! 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

I would like to say that I think has done a fantastic job in a somewhat thankless position whilst having to deal with personal turmoil in his life.  I have contacted him on a couple of occasions over the years and his response has been 1st class. I wish him only the best for the future and thank him for a job well done. He will be missed I am sure. His successor has big shoes to fill.

Exactly! 

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Tim Bird was eventually banned then, wondered about that.

I had him on ignore years ago....Along with Pete1975legend, Jordan Tansley and various others...Nice they are gradually being whittled down and one day the club may take this place seriously again!

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I mean, who decision was it for Dave to stop using this forum? Was it his own, or was he told to stop?  I guess we'll never know. 

Does it matter? I don't think so. Whoever made the direction it was down to one person to decide whether to follow that direction or not.

I'd like to think that if I were in his shoes and if that direction came from the top my response would be 'thank you but unless you change your mind because you are putting a serious barricade in front of me being able to carry out my duties to the best of my abilities'.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm not sure the post will be made available but if it is I doubt that anyone could do the job any better than Dave.

It's  a really difficult role. The post holder will be caught between the fans and his employers - Bristol Sport I assume. I think it's almost impossible to please both of them

It's more a case of whether the replacement will be allowed to do a better job.  Will they have to tow a strict line? - you betcha.

The job is about pleasing the fans, not the club.  Let's call the job "customer liaison offer" - in any other business such a job would be about pleasing customers.  Nothing else.

58 minutes ago, dezgimed said:

Ah ok my bad, just friendly advice before was it... 

Well that's how it reads doesn't it? Not sure how you interpreted it in your head to mean 'KITR thinks I should be beaten up'?! Sounds like you're trying to play the victim when it is YOU who was in the wrong. A touch hypocritical that you are drawing attention to people 'abusing' DL when you yourself are being moderated due to being guilty of pretty much the same thing - arguably worse.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well that's how it reads doesn't it? Not sure how you interpreted it in your head to mean 'KITR thinks I should be beaten up'?! Sounds like you're trying to play the victim when it is YOU who was in the wrong. A touch hypocritical that you are drawing attention to people 'abusing' DL when you yourself are being moderated due to being guilty of pretty much the same thing - arguably worse.

That's your opinion and many others but I'm not going to be told who to worship around here, people can be sheep if it suits them. If I hear something disgraceful I'm within my right to ask if people know if it's true or not. Doesn't matter if they're a fellow City fan or not. It was with reference to something nearly 10 years ago and yes my timing was bad, hold my hands up to that, but I think people got mixed up with what I was saying and put it in context of more recent tragic events.

Archived